[puzzle Pieces] I Want To Play A Game

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Lyrah, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Santiak

Santiak MIA

I had made a habbit of checking for related entries after noticing that the Rosenberg employee files were serialized (XJ99M-), in this case it came up with a result. So I reckon it could be jotted down to being found on a hunch. :)
    I've since tried looking for something pointing toward it in the relevant mission, but have found nothing that would clearly point to the entry.

4 people like this.
  2. Aulran

Aulran New Agent

Obvious error in mission 21 to focus on:

The dead guard's age is 39, but supposedly he was born on January 13th, 1981, which would have made him only 34.

3. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Thought I was on to something for #20:

Looking at the labs elemental analysis, you may notice at the bottom that each subjects weight is written out.
    I decided to look into the relative distribution of elements in the body of the subjects, and while most elements tended to fluctuate across subjects, gold seemed to have a much more regular ratio in each subject:

Normally, only the first natural digit would be consistent for the other elements (i.e. 0,45 - 0,46), but here it was the first two (0,0015).
    Thinking this might mean something, I looked up element abundance:

In the universe, Chromium makes up roughly 0,0015%.

Thinking this might be a bit thin, I read on.
    Turns out, Chromium was first discovered as a pigment, used for reds and yellows, which seemed to fit rather neatly with the autopsy report stating the subjects had "yellow and red patches".

So I ran through what seemed fitting from the wiki, as well as some things that didn't, but unfortunately I came up with no hits.

Just thought I'd share my failings and save someone else the trouble of retracing, or alternatively, letting them follow up on it if they feel there's any merit to this. ;)

2 people like this.
  4. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

As I'm sure you all know by now, I'm slightly obsessed with these Info Pieces. I thought it'd be good to gather together all the solutions and how they were found, so I began making a little guide to finding them all which includes hints, the solutions and an explanation.
    Perhaps this could be added to the first post, it's a little more helpful than just the list of answers.

Season 1 Info Pieces

Overall Theme: Chemical Elements

Mission Set 1 (Training Missions) contains Missions 1, 2 and 3.

The theme for the Info Pieces were Names of Chemical Elements.

Credit to Agent Santiak for finding this.

There’s not much to investigate in this mission. Remember the theme and search things on the postcard that weren’t involved in the main mission.

Thallium

The postcard is addressed to William Lamy. William Crookes discovered Thallium, and Claude-Auguste Lamy was the first to isolate it.

Credit to Agent Lyrah for finding this.

Take a good look at the Division 79 Basic Training Manual 4A (Archive: BTM4A17) and see if you can notice anything odd.

Cadmium

Some letters are doubled (such as “blisster” and “cloose”). The repeated letters spell out Stromeyer, the discoverer of Cadmium. Serum 1817 also refers to the year of discovery.

Credit to Agent Grim-Angel53 for finding this.

Does anything seem like it could be a clue in the photographs of the crime scene (Archive GH73Q3)? Look for a date or a name.

Indium

The auction poster advertises a “Fundraiser for St Ferdinand Church Soup Kitchen” at 1863 w Barry Ave. Ferdinand Reich discovered Indium in 1863.

Mission Set 2 (Division 79) contains Missions 4, 5 and 6.

The theme for the Info Pieces were Atomic Weights.

Don’t focus on anything in the Steam client here. The clues you seek lie outside the Mission Hub.

The cover photo for the Morpho Medical facebook page contains the numbers 8, 7, 6 and 2. 87.62 is the Atomic Weight of Strontium.

Does anything seem out of place on the Radiation Test document (Archive 8DFJ9D)? Pay attention to the classification of the document.

101.17 (Should be 101.07)

The Review date on the document is 1/01/07, but the document was made on 05/01/15. 101.07 is the Atomic Weight of Ruthenium. Ruthenium is also named after Russia, where the Polygon is.

Credit to Agent Nikel for finding this.

Nathaniel holds the clue for this answer in his Rosenburg intranet.

Logging into Nathaniel’s intranet with the password “bedlam” gives us an image of Tantalum capacitors. 180.94788 is the Atomic Weight of Tantalum.

Mission Set 3 (The Clinic) contains Missions 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

The theme for the Info Pieces were Melting Points.

Credit to Agent Dylanamite for finding this.

This mission features the delightful character of Mike Grisha. Is anything different from the last time we met him?

Mike’s new team number is 76-31-769, whereas his old one was 60-31-769. Osmium has an Atomic Number of 76. The melting point of Osmium is 3306.

Credit to Agent Rohva for finding this.

We also meet Dr Myrick for the second time. Anything different about her since last time?

Myrick’s phone number is now 514-555-3695. The new part of this is 3695, which is the melting point of Tungsten.

Credit to Agent Durroth for finding this.

Spend some time looking around Brea’s facebook page and see if you can find anything.

In the “Details about Brea” section on her Facebook page, she includes the quote “Whoever has ears, let them hear” from Matthew 11:15. 1115 is the melting point of Calcium.

Credit to Agent Secondme for finding this.

Take a careful look at the four documents you’re given (Archive FT78RE). This Info Piece is relatively straightforward.

505.08 is a balance shown in an e-mail with Kray Holdings. 505.08 is the melting point of Tin.

Credit to Agent Dylanamite for finding this.

Lydia’s intranet holds the information you need for this one. Don’t forget the overall theme of the Info Pieces.

Lydia’s file mentions Krypton Fluride. The Melting Point of Krypton is 115.78

I will continue with the other 3 Mission Sets tomorrow morning :)

5 people like this.
  5. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

just a few more to go, and I believe this will unlock the Secret mission/s. for the pathfinder hidden achievement.

6. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Been away for a week, any luck with identifying the theme or pieces for the last group?

4 people like this.
  7. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I think we were all busy with the last live event, but I believe that unlocking all puzzle pieces will unlock secret missions*

*if you look under achievements there is one called pathfinder that is hidden. steam achievement sites say its earned by unlocking the secret missions. Since we have not unlocked all puzzle pieces I am guessing it is tied into that.
    http://achievementstats.com/index.php?action=games&achievementId=123664

3 people like this.
  8. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay so, for anyone who wants to work on the final Info Pieces, I've created an Excel sheets with a different tab for each missions!

http://bit.do/FinalInfoPieces

6 people like this.
  9. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

Question re Mission 5.

Is this pertinant? I know we have found the info piece for mission5 but it seems too obvious

The word superimposed over the second image is Exide. It is in a stylized logo which matches that of the Exide company. Exide is a manufacturer of Lead Acid batteries. Compare the file image to this...

-C.

10. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

That's in the source photo. It's been bought up before. The corpse is contained in a jar that's labelled Exide.

11. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

I don't think I saw this posted, but this is a google doc I think Dylanamite started so that we could collab on the last pieces.
    I've added a few of my thoughts in a couple of the mission tabs.
    I'm usually hanging around in IRC, if anyone wants to work on them this weekend I'll be around!!
    Cheers!

3 people like this.
  12. Lexicon4

Lexicon4 Senior Agent

I could be wrong but I think I've found something solid. In mission, in the Adverse Reactions section, it speaks of a patient who weighed in at 80.6kg. 80.6ms is the half life of Lutetium, according to periodictable.com

I GOT IT
    Puzzle piece 20. It's the shear modulus of Lutentium. Upon trying other shear modulus', however, nothing came up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    7 people like this.
  13. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Very well Done agent!!

14. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

Great!

Now that we have the theme, it must be easy to find the rest, i think.

15. Lexicon4

Lexicon4 Senior Agent

I certainly hope so. I did some trial and error with another mission and modulus numbers but got nothing. Hopefully I just typo'd something, but it could be something else.. Considering 80.6 lead to Lutetium, where we found the number, I really hope I'm correct.

16. Santiak

Santiak MIA

I've tried using the Shear modulus for other elements for Mission 21, no luck. Maybe Young Modulus?
    Alternatively, could be that the age discrepancy points to the half life of an element - such as Curium244m

17. Lexicon4

Lexicon4 Senior Agent

Yeah, it was also the isotope abundance for two elements and the critical point for Selenium.

18. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Found via the map of locations of the "ancient structure", which had marks in top left corner. Had noticed them previously, but never looked into them. When Lexicon reminded me of them, I decided to look into it.
    Turns out they are in sets of 8 - nothing denotes "1", circle denotes "0" - lines translate to:

Which translates to the answer:

Have yet to find what element that number fits with, however - but entering it yields an information piece.

Seems to fit with the Heat of Fusion for Technetium

3 people like this.
  19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

So there's no actual theme for these ones? Just whatever else is left over I guess aha

20. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Woo nice job guys!