Notice #415

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Santiak, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I will agree that 24 hours did not seem long, but surely an email would hit everyone whether they had worked on the live event or not. I suppose a lot depends on the definition of the achievement. That being said the verification code could equally have been obtained by people who came along after the event had ended. Maybe we need a coded email address we have to message during the early stages of the mission or something?

I think this may be a tough one to iron out for the devs.

2. Ashielf

Ashielf Senior Agent

I also missed out on the achievement...

However, great mission. Looking forward to her next video message.

3. MochiInvasion

MochiInvasion Senior Agent

having an address that the agents who take part have to email having been informed of completion would make sense i guess, but i agree that people who don't haunt the irc or check the logs regularly would miss it even if they took part. also agree that 24 hrs is too short, 48 makes a lot of sense.

4. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

I have to agree on the 24 hours are too short. I know the code went out to IRC and very quickly followed here on the boards. But if you work and you're normally asleep at 18:00-20:00 UTC you can very easily miss out on the window.

5. Rohva

Rohva Gold Member

I think it was unfortunate that there was a lag between when the mission was completed and when the code was made available. It was long enough that everyone was expecting it to happen in two weeks. The code should have been made available as soon as possible after the mission completed, when those that were participating at least at the end of it were still around. I understand in this case it was due to further testing that was needed, but I hope it doesn't happen in the future.

I am on the fence about emailing the code out to everyone, since that would catch people who didn't participate at all. Maybe there could be a "reporting for duty" button that appears in the client whenever a live mission is active. Agents that click it get on a notification list for that event. It would also serve as a persistent visual indicator for those otherwise unaware that a live event is afoot.

12 people like this.
  6. Rolan Storm

Rolan Storm Active Agent

Totally agree, Rohva. Missed on code too.

7. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Like the idea of some sort of check in. You could still check in and then not participate, but it seems more rational than leaving it open for all, otherwise it's not really an achievement is it!

8. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thank you all for your feedback concerning the live mission achievement.

Clearly, the method we used left some of you frustrated, so we are going to change the way the code is handled, so everyone that participates in future live missions has time and opportunity to get their steam achievements.

12 people like this.