Vbc-report-073115

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by thatangryviking, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cowbie

cowbie Senior Agent

Sooo, is anyone going?

2. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

Dispatch is sending "agents" (NPC's). The message was intended for whoever took Vanessa.

2 people like this.
  3. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

My thoughts too. I am guessing that dispatch will send a team then we may be called upon once they retrieve the package.

4. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Yeah, it's what I honestly think as well, seeing how it's at the dockyard area of TO. I mean I would go to the Dockyardish area of Halifax, but we are a Harbour city, its mostly docks here. However in Toronto, that's different.

That being said, I would urge any agent out there NOT to go there Saturday night, not everyone knows we are a game.

2 people like this.
  5. Priathic

Priathic Senior Agent

Yeah and they did say that they would mobilize their agents in the area, so hopefully we won't need to send anyone.

6. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Can we get another green ?

2 people like this.
  7. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

We only have one Green, though. And the Green contract doesn't say you have the possibility of getting stabbed or anything.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

It actually says A&S is not responsible for it.

2 people like this.
  9. Nu Age

Nu Age Senior Agent

A lot of people here would do it if it was close enough, so maybe we got a yellow not that far who's willing to go ? Please come forward if that is your case, and we will ask dispatch to promote you to green level clearance, at least temporarily.

10. thatangryviking

11. riningear

riningear Division-79

2 people like this.
  12. thatangryviking

Yeah, the only thing that would make that place any worse would be train cars, or shipping crates..but that pile of dirt would be a great place for a
    sniper
    lookout..

13. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

To clarify a couple of things.

- Agents of any clearance can choose to go to a live event. They need not be greed.
    - When in doubt, ask. We've already asked the devs if this is a real thing, trying to convince some idiot to go wandering around the Toronto docks at night is a bad idea.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, don't be an idiot. I know it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of live events, but that's no excuse for not thinking things through.

3 people like this.
  14. riningear

riningear Division-79

I sent an email to Dispatch asking specifically which agents they intend on having attend the interception.

I mean, for one, we don't want to put untrained or unauthorized agents in the field and in harm's way. We have word that there may be firearms involved.

We're also not sure what the GMs' expectations are for whether or not players should actually be out there, you know? And especially if it's intended to be a high-risk mission.

Or if they're even sending actors out there at all. Could all just be hearsay.

4 people like this.
  15. Jalava

Jalava Active Agent

OTOH, if there really is exchange happening on that location, it should be quite safe to just sit in car nearby until stuff goes down, right?

Disclaimer: I'm from rainbow and unicorns land called Finland where nothing bad ever happens, so what do I know :)

2 people like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

Considering Daed could be on the scene, I'm not sure I'll be safe sitting where I am in the USA

2 people like this.
  17. Smillia

Smillia Senior Agent

Email from dispatch.
    Agents,

At 21:07 UTC today an email was sent to Dispatch, providing us with new intel that appears to relate to the transfer on 08/15/15 in Toronto. The identity of the sender is unknown at this time. Email message to follow:

Date: 21:07 UTC 08/11/15
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: A Storm is coming

Time is short and I believe that your organization can help. I have information that is of great interest to you, but I must test your abilities, as you are currently in a weakened state. I will make contact in your communications channel as “TheWeatherman” tomorrow at 13:00 UTC to provide further details. Consider this my introduction to you, and begin preparations for what I am planning. A storm is coming to Toronto.

--The Weatherman

We must mobilize all active agents. Be ready to receive the message on the dedicated channel at 13:00 UTC 08/12/15.

Preparations have begun for the interception mission on 08/15/15. We will activate ourgreen level agent, and all other agents must be ready to provide field and online support. All field agents must prepare for the interception mission. Be sure to pack the necessary provisions, but remember that we must remain out of the focus of local law enforcement. No weapons are to be worn by any agents. Should an armed assault be needed, a special force will be on standby.

5 people like this.
  18. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I have that quad drone on standby to mail to a,agent in the area. But shipping from the U.S. to canada. I am not sure if it could make it in time. That and drone laws in canada. I know drone laws in the U.S. but not in canada it might be illegal use there?

19. thatangryviking

20. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Agent

If I am looking at this right, that is 9 am eastern