[puzzle Pieces] I Want To Play A Game

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Lyrah, Jun 30, 2015.

1. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

6 people like this.
  2. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

I think it refers to Sigurd Hofmann, who discovered darmstadtium, roentgenium and copernicium.

2 people like this.
  3. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Don't have mission 5 yet...

I went through the wikipedia pages and tried every single molecular weight except for the ones that don't have specific numbers, e.g. wikipedia lists einsteinium's atomic weight as (252). None of those worked.

Missions 4 and 6 had clues outside the mission, morpho's facebook page, mnathaniel's intranet login. This leads me to believe that 5 is in the DN98A1 document.[/spoilers]

4. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I've also gone through every wikipedia page and tried the weights... Which seems weird as I feel like it should've been one of them.
    We don't know whether any of the numbers are rounded though. For example, the mission set of the densities, one was 15.10 where Wikipedia listed it as 15.1
    Gonna keep searching!

5. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Might be worth also considering the DN98A2 file, in that case. :)

6. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Wait is that the one that's for Mission 15?

EDIT: no, it's not

7. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Here's the reversed version.

8. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Has anyone looked into
    Semipalatinsk?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  9. Vox_noctem

Vox_noctem Active Agent

At work so I can't test it but
    at that site one thing they tested was nuclear thermal rockets, using liquid hydrogen as the propellant, with a mass of 1.008. Russia also tested it's first nuke there I think, using Plutonium atomic mass 244.
    worth a try.

10. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Nothing from that for me

11. grgisme

grgisme Active Agent

I didn't see anything useful here, but For what it's worth...

The DN98A2 file transcription is:

The subject is Male, about 16 months old. Clear mutation of the abdomen and head. Mother died in childbirth. No record of the father. Subject was left in the care of the hospital. Likely exposed to the same tests as the others. The autopsy shows they were interested in changes to the BDNF gene. And the...

2 people like this.
  12. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Tried molecular mass for all the isotopes of plutonium and iodine with no luck

2 people like this.
  13. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

14. grgisme

grgisme Active Agent

More Fails:
    Tried every decimal number I could find related to lithium-6 deutheride, which was the chemical used in "Joe-4", the fourth of 456 tests at the Semipalatinsk site.

I think we're getting close though, because ...
    The DN98A2 audio clip just reinforces the theme of the DN98A1 document, which mentions both Lavrentiy Beria and URDF-3. And Lavrentiy is the primary individual at fault for the fallout that occurred at Semipalatinsk.

Edit: More Specifically, I think the answer will be something related to an iodine isotope or something to do with testing on birth defects / children. This is just speculation though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    2 people like this.
  15. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Nor does it appear to be the molecular mass of any uranium isotopes

16. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Puzzle Piece #5 Found

101.07 date on 8DFJ9D document
    However it is not working right now as an answer

4 people like this.
  17. Santiak

Santiak MIA

3 people like this.
  18. MrPayday

MrPayday New Agent

I just completed all the missions in the game (so far) and I must say I've really enjoyed it. They're really challenging but not TOO challenging that you would just give up after several hours of thinking (like was the case with Cicada 3301 if you heard of that).

I love these kind of ARGs and I'm especially experienced in cryptography, history and riddles (that kind of area). I'm also good with computers. So I've tried a lot of these things I have experience with on the first three missions to find any of these "puzzle pieces" but no positive results. I really have no idea what I am looking for. Like in Mission 2 it's just an audio recording with a female voice, but there's nothing behind the message or in the video clip as far as I can see. I don't want to spoil the answers for myself but unfortunately there's no hints for the puzzle pieces like there are for the normal missions. I barely had to use these but for the puzzle pieces 1 or 2 hints per piece would be nice since I have no idea what I am looking for. Thanks in advance. :)

19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I can maybe start writing out some hints for the Puzzle Pieces I guess, but you'll have to give me some time!

2 people like this.
  20. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

Where does DN98A2 come from anyway? Did someone just think of adding 1 to DN98A1?