Operation Nightfall

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by thatangryviking, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

"We are requesting a mission update regarding the deception operation against subject known as Ted Benwall"
    Agents told Dispatch how Ted was being discouraged.
    "SET 6 has found that his latest discourse does indeed indicate he is losing motivation"
    "We want to maintain the current strategy and aim to keep his desire to continue the investigation low"
    "His investigation introduces the possibility of revealing actual proof of occult energies not yet known by other agencies or government bodies."
    "We believe that the group he is investigating may be dealing with actual occult energy forms we have encountered before"
    "If he reveals this information online, we need to be certain that anyone outside this agency is immediately doubtful of the information being presented."
    "Any communication that has the possibility of moving him away from his investigation is of interest"
    "We are still performing an analysis of the cult and reviewing the files in our archive, we expect to have new information for all active agents soon."
    "We are still investigating the actual signatures, if we find any developments we will notify you "
    "New information will be delivered via agency email servers "
    "Additionally, we believe that the cult may have a communication list they use for contacting their members, if you find an opening we need you to insert a honeypot phone number that will inform one of our interception agents."
    "The number is 888-724-1143. Do not attempt to add any other phone numbers to this list if you find it."

4 people like this.
  2. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Log from dispatch IRC:
    --> | Div66_Dispatch ([email protected]) has joined #division66
    ~Div66_Dispatch | We are requesting a mission update regarding the deception operation against subject known as Ted Benwall
    ~Div66_Dispatch | SET 6 has found that his latest discourse does indeed indicate he is losing motivation
    ~Div66_Dispatch | We want to maintain the current strategy and aim to keep his desire to continue the investigation low
    ~Div66_Dispatch | His investigation introduces the possibility of revealing actual proof of occult energies not yet known by other agencies or government bodies.
    ~Div66_Dispatch | We believe that the group he is investigating may be dealing with actual occult energy forms we have encountered before
    ~Div66_Dispatch | If he reveals this information online, we need to be certain that anyone outside this agency is immediately doubtful of the information being presented.
    ~Div66_Dispatch | Any communication that has the possibility of moving him away from his investigation is of interest
    ~Div66_Dispatch | We are still performing an analysis of the cult and reviewing the files in our archive, we expect to have new information for all active agents soon.
    ~Div66_Dispatch | We are still investigating the actual signatures, if we find any developments we will notify you
    ~Div66_Dispatch | New information will be delivered via agency email servers
    ~Div66_Dispatch | Additionally, we believe that the cult may have a communication list they use for contacting their members, if you find an opening we need you to insert a honeypot phone number that will inform one of our interception agents.
    ~Div66_Dispatch | The number is 888-724-1143. Do not attempt to add any other phone numbers to this list if you find it.
    ~Div66_Dispatch | Stand by for any additional updates
    <-- | Div66_Dispatch ([email protected]) has quit (Quit: Leaving)

3. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Black Watchmen - Operation NIGHTFALL

MISSION FOR: ALL ACTIVE AGENTS
    MISSION No: 207055 [Operation NIGHTFALL]

1. Action required:
    New information has been produced by our analysts, the predictions of the Church of the Dark Sun speak about the coming Abyss. Analysts have researched the possible interpretations of this prophecy, and the following text was found in our database of the Church’s activities:

"Should you face the Abyss and it is not yet time, heed the words of the signal. The instructions for the banishment are repeated at thirty second intervals endlessly at two points across the globe: on C MHZ at the base of H. Straumer’s copy of the famous tower, and the base of Morrow and Gordon’s version on M KHZ."

This text suggests that there is a banishment ritual available at the two points mentioned, given to members if they needed to reverse the process as a fallback. You must first determine the location and means of delivery of the message. When the location and delivery method is found, send this information to Dispatch [[email protected]] and await orders to deploy active agents into the field to gather information.

2. Background:
    Church of the Dark Sun is a U.S. based cult with chapters all around the country. We have been aware of them for some time, however there has never been a need to target them with any action. The cult was relatively benign and we did not see hostile intent from them. Ted Benwall was also investigating the cult, intending to create a film about their New York chapter. The latest postings from his blog suggest that the cult is getting ready to undertake some kind of ritual.

3. Recommendation:
    (a) Perform an analysis on the passage found in the archives regarding Church banishment ritual communications.

(b) Send any location/delivery method leads to Dispatch [[email protected]] and await deployment instructions

(c) Continue the smear campaign against Ted Benwall (http://www.secondlookdocs.com, Twitter: TedBenwall)

(d) Be prepared to give mission updates daily to Dispatch on IRC at 8:30 PM UTC until mission conclusion

4. Greenstarfanatic

H Straumer was an architect who built a radio tower similar to the Eiffel Tower, called the Funkterm Berlin. It's likely that that's what's being referred to in the first part of the message.

5. Obyrith

Obyrith Senior Agent

6. BlackFennec

BlackFennec Active Agent

Just found same towers as you guys...

7. AsvarTyros

AsvarTyros Active Agent

The C MHZ and M KHZ seem to refer to radio frequency. Perhaps 100 MHz at Berlin and 1000 kHz in Sydney?

8. jackquinn333

jackquinn333 New Agent

Do we have anyone nearby who can try and listen in and check these frequencies? Or even an online way to do so would be good.

9. AsvarTyros

AsvarTyros Active Agent

UPDATE This is a email from dispatch regarding the locations! Any agents in the area, please respond!
    Dispatch,
    My research points to Berliner Funkturm (Radio Tower Berlin) being the location of the first transmission, at a frequency of 100 MHz
    The Second Location appears to be AWA Tower in Sydney Australia at a frequency of 1000 kHz
    -Asvar Tyros

Agent Asvar Tyros,

We've evaluated this report to contain the likely locations and delivery method for the cult transmissions. Please note down the following deployment instructions:

We need agents to be deployed to one of the two locations mentioned and capture an audio recording of the radio signal on site. This file needs to be translated into a spectrogram and sent back to us.

We believe that the signal carries data from the cult, though it may require inspection from our Technical Labs before anything actionable can be obtained.

Be sure to collect photos of the tower as well, to provide additional material for analysis.

All of these materials once collected should be emailed to this address no later thanFriday10:00 PM UTCand then agents should await the report from our Technical Labs.

--

Division 66

3 people like this.
  10. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay, we've given the Honeypot number Dispatch supplied us with to the Church of the Dark Sun.
    Ted's twitter feed led us to this site http://darksundawn.com/
    Which has a contact page saying
    "Seek the new and trade the monster in your pocket to sunbrother with your friendly number (123-456-7890 → 1234-5678-90XX)"

The "monster in your pocket" led us to Pokemon. Found sunbrother as a user on a pokemon forum and sent our honeypot number as a PM to him.

EDIT: Got a reply

"Hello Brother!

I am so glad you are interested, I'll add you straight away."

4 people like this.
  11. Markoff

Markoff Active Agent

This is great progress, and nice work those who figured out the tower locations so fast. It seems like we are making good progress on this case, be prepared for a big swing as I imagine that the Church is going to get wind of our activities pretty soon and try to get us off their tail.

EDIT: also, how did you know which pokemon forum to go to and how did you find the user sunbrother on there?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  12. WhoAmI

WhoAmI New Agent

This is the recording that I managed to get. I have a feeling that this might not be what we are looking though...

Attached Files:

13. Greenstarfanatic

I mean, if the audio recording is decent enough, we can just translate that into a spectrogram and send it off. That is, if it is correct.

14. WhoAmI

WhoAmI New Agent

And here is a picture of the tower :)

Attached Files:

15. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I just looked up "Pokemon Forum user 'sunbrother'". It takes the pokemon forum keywords, and makes sure it doesn't pop up as "Sun Brother" or something like that.

And that recording is what you got at the tower with the frequency 1000 kHz? I converted it and used a spectrograph on it, but nothing pops up of value honestly. Pic attached of what I see

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  16. efallenone

efallenone Active Agent

Hi guys, pretty new to this, but I would like to offer my inputs:

why did you guys use 1000 and 100 respectively? Perhaps we could use C MHZ and M KHZ respectively?

17. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I don't exactly know either how they got those frequencies. I am just hoping that there are plenty of agents with decent radio receivers in Berlin or Sydney.

18. AsvarTyros

AsvarTyros Active Agent

The Frequencies 1000 kHz and 100 MHz are assuming that the C and M are roman numerals

19. AsvarTyros

AsvarTyros Active Agent

Has anyone sent the pic and spectrograph to dispatch yet? We are getting close to the deadline (Friday 10pm UTC)

20. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Man, new update at midnight and by the time I crawl out of bed it's solved and responded to. So efficient.