Mission #9

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Medenor, Jul 13, 2015.

1. DAVE PAPE

DAVE PAPE Active Agent

worked! thanks a lot

2 people like this.
  2. Gaudin

Gaudin Active Agent

never gonna make such an account, please no further FB involving missions - if social profiles, take some serious ones, not this

3. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Half the online world are on FB. It's a very valid route for investigation in the real world. I have had to sign up to many websites since starting this game. The ones I was not keen on I just used pseudonym.

3 people like this.
  4. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

I agree with you about the FB, however as an agent we need to use the resources at our disposal. That however does not mean we need to stretch our principals! It only means we need to find a way around the problem, like for instance using a trusted contact with FB-access to do the job for us.

All problems have solutions, we just have find them!

5 people like this.
  5. Tes

Tes Active Agent

Two additional questions:
    Does the email need to have a special subject?
    Do I use the email address
    from her FB account / the website or am I completely blind and she has another one?

Thanks for your help!

6. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

I didn't use any special subject just a Hey, and I used
    her work email

7. Argamasa

Argamasa Active Agent

The thing with this Version you posted is that it says:
    "I was really happy to hear from your friend Stacy that you are a huge fan"

and in the Document Provided by SET6 in Division 66, the letter sugested using:
    "I was really happy to hear from your friend Stacy that you're a huge fan"

It might be enough variation to interfere with the template. Yet the Template says "you're" and it didn't wokr for me that way.

Just if it helps.
    Some mechanics break the immersion this game can have. but it's something people should take as a cable to earth. maybe. anyway.

hope it helped.

8. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

So... I just got this game, and I'm on this mission. At this point, how long should I wait for the response (like should it be quick or like a day or so?)? Also, the movie that someone used on the last page, would it still be valid or should I choose something more current? Thanks

9. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

It's an automatic response, you should get it right away. If you get stuck, hop in the IRC and we'd be happy to lend a hand!

10. Skooma Junkie

Skooma Junkie New Agent

Where do you get the template?

11. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

From the archive.

12. Gush1

Gush1 New Agent

This is the email I wrote and received a response.
    Hi Brea,

I'm new at Superterram, my first week has been great and I was really happy to hear from your friend (friend's first name) that you're are a huge fan of (musician)! I love that kind of music too, looking forward to his next album. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if you were free next Friday? If so, we should go see the (Sports team on page). It'd be a great way to get to know each other.

Also, I wanted to know what the pin for the orders access portal is? They left a note on my desk about it, but I must have misplaced it and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask for another one.

Thanks!

--(Fake Name)

13. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

You should fill the gaps in the letter, like adding her best friend name, or adding a musician she likes

14. Gush1

Gush1 New Agent

What Raul_CT said.
    Yes, add these, but without the parentheses.

15. Enix

Enix Active Agent

I've got to say, I am very frustrated that the game semi-requires me to get an account on facebook in order to get the right information. Also, your suggestion worked completely fine, despite most of the things stated in there being completely wrong.

I have no way to know about 'Stacy' without creating an account. Disappointing.
    How is Garth Brooks the right musician? When I watch her profile (as of 12th of August, 2016) her favorite musician is 'The Rankin Twins'!
    'I love country music too' is not even what the template ingame stated you are supposed to write. You are supposed to write 'I like this kind of music too'. Same with 'his next album'; it should be 'to the next album' according to the ingame template.

How is 'Jurassic World' the right movie? 'Forrest Gump' is clearly her favorite when I look at her FB.

I really like the game so far, but I feel really frustrated about this mission being part of it, where so much variables just plainly contradict each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  16. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

@Enix, if it helps at all, I'm fairly sure that this puzzle
    relies on an autoresponder which will accept a variety of variables in those spots. So, for instance, when I solved the puzzle I wound up asking her if she wanted to go to a baseball game that was coming up. As for the issue of signing up for a facebook account, it doesn't take very long to make a fake one and all of the required information is posted with a 'public' sharing setting, so I think even without an account you could probably view it.

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated about this puzzle, you're definitely not the only one who dislikes the format this puzzle requires. I know that @crux has been pushing out some quality of life improvements for season 1 puzzles, I'm not sure if this one is on the docket or not but by tagging him in this post perhaps he'll see the frustration it can cause ;)

17. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Yes, I agree. Let's put this one in the list of mission that need to be revised. I am sure we can make it in a way it can be solved without a facebook account.

PS: Enix, I had to put many of your comments in Spoiler since you are giving away some of the answer for that part of the puzzle.

2 people like this.
  18. Enix

Enix Active Agent

Agent Enix reporting in.

I'm very sorry about this. I will use the spoiler tags accordingly from now on.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Agent Enix, over and out.

19. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

There is one issue about this mission: we are supposed to pretend to be a co-worker of the contact, and we use our own personal email.... how credible is that?

20. TheGrigori

TheGrigori Senior Agent

@exibition

Well to be honest...

I didn't know if I was talking to an actual person or an auto responder. So in my email I put I hadn't received my log in details to the email yet and that I was replying from my personal email. Still got a response and didn't break immersion. Also not sure if this needs to be a spoiler but erring on the side of caution.