Zekh's Sandbox

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by Zekh, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Chaoseed

Chaoseed Special Agent

You're almost there! Be sure you know what the question is asking for.
    "Find the supernatural origin of the incidents." Read the report. It wasn't just "general vampire stuff" that this person got. Just try out different words for the thing that was "given" to this person.
    ...Now, if you can get to the fourth puzzle, maybe you can help me.

2. Sanner

Sanner Active Agent

Thanks, you helped me. That was too obvious lol.
    Still stuck with phenomena
    DONE -.-
    question is so missleading
    it's not a phenomena dat's a ritual

Mod: Do you see a ritual ? Anywhere at all in the report ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  3. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

if someone has an idea how to tackle the bloodsucking guards, im all ears...
    im out of ideas on what it could be

4. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

if someone has an idea how to tackle the bloodsucking guards, im all ears...
    im out of ideas on what it could be, espescially since i already tried all viable possibilities

5. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

They are not vampires, so ditch the crossbows. [/spoilers]

6. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

I said "bloodsucking", because that was how they were described
    And with 'viable possibilities' im reffering to having 'brute forced' almost every weapon + other equipment... (i got pretty desparate/frustrated at one point)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  7. Sanner

Sanner Active Agent

same problem now. Sent all of google maps spots, crossroads, houses near pedestrian roads and lots of parking cars and no-houses zones. Still nothing

8. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Don't forget to copy/paste your gear IDs from the pdf, something is broken within the encryption and somehow this is the way to make it work

You just have to name a landmark near the clinic's circuit.

9. Chaoseed

Chaoseed Special Agent

All right, I DID finally solve it.

The landmark in question didn't seem to be too near the path. Then again, never having been to South Africa (or...anywhere outside North America, but anyway), all I had to go on was Google Maps. I don't know how easy it is to see the marked-out path from the landmark in question...but on the other hand, once I had "name a landmark near the clinic's circuit", it didn't take me long at all.

Of course...the other thing about that puzzle...

It doesn't actually ASK you for anything in the final code entry. All you do is say "Oh, there's this thing that was mentioned, maybe I should type it in". Personally, I think you should change it to give some guidance...just something like "Send this information in the email, and see if the agent you're contacting has any new leads". Just so it doesn't feel out-of-the-blue. That's just my opinion, though, I suppose.

By the way...This woman I knew once registered a domain name that was mentioned in an ARG, that the creators hadn't registered themselves. Then she "held it hostage" until they completed various tasks for her. I would never do that, of course, but I worry that someone might...

10. Sanner

Sanner Active Agent

Found that point... Oh really... It is not on the path and there is no sense to ambush. It is a VIEW POINT, not an ambush place...
    And still site on green page isn't working.

UPD
    Oh common ambush and identify the target. And you have his face on facebook page. And when I tried everything to find him I got that you want just the name of the company...
    disappointed.

LOL'D UPDATE
    [email protected] - isn't your e-mail? :D
    And facebook page.
    I sent a few e-mails on it and guys RESPONDS me :D

Letter 1:
    Me: yo
    He: What you want to say?
    I am not getting :(

Letter 2:
    Me: HAPPY RAKSHABANDHAN
    He: Thanks n same to you

Still laughing about my "investigation mad skillz"

UPD about last mission PRETTY HUGE SPOILER
    protection
    weapon protection
    weapon weapon

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  11. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

The target doesn't forcibly mean a person, the guy you're tracking is just a courier, why would do want to find him, it's recon work, not assassination/interrogation.

A view point can be an ambush place, since you got a high ground to spot who you seek.

And the logo is there to prevent you to look into homonyms, please be careful when you sent emails to people outside the game.

2 people like this.
  12. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

I just can't get that second word! Can you give me a hint :)

13. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

If i recall;
    its a christian thingie; and the thing is way less complicated than what the puzzle suggests

14. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

Oh my! I've just spent the last two hours racking my brains and still can't get it. Whats wrong with me!!!!

15. Chaoseed

Chaoseed Special Agent

Let's see...here's a simple hint...

So, you're looking for a "phenomenon". In other words, you're looking for a noun. However, it might be useful to find a verb and then turn it into a noun. Like, if the entity was being "destroyed", you could say "destruction". Except it's not just destroyed, we're looking for something very specific. Anyway, try different verbs and see what you come up with.

And continuing from that, here's a more specific hint...

It seems like the entity was driven out by holy power. You could try searching for some synonyms of "drive out". Really, just do a web search for "synonyms of drive out". And remember to make it a noun. ;)

16. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

This is ridiculous

I've gone through each drive out synonym and nothing makes sense. I want it to be the e word but you can't shorten it enough to work. Is Vampire the first one or is it being spelt dhampyr?

I dont deserve to call myself an agent :-(

17. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

Let's see it this way:
    what do you want to do with a demon or a spirit?
    it is an entity that is not from here.
    You do not want it around, so you want to....

18. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

Do I have the first word right ...

with the first letter V not D

The second is so on the tip of my tongue, I know what I want it to be like expel or exorcise but nothing fits with 5 letters

19. Chaoseed

Chaoseed Special Agent

Oh...OH! Well. I have to apologize...that was a hint for a different puzzle! (See, you replied to a post that was talking about a different puzzle...) Sorry about that. >.>

But if you're thinking about that first puzzle, well...

The first word DOES start with a V!

And then I'll reiterate the hint I gave earlier in the thread...

You're almost there! Be sure you know what the question is asking for.

"Find the supernatural origin of the incidents." Read the report. It wasn't just "general vampire stuff" that this person got. Just try out different words for the thing that was "given" to this person. The word is actually used in the first report!

20. Adriana

Adriana Active Agent

LOL oh brilliant that means I am not going mad then. Sorry I've only posted a couple of times and didn't realise that I had replied in the wrong place.

Ok I will erase your spoilers from my head and start again with the new ones given.

Such a relief. I have a huge smile :)