Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blade

Blade Active Agent

Hello!
    I'm pretty new to ARG's, though I've always found the concept fascinating and always wanted to participate in one. I do like puzzles (though I might not always be too good at them). I did play TSW for awhile, and found the setting of that game to be really awesome. Right now I'm just a little lost. I saw the kickstarter arg thing, though not entirely certain where to go from there.

7 people like this.
  2. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

Welcome! We're very active on IRC, and you can join us here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/division66

We're currently just waiting for more updates from the team. (As far as I'm aware)

Enjoy your stay in TBW's luxurious asylum.

3. Link

Link Active Agent

Hello. I've never really done an ARG before, but I'm super excited to get into it. I've already been on here and the TBW site for a few hours, pouring through all the information. I can't wait for things to kick off.

8 people like this.
  4. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Welcome ....
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  5. riningear

riningear Division-79

I'm just gonna BUMP this up since we have new agents to assimila-- UM. WELCOME INTO OUR COMMUNITY.

no screw it I definitely meant assimilate COME TO US JOIN US IN THE IRC

11 people like this.
  6. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Don't look Santiak in the eyes and beware of our animatronics, they're behaving weirdly sometimes

7 people like this.
  7. Anathema

Anathema Active Agent

Hello everyone, Anathema here. My friend and I stumbled onto this ARG At PAX east this year. I used to play Ingress and thoroughly enjoyed the ARGish puzzle aspects of the Secret World. When I saw the puzzles at the booth and basically started pouring my attention into them, I knew I was going to have a great time. I am super excited, but a little overwhelmed at the sheer amount of catching up I have to do @[email protected] It's good to meet you all!
    -Anathema

15 people like this.
  8. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Welcome aboard! And don't worry, you'll catch up in no time ;)

9. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Welcome aboard!
    I've been here all along and I still play catch-up :)

3 people like this.
  10. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Extending the welcome to all the agents who discovered the Watchmen at PAX! We do more chatting in the IRC, so click the "Live Chat" button in the corner and come say hi/ask questions/engage in dark rituals with us!

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

Note: this does not work in all forum themes! If the theme you are using does not bring you to an external web page, use this link here.

2 people like this.
  12. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

I was wondering why I still had Chatango in the bottom right lol

13. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

@Vismal Good call, I forgot to change it in the other theme! =)

4 people like this.
  14. fairiefire

fairiefire Active Agent

I played Majestic and fell in love with the ARG. I used to get excited when I'd come home from work and the message light would be blinking on my answering machine. I'd hurry through my night and settle in to play for hours, looking up conspiracy theories and trying to figure out what was "real" and what was part of the game. The game wasn't popular enough to continue and they killed it, which bummed me out - and gave me back a lot of free time.

I've played no other ARGs until this one, but I love TSW and the stories and myths woven in, so I'm excited to have backed this project and am ready to play.

One thing I don't have anymore is a lot of free time, so I hope this allows me to pick it up and put it down, and not have to keep up with a certain player pace. It's also been a long time since I played an ARG and I hope the difficulty ramps up slowly so I can get used to the process again.

6 people like this.
  15. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Welcome! I think the new user interface will allow you to "put it down and pick it up" more than other arg's which are very time based.

2 people like this.
  16. Leila

Leila Active Agent

Hi, I'm Leila. This is my first ARG. I'm excited!
    I heard about ARGs from a friend who played Majestic, and have since always been interested in dipping my toe into the ARG world.
    When I randomly did a search for ARGs, yesterday, I stumbled across The Black Watchmen, read about it, and signed up.
    Here I am!
    Weeeeeeee!!!!!...... :)

13 people like this.
  17. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

You'll want to replace "Excited" with "Paranoid". Also welcome!

6 people like this.
  18. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Welcome to the agency @Leila!

2 people like this.
  19. Branwen

Branwen Senior Agent

Am floored that there are others who did Majestic, which was my first, and sadly last. Until now. Learning curve has never been so much fun. I love that this game truly embraces all our gifts, not just gamer. And that all are so into being here, and welcoming to all, that the open arms beckon like long lost family. And the warnings to watch my back, be paranoid and to avoid abduction...well, it does sound like the advice of my Uncle Petraus. And yes, he was a Watchman, so it makes sense now.

6 people like this.
  20. Lucretat

Lucretat Active Agent

Hi guys, I'm Lucretat!

This is my first ARG, but I'm so excited about it all. I've been playing TSW for some time now and got really attached to the code-breakingy researchy stuff thats going on in there. But now I wanted something more. That's when I found out about TBW.
    As you can guess, I'm more into the research part of the game, but as a (kind of) former Geocaching player I'd also like to play outside! I'm from Prague, Czech Republic - so if something comes up around the Wenceslas Square, who you gonna call? That's right!

I've already participated in one live mission this weekend (Operation JADELION) and I made my friends to help me deciphering in a pub :) We didn't crack the whole code, but we got the right direction... Looking forward to the next time!

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.