A Message In The Package...

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Shahmeran, Feb 23, 2015.

1. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

I wonder if others who have received jackets have a similar paper hidden with?

2 people like this.
  2. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

The bat had nothing to do with it!

(although apparently it time to check the mail again...)

-Bats

3. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Or has one of your (swarm? Flock? Murder? Syntax?) gone rogue?

2 people like this.
  4. riningear

riningear Division-79

@Vomher received one but only got the strip. I'm thinking it's just Santiak.

5. Ashielf

Ashielf Senior Agent

Mainly called colony. Camp or cloud is also possible according to my extensive research. Bats can decide which term he prefers.

6. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Interesting coincidences I found:

Hangman's Blood
    Wind... Rises (High)... and a Hangman?

The Hanged Man Rises
    Nothing about wind, but supernatural mystery set in Victorian London. The quote on the front kinda reminded me of Anashel's status on the forums.

7. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Before we overthink the hell out of it (too late!) when I went to The Wind rises on wiki, I noticed something that might fit the format, tho I don't know how well: the name of the plane: A6M Zero or A6M-0. Though if that is it or what one is supposed to do with that is unclear to me. What I do know is unless they have turned up the dial from "You Idiot" to "Diabolic" we are looking for a simple answer and a simple connection.

The plane was also simply known as the Reisin, which a little searching led me to this:
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reisen

Looking at the definitions...I'd say Santiak is going on a trip...what's his clearance again? Watch out for black vans!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  8. Vomher

Vomher Senior Agent

Yep, I only got the addon version of the coat. All I got were the stickers, the thank you paper, the strip, and coat.

9. bljkr

bljkr Gold Member

Well check under the neck tag to be sure, mine was hiding there.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  10. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

my god, they're clever...

11. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Very interesting.
    It would seem (paraphrasing from a chat we had on IRC), that the Hangman tags are limited to those Agents who'll be recieving a Div42 Jacket (i.e. the ones that came with the main opt-ins, not the add-on variants).

Some initial ruminations are that, either these notes are analogous to the strips of paper, and need to be correlated somehow, or - based on the number of Agents recieving them (5), as well as how closely related my own seemed to be on my area of.. "expertise" (BA in Japanstudies) - that they might be relevant for the specific Agent receiving them, somehow - or at the least, lend themselves to what HQ percieved as a field that specific Agent would, if nothing else, have an interest in.

But, I'm doing the tinfoil-hat dance a bit early.

2 people like this.
  12. Vomher

Vomher Senior Agent

There's nothing in mine. Just the poorly written tags that make me scared for the safety of this product.

13. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

My initial feeling is that these are tailor-made (har) for those agents receiving them. As for what you do with the answers, haven't the foggiest.

3 people like this.
  14. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

I get the impression that the "-" marks the position of a possible hinted letter and combining all 5 letters in correct order a message will be revealed.
    @Santiak 's letter could be "Z"

15. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Perhaps they are in some way related to the Rosenberg strips?
    I.e. the strips point to a novel login, where the answers can be used as login for an account of some sort.

Ah, so you mean that, because the clue is (possibly) referencing the Zero Fighter, the key component of the hinted word is placed in the hyphens spot?
    So my "_ _ _ - _" would be "_ _ _ Z _".

16. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Exactly :)

17. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

hmmm..I doubt it...I think that's overthink. I truly think the format of the clues is stable, as it was in the alpha client. I don't think there is any evidence we should substitute letters for the hyphen. If a substitute letter were likely, I think it would be indicated by a _ and not a -

18. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

The package took something of a beating on the way here - I suspect the USPS didn't realize that "FRAGILE" is the Canadian word for "FRAGILE" (or else it was detained and brutally interrogated at the border) - but it did arrive, and did contain pieces of paper:
    upload_2015-3-20_0-0-8.png
    This one was folded up & taped to the underside of the size tag at the neck
    John Henry Godfrey 1888-1970... is "-1970" too obvious?

DSCN0052-640-480.jpg
    "research assistants. They have all quickly become welcome addition to the"
    (I added it to the doc, but didn't immediately spot anywhere that it fit)

-Bats

9 people like this.
  19. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Huh, interesting pattern:
    - _ _ _ _
    _ _ - _ _
    _ _ _ - _

And keep in mind, 5 Agents in total will get a Hangman note - so Zerosh's theory may be correct, and we're looking at identifying our individual letters.

(Note: Anything beyond this point is brain-farts and thus nothing but me taking the idea way too far than would make sense - mainly because I haven't slept yet and it's now 5:40 A.M. - read on at own risk.)

So if we go by that for the moment being, and use the information so far that seems apt for the purpose, we have:

Bljkr: Tetris
    Bats: M (inspiration for the bond character)
    Santiak: Zero

Or:

M _ T Z _

Although at first glance, it would seem odd we're being guided to religious bread, but then again, it does carry with it some symbolic meaning, in the form of it's religious significance (offering for salvation).
    So, since I'm already dangling out here on this farfetched cliff of mine, grasping at straws, I might as well continue and proffer; perhaps we're the bread that'll be sacrificed at some point?

(Somebody mind throwing my tinfoil hat down over the edge to me?)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    3 people like this.
  20. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

If your theory is correct and only main pledge jackets come with a card, then we should not expect any more, as kickstarter cites only 3 pledges in the campaign at that level.