Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bljkr

bljkr Gold Member

I'm bljkr or blujoker or sceadu. I lurk, pretty much that's it. Sometimes offer suggestions and/or comments. Particpated/lurked on the TSW ARGs, and missed the TBW altogether due to timing and life commitments.

2. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Guest

After years of wandering, we have finally our own home. *he said with a smile hidden by a heavy smoke coming out from his cigarette*

4 people like this.
  3. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

Hello! I'm Ugly, both in TSW and here (and everywhere :D).

I joined towards the end of the pre-release ARGs, and they were a big part of why I decided to break down and play my first long term MMO. No regrets there! I've lurked along through all of the HE ARGs since, loving every one of them and attempting to contribute when I could.

Playing these ARGs made me realize that the hacking challenges I used to play way back when were ARGs as well. Anyone here play through Mod-X (http://www.mod-x.co.uk/) or the Cyberarmy challenges? Or any of the many other ones I've forgotten!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  4. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Hello,
    I am Asariel...I mispelled my dang name on sign up but am hoping the angry turkey will help me fix it. He and I both spent hours watching paper, freaking out whenever it even moved slightly...the Slaughterhouse ARG was my first, and I am here now because I loved it, love TSW, and the turkey sent me a link. :p

2 people like this.
  5. Mandraw

Mandraw Senior Agent

I think renaming matters is more of an admin work tough

Also welcome everyone !

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

I have finally arrived. :p

My name is TheChosenOne. I have been participating in TSW ARG's since 2010 and I have also tried to host several of my own. In-game I am usually found in #Sanctuary, which is a chat that helps new players.

7. Shezbeth

Shezbeth Senior Agent

Hi,
    Finally reporting in.

I'm Shezbeth, affiliated with some blue ones in the near future as a on-the-field consultant, but still only working as a security and cleaning consultant of the "Chambers Paper Fibres Corporation" for now.
    While working on an international level, I'm more focused on business programs taking place on the french territory, with some useful contacts there if needed.

While discovering ARGs through TSW pre-launch ARGs, a few years ago (before 2009 I think), I was only able to start playing them at the end of The Gate events.
    Since then, while playing TSW casually, I involved myself in EndOfDays's channel #33 intel gathering, the Twitterverse experiment and #Division66 operations.

Nb: Always available as a translation backup for french operatives who need help understanding BlackWatchmen's communications/reports.
    Nb2: Toujours dispo pour aider des francophones intéressés par les ARGs et voulant de l'aide pour comprendre les messages et rapports des "BlackWatchmen" (de préférence via forum, version francophone ou internationale).

3 people like this.
  8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Hey Shez. ;)

9. MochiInvasion

MochiInvasion Senior Agent

Hella delayed response. I'm MochiInvasion, generally known as Mochi. I'm probably one of the newest ARG players here, as I started getting into them at the end of 2013. I've been lurking on quite a few, but TBW is the first one I've taken an active role in (primarily, it has to be said, by knowing a fair amount about London/Earl's Court). Being almost as shy online as in real life, I tend to lurk and keep silent when stuff gets going, but I'll help where I can.

10. Elil

Elil New Agent

Hi all, I'm Ellie (or Elil in game in TSW) - I pledged to TBW on the MMORPG site but only just found my way here :(
    I've participated in all the TSW ARGs since the Slaughterhouse (which I followed, and had a poke at, but didn't really know what was going on at the time... o.o)

11. Ruke Unlimited

Ruke Unlimited Senior Agent

Even More delayed response than Mochi. This will be my first ARG, and I helped confuse people with all my wrong guesses during the whole Rosenberg thing. I'm not real big on talking about myself in a static manner, so I wont really try to. You may have encountered me at any time as Ruke or Ruke Unlimited and occasionally (though ever more rarely) as Verant or Keith, The Eithiopian. I'm usually in chat, so feel free to ping me and say hi. I don't bite, usually.

5 words to describe myself.

1. Thinker
    2. Creator
    3. Strategist
    4. Morally Ambiguous
    5. Megalomaniac

As a side note: Shezbeth, great minds think alike?

12. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

MoPono, here and the TSW red team. I only just discovered ARGS as result of the invite email sent to TSW casual (f2p) players for the previous crowdfunding.
    I'm excited about the potential for BlackWatchmen and am an enthusiastic learner.

13. Nighean

Nighean Active Agent

Hi everyone, I'm Nighean (which is the name of my main character on TSW), but I can also be found around the internet by the nickname Lomelinde.
    I am as many here relatively new to ARGs, the first ones I experienced were the pre-launch ARGs for The Secret World.
    I have a very busy life so I won't be as active as I'd like, but I'll try my best to make myself useful ! I have no programming or hacking skills whatsoever, but I may be more useful for real world knowledge (historical or scientific mostly).

2 people like this.
  14. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

Morning all. Ciaran here.
    I've been around since the wall of paper and lolly-pop girl (A4!) and I've got the jacket to prove it :p
    When I'm not lurking around the forums I'm often in TSW on my main Kle (Templar) and more recently Simples (Illuminati). I'm also often in the #Sanctuary channel talking randomness and offering advice.

2 people like this.
  15. Andrin

Andrin Active Agent

Hello everyone! I'm Andrin.
    I've been around since the TSW pre-launch ARG (I'll never forget how everyone spent hours looking through graves and fake serial numbers on dollar bills when they were practically shouting "Eye of Providence" in our faces. It was so obvious in hindsight).
    Unfortunately however, I was of the mind back then that if I didn't have anything constructive to contribute with I shuldn't speak at all, which meant that I never became a part of the ARG community (and is probably why I missed the Division 66 ARG T_T).
    Hopefully that'll change from now on as I've really enjoyed both the Gate and the End of Days and you lot seem like a fantastic group.
    I'm still semi-active on TSW and enjoy the game a lot (Valtiel ingame), but can't play much anymore because of studies and being in a different time-zone than my cabal.
    My skills with computers are just enough to install and play games and not much else, but I know a lot of random trivia and am good at seeing patterns and puzzle-solving so I'll hopefully be of some use in the missions to come.

6 people like this.
  16. FirstArchetype

FirstArchetype Active Agent

Hello, all. I am FirstArchetype.
    I'm less than 24 hours into the community and have found you guys not only excited about what is occurring, but enthusiastic to get others involved.
    I have never participated in an ARG before, but I am a quick learn and I am very good at finding information quickly. I am fairly young for what I would assume the audience and I'm only limited by finances (and for one more year, education) at this point. But I look forward to getting involved as much as possible. I am fairly proficient with computers, what I don't know I learn, and I am always aware. Hope to see some of you some day (even if you don't see me).

3 people like this.
  17. Richtor

Richtor Active Agent

Hello everyone, I'm Richtor.

I've got hooked on ARG's back when Disney did one for the latest Tron film (Flynn Lives). Been hooked ever since. I missed the first ARG for TSW, but got on for the rest. I enjoy the mysteries, puzzles, and the community. ARG communities are (in my humble opinion) the most inclusive and friendly around.

I have a tendency to think way outside the box to the point of chasing my own tail, but I can Google-fu quite well.

I know quite a few on here from #div66 and the pre-launch ARG's and it's good to see all the newer players.

2 people like this.
  18. WordsforWings

WordsforWings Active Agent

Hi there, this is WordsforWings. In TSW, my in-game is "Hestian".

ARGs for me began with They Are Coming Back, a TSW pre-launch. I was a high school student at the time. I completed it, loved it, but unfortunately somewhere down the line I've cycled through computer after computer, leaving whatever secret redemption code for a gold star in-game lost forever.

I never had a chance to pick up TSW for myself until about 5 years later. Around three months ago, I did a server transfer to Arcadia from Daemon, and am delighted for the...'creative renaissance' I am experiencing, engaging in RP with others. No kidding, I was cripplingly shy among MMOs for ages. It verifies why I was drawn to the concept development of TSW when I was still a teenager, and now I regret not purchasing TSW for myself when it -did- finally come out.

I am excited and ambitious to remain involved with The Black Watchmen, and look forward to hearing more soon. (My only suggestion for Kickstarter things...my university does NOT use .edu addresses for students or faculty. If you do include a student deal, hopefully I would be able to have one, though my academic institution lacks that e-mail address requirement.)

2 people like this.
  19. Forgues

Forgues Administrator Staff Member

Hi! Agent name: Forgues, which is also my real name. I'm working for Human Equation for almost 5 years now. I started as a flash programmer/animator, evolved as a frontend developper than finally as the lead programmer.

I didn't have the chance to work on Gate 33 even if I followed the campaign with great interest (it was my first ARG). But I've been involved in pretty much everything since The End of Days: programming, design and video animation.

Working with Anashel is sometimes a big headache, just to be able to follow his twisted mind! But it's so inspiring and I'm proud to be a part of all this.

20 people like this.
  20. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Yeah, tell me about it! Wait what?

13 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.