[puzzle Pieces] I Want To Play A Game

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Lyrah, Jun 30, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

The code was Navajo for ABGSBYXINAT which when ROT13'd gives NOTFOLKVANG which is, well, Valhalla

2 people like this.
  2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

6 people like this.
  3. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Damn Dylanamite!
    That's some solid work you've done!

4. Redfly

Redfly Active Agent

Is this reasoning based on the assumption that NOT FOLKVANG is the opposite of Fólkvangr?

5. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Precisely that. The other thought is to fit the 4 letter theme, to instead use
    Odin

6. Aulran

Aulran New Agent

7. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

8. MERCury

MERCury Senior Agent

9. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

@dylanamyte . Will you be availible this weekend ? We can get together with some others and crack these puzzle pieces. So we can ( I assume will unlock the secret missions and will grant the pathfinder achievement. ) let me know what times are good , as well to any other agent who wants to help out.

10. Aulran

Aulran New Agent

Sounds like a plan to me.

11. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I am working til around 7pm GMT both days, but after that I am entirely up for blitzing through a few missions and seeing what we can find!

12. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

This just in: Dylanamite may have just cracked things wide open.

Hell if I know, though. Update incoming from him sometime today.

2 people like this.
  13. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay, so I've been doing a lot of work. I've figured out Info Pieces 7, 11 and 12.
    I've also made what I feel is a big discovery to finding the others.

Okay so we all assumed that each mission set had a different theme. Eg: The first set were all elements. The third set were all numbers. Then flowers.. and so on.
    We were wrong. While each mission set is something different, there's a big over-arching theme covering all the pieces: Elements.
    They aren't just the first three. The first three were the NAMES of elements.
    The other info pieces are other pieces of information about elements. The third mission set pieces are the absolute melting points of elements. The fourth mission set isn't flowers, it's the names of those who discovered elements. The fifth set I believe to be the density of elements.

We haven't figured out any of the Info Pieces for this one, so I don't have much to go on.
    However, I've tried to isolate a few of the elements mentioned in the missions.
    Mission 4 obviously gives us Isoflurane, Calcium, Glycine and a few other elements/compounds to look at. We also have the Morpho Medical numbers which may relate to something to do with an Element.
    The obvious one for Mission 5 is Iodine.
    Mission 6 could also have a few, although I'm fairly certain it's going to be something to do with Tantalum.

Missions 8, 9 and 10 already lead us to the Info Pieces. Mission 8 was 3695 (the melting point of Tungsten). Mission 9 was 1115 (the melting point of Calcium) and Mission 10 was 505.08 (the melting point of Tin).

I focused on what others had already looked at. The difference in Mike Grisha's team number. His old team was 60-31-769. His new team is 76-31-769.

Relating this to the Elements theme, I found Osmium which has the atomic number of 76 (Mike's new team number).
    The absolute melting point of Osmium is 3306. Hence, Info Piece 7.

My obvious choice of things to look at regarding this Info Piece was the second part of the mission. After scouring the photos without noticing anything, I looked once again at Lydia Moss' intranet. I initially noticed Radium which has a melting point of 1233 but that didn't work.
    Then I spotted "Krypton Fluride" on the list. Krypton has a melting point of 115.78. Voila, Info Piece 11!

The only thing I had to go on here was Marguerite, the Info Piece for Mission 12. Googling "Marguerite Element" took me to Marguerite Perey, who discovered Francium.

We got a list of Baup's samples in the mission. I simply went through the list, finding out who discovered which element, and tried all of them.
    Germanium was the answer, discovered by Clemens Winkler. Winkler is Info Piece 12.

Once again we've only gotten one Info Piece from this mission set, which is Mission 17's "15.10"
    After doing some research I found this to be the density of Californium.

I believe the other missions may once again lead us to an element. We should focus on the densities.

10 people like this.
  14. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Fantastic job Agent!

15. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Going along the line of Dylan's thought (way to go btw)!
    The following pieces were found by Agent Cowbie and myself.

Mission 13
    Oganessian (ununtrium)

Mission 15
    Hofmann (received Hahn award?)

Mission 16
    19.84 (density of americium)

Mission 18
    18.95 (density of neptunium)

Mission 19
    12.02 (density of palladium)

5 people like this.
  16. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I think we've made a lot of progress today! From missing 11 to only missing 3... Well done everyone!

3 people like this.
  17. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Okay so a found #4 - since the rest of the mission groups had to do with physical chemical properties, I narrowed down the 4-6 group to be molecular weight, because of the answer in Mission 4 for heavy water.

I'll admit a brute forced a couple before getting the answer. Then Agent Cowbie reminded me...

Of the 8-2-6-7 that was hidden in Morpho Medicals Facebook page
    Molecular weight of Strontium 87.62

2 people like this.
  18. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

#6 found

Instinct towards Tantalum was correct, from MNathaniel's intranet page. The answer is the FULL LONG molecular weight: 180.94788

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  19. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

Only 1 left. Impressive

20. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

HOLY SHIT that's a lot. Looks like I'm going through and putting these in.
    Because I like piggybacking off of others' success.
    Go you guys.