Mission #16

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Zerosh, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

I'm really stuck on Part 2. Ended up looking at the threads in the archive and checked out JJKennedy Twitch vid and understand that the answer has changed.

I tried applying the same method that JJK did on the new code I had but some numbers dont match any of the braille number formats.

Am I in the right direction? Or has the process of solving this completely changed?

2. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

3. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

Thanks but I have been there and still bamboozled! Maybe I need more coffee :)

Got any hints?

4. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

5. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

Ive just tried this all happy that I worked out what you were saying and it still is wrong for me.

I've double checked the binary numbers are right against the business card, Ive drawn circles and coloured them in to double make sure I found the right numbers!

By the way, I thought this was odd but it is probably explainable by someone cleverer than me. When I converted the binary into letters using a previous link in this threat, I counted the letters i.e. A=1 etc and it comes up with the same number (except one digit for J) that I have from doing the braille/binary using your recommended pattern.

Anyway, no method is working and I'm completely miffed!! What am I missing?

6. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

Me again! I tried the other format suggested in the above thread

And thats not working either. Double checked I've written down the right binary codes from the b/c and although I get a valid number this time its not the right answer.

I'm going mcddddddddddddddddddd

7. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

8. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Mod Note: Several above posts have been merged to this main thread from a separate thread.

9. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

Did you add the dashes in the answer format? I just remembered someone else having that issue as well

10. rampagingroo

rampagingroo New Agent

Followed all the advice above. Have number, tried it with and without dashes but doesn't worked. Checked I got all the binary in right order, tried again but still says wrong code. Not sure what I'm missing

11. rampagingroo

rampagingroo New Agent

Cracked it.

12. ChaseSurma

ChaseSurma New Agent

Hey is anyone else getting
    224 678 0415
    because I keep getting that and no matter what I do I keep getting that, am I on the wrong track or am I just doing something wrong?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
  13. begonethoth

begonethoth New Agent

Hey, @rampagingroo, what did you do to crack the code?

14. rampagingroo

rampagingroo New Agent

You need to look at where you place the dashes

15. Panacea

Panacea New Agent

Not sure if you've cracked this by now, but for future agents attempting to solve this here's a couple hints-
    You won't be given numbers. Think about how to get numbers from the output you are given.

16. Petry

Petry Active Agent

That's so brilliant! I founded it by kind of guessing and never understood the link between the answer and the image. But you made me realize that I was actually missing some info:

Where did you get the "Oh Yeah" part ? Is that the Attachment 2 ? (K83PSbSctBw)

17. Petry

Petry Active Agent

Just adding my two cents for any future lost soul that get here looking for help :D :

As someone else mentioned, the braille layout is actually:

1 2 3 4 5 6 =

1 4
    2 5
    3 6

so try rearranging the binaries you are given... now what do they look like ? Try replacing the 0s by blanks and 1s by dots AFTER rearranging :D

Also, to my surprise, there is only one correct answer. Usually the game accept multiple ways of writing an answer (for instance, Alice or alice are both correct answers). But for some reason, they decided to keep this one as a strict single correct answer. This can be very frustrating if, like me, you are not familiar with some conventions. So:

As you probably guest, or read, you are looking for a phone number. The convention for the phone number is 123-123-1234. But mind you! Only numbers and - are acceptable characters :rolleyes:

If after fully reading page 2 of this thread you still feel lost, PM me and I will get to you as soon as possible. Good luck, and remember to have fun!

18. Delilah84

Delilah84 New Agent

Hi there everybody, I just created an account after lurking for a while, thanks for the info! I thought about sharing with you this thing that I've found weird, maybe some of you can help me understand.
    As many of you I obtained - in a first moment - letters from the binary instead of numbers.
    BBDFGHJDAE
    I tried to translated those into numbers without reaching any answer, and at some point I entered the string on Google search + "wiki".
    Imagine my surprise when the only result I got was this very page:
    which, if I'm not wrong, is linked to all of this both because
    that is the name of the contact we're looking for and the guy was involved into optical studies

As if it was not weird enough, the string is nowhere to be found in the entire page, not even in the source code, so no idea how the hell it was possible to end up on that page...

Any clue?
    (anyway, I don't need to solve this, I got over it, I just wanted to share this with you!)

19. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

Id say its a strange coincidence, and nothing more than that
    If you look closely at the google results it mentions that the string isnt on that wiki