Mission #9

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Medenor, Jul 13, 2015.

1. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

I agree. Just saying that this element should be issued in the instructions for the mission

2. IBB

IBB New Agent

I'm having some trouble finding the Facebook page for S Myrick. It seems as if its been removed. I recall doing this mission before and now I can't considering I can't get to the correct one without troubling some innocent person. Can you please help me go in the right direction, because this puts me at a dead stop on one of the easier ones. Thank you.

3. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

IBB, I don't remember that person having a facebook account. Are you sure?

4. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

just because youre looking for a pass, doesnt mean you automatically have to asume you should stalk someones facebook/twitter/hyves/whatsoever.
    there mightve been other clues that could lead to the info you need

5. Mr. Vain

Mr. Vain Active Agent

Hey, can I get some assistance? I've sent probably like 10 emails and I still don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. This is the letter I sent.

Hi Brea Setterlund,

I'm new at Superterram Life Sciences, my first week has been great and I was really happy to hear from your friend Stacy Stevens that you're a huge fan of Garth Brooks! I love that kind of music too, looking forward to his next album. I wanted to just introduce myself and ask if you were free next Friday? If so, we should go see the Texas Longhorns game. I think it'd be a great way to get to know each other.

Also, I wanted to know what the pin for the orders access portal is? They left a note on my desk about it, but I must have misplaced it and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask for another one.

Thanks!

--Liam Smith

6. Joris

Joris Active Agent

Are you sure thats the right Stacy?

7. Athene Noctua

Athene Noctua Active Agent

I'm sorry, but I absolutely REFUSE to pretend to like
    country
    even Bieber or some shite boyband would've been preferable!

You absolute utter total complete wankweasels! :mad:

themadhuman likes this.
  8. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

I share this feeling, but if you want to complete the mission... (Although Bieber would be just as bad a choice of "music". This mission is a kin for me, as a United States citizen, pretending to be a Trump supporter. Things I imagine an agent employing social engineering strategies would sell out in order to get their target info.)

9. rampagingroo

rampagingroo New Agent

New recruit here. Sent letter, exactly as template with correct bits added, but not getting a reply.
    Do I need a subject?

10. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Worth adding one if the other way didn't work, imo

11. rampagingroo

rampagingroo New Agent

Tried that, still had no response. Will redraft letter again.
    Hi Brea,
    I'm new at Superterram Life Sciences, my first week was great and I was really happy to hear from your friend Stacy that you're a huge fan of Garth Brooks! I love that kind of music too, looking forward to the next album. I wanted to just introduce myself and ask if you were free next Friday? If so, we should go see Jurassic World. I think it'd be a great way to get to know each other.
    Also, I wanted to know what the pin for the orders access portal is? They left a note on my desk about it, but I must have misplaced it and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask for another one.
    Thanks!
    -Shelly P

12. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

To make this easier I'm going to type up the template SET6 gave us.
    Hi [TARGET NAME],

I'm new at [TARGET COMPANY], my first week has been great and I was really happy to hear from your friend [CO-WORKER NAME] that you're are a huge fan of [TARGET FAVORITE MUSICIAN]! I love that kind of music too, looking forward to the next album. I wanted to just introduce myself and ask if you were free next Friday? If so, we should go see [TARGET INTERESTED MOVIE/SPORTS GAME]. I think it'd be a great way to get to know each other.

Thanks!

--[FAKE NAME]

Of note, there is a typo in the first sentence (you're are). This is how it is given in the mission documents, I'm unsure if keeping/removing it will affect your results.

13. dingoniner

dingoniner New Agent

First of all, I hate Facebook. Hate it. However, I have an account. Not because I like it or actually use it, but because everyone else uses it for one thing or another.

If we are to be "good field agents," then we have to stoop to the level of the masses, and engage them in whatever medium they are using, stupid as it may be (did I mention that I hate Facebook?) Something about "know thy enemy" would be appropriate here.

I think that to ask the developers to make the game "easier" by not including the one stupid medium of communication that is also the most widely used medium of communication would be kinda lame.

My suggestion to those having difficulty simply create a free E-mail account, using a fictitious identity, and then create a fictitious Facebook identity. Hell, our friend Brea did it. ;-) You can even create an entire online persona of your "field agent" identity, and beat the game at its own game. In fact, we should all get together and create a domain name like @bwatchagent.com or something, and have a place where we can create our own personas. I run a mail server, I'd be happy to manage that.

There are always solutions. Some of them aren't easy, but that's what makes this game so rewarding.

My two cents: Please don't make the game easier. Make it as realistic as possible. If the masses move to something stupider than Facebook (is there such a thing?), then you can bet I'm going to put my big girl panties on and go see what it's all about, and beat them at their own game again.

I dread the mission that requires me to have a Twitter account! :)

14. HomestarJogger

HomestarJogger New Agent

This just worked for me, thanks! It doesn't look too much different from my failed attempt.

Maybe she didn't like that I mentioned the Rankel Twins instead of Garth Brooks. And offered to go see the Texas Rangers instead of your Jurassic World.

15. Alexander666

Alexander666 Active Agent

I tried sending from my
    hotmail
    , but nothing happened - when sending from my
    gmail I got a reply instantly.

16. luisure

luisure New Agent

Yes...me too...tried sending from
    yahoo.com
    and when sending from
    gmail.com
    got and instant response.

17. Psykoguy

Psykoguy New Agent

Be sure to check your Spam filter. I sent 4 emails (one with wrong info) and then discovered 3 responses in my spam folder. Heh...

18. BaffledNinja

BaffledNinja New Agent

The email keeps getting bounced back to me. Says that Brea,s email address doesn't exist? Is there another email address for her?

19. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Hi, we fixed this problem yesterday. Sorry for the inconvenience!