Welcome Thread 2016!

Discussion in 'Welcome Recruits' started by riningear, Jun 27, 2015.

1. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Of course you're welcome! We have a lot of players who don't natively speak English, so don't worry about that. :)

2. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

The more diverse the languages we speak, the better. Welcome to the party! Hope you enjoy your time in the agency :D

3. mrbanks

mrbanks Senior Agent

Hello Comrades,
    I am MrBanks (Agent), I am from the UK, I have any interests which include music, gaming, quizzes, puzzle and all sorts of stage and wonderful things. As you have probably guessed i speak fluent English although I have an intrests in learning German and have taken the first basic steps into that.

If you wish to add me feel free.
    If you would like to know more about me ask me politely and I may or may not answer depending on the information wanted.
    Happy to be apart of the community hoping to give some input and learn from everyone.

4 people like this.
  4. DocBlargle

DocBlargle Active Agent

Hello friends!
    I am agent DocBlargle. I live in Washington DC, and am studying politics and economics with the intent of getting into law school. I found this fun time place while reading about ARGs on the interwebs, and am very interested in catching up for some live events in season 3. See you all around, or on the IRC!

14 people like this.
  5. YugiDMega

YugiDMega Active Agent

Hello, I'm Agent YugiDMega, call me Yugi. I think I'm one of the few playing this game in my area, not all that interesting past that point.

10 people like this.
  6. Fragger

Fragger Active Agent

This Agent Fragger reporting for duty. NANANANANANNANANANNANAn Fagerrrrr

10 people like this.
  7. LadySavvy

LadySavvy Active Agent

Hello all, Just finished downloading the game after trying and getting sucked into the demo last night. Can't wait to dive into some missions. About me, I live in the Southern US and have always loved puzzles and mysteries so when I ran across this I jumped at it. I am an IT geek job-wise and have many varied hobbies and interests including but not limited to photography, lapidary, refinishing old furniture and anything else of interest that catches my eye at any given moment.

12 people like this.
  8. Boogaloobob

Boogaloobob Active Agent

Hi everyone here. I'm agent Burzo. Am at a loss on how to approach this game but I'm intrigued and will keep trying once in a while. I have my base in Amsterdam.

14 people like this.
  9. WrathOfAthens

WrathOfAthens Active Agent

Hello!

I am Agent WrathOfAthens, or just Athens. I joined the Agency a few days back and I'm still figuring out how things work, reading my files and what not. Feel free to add me. I'd love the help.
    I have taken Computer Science, Macroeconomics, and Independent Studies courses. I am a military buff and I am in AJROTC, I enjoy the heck out of video games, and I am studying Java.

12 people like this.
  10. Chuky

Chuky Active Agent

Hello my name is Carter but as an Agent I am known as Agent Chuky. New and excited to be here.

8 people like this.
  11. erindalc

erindalc Active Agent

Hello!
    I'm erindalc, or Agent Erin. New, excited for the future.
    As a quick question, is Tapatalk enabled for this forum? I know the forum software should support it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
    5 people like this.
  12. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

If you do not get any message about Tapatalk when coming to site, then no, it's not enabled.

2 people like this.
  13. Firebottle

Firebottle Active Agent

Hello!

Just started recently and am currently about 3/4ths of the way through season one. I've been enjoying every bit of it so far. This is an amazingly unique game that really touches on the ARG feeling that I love so much.

I'm also a partnered streamer over at beam.pro/firebottle and have been streaming my progress. As part of that I'm working to recruit many new agents to join the Watchmen.

Looking forward to diving into some mysteries with you all.

13 people like this.
  14. kharas

kharas Active Agent

Greetings fellow Agents!

My name is Panos (Agent Kharas) and I travel on this amazing planet for nigh 45 years now. I hail from the mythical land of Greece but living at the moment in the mystical realm of Britannia (or England as the youngsters now call it ;) )

I love reading books and my library contains such authors as Poe, Lovecraft, Moorcock, Clark, Asimov, Banks, Barker, King and some more obscure ones, and of course lots of research books that deal with mysteries of our world, the occult and the paranormal.

I am also a long-time gamer and avid fan of RPG's and Adventure games (I still recall the riddles from games like "Elder Scrolls : Arena" and "Betrayal at Krondor" when the terms "Internet" and "spoilers" had not been invented yet and one had simply to rely on one's wits to find the answer :eek: )

I am always looking for the next game that will provide entertainment and challenge. Hence, I cannot adequately describe the level of giddiness and excitement I felt when I found the Black Watchmen and tried it. Of course , I've only gotten a glimpse of how deep the rabbit hole goes but I can't wait to find out more.

A pleasure to meet you all, can't wait to adventure together and explore the unknown.

9 people like this.
  15. GhostAgent0001

GhostAgent0001 Active Agent

Hello,

I am Ghost. Glad to be a new part of the team. Looking forward to diving in and analyzing some data.

7 people like this.
  16. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Welcome, new agents! Feel free to stop by the IRC (there's a link in my signature) and introduce yourselves there as well. We use the IRC to organize during live events, and it's also a great way to get help when you're stuck on a mission. :)

2 people like this.
  17. AdderTude

AdderTude Active Agent

AdderTude here. Just bought the full client on sale from Steam (previously created my account w/ the demo) but I'm having trouble logging in.

EDIT: After several guesses, I finally had something stupid happen: remembering my agent name. I formally greet you all as Agent Serpentine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
    7 people like this.
  18. Cardinal

Cardinal Active Agent

Hey guys, Agent Cardinal here. So glad Cardinal wasn't already taken, you have no idea! Like Agent Serpentine AKA AdderTude above me, I too bought the game through the Steam sale and have been having a blast so far. I'm really into history, and religious history in particular (hey my agent handle makes sense now!) but I'm down to learn about anything and everything under the sun.

My history with video games goes back to ye olde Doom, and I've been avidly playing all sorts of games ever since. Settled on grand strategies like Crusader Kings II and turn-based tactical shenans, like XCOM and Jagged Alliance.

Currently reading Infinite Jest and damn, is that title accurate - in the time I've been reading it I've grown a full beard. And I'm a lady!

Anyway, keen to get stuck in to the community and solve some mysteries. Now all we need is a van, a dog, and a fetching ascot.

5 people like this.
  19. Memento

Memento Active Agent

Hello everyone,
    Agent 5udh33r, just starting the training exercises. Memento Mori is the alias I usually use but The Black Watchmen felt special, so I decided to use a new one. Anyway, I'm a Physics Major from India.

Thank you for having me. (Do we have a standard greeting? Along the lines of "May the force be with you" and "Safety and peace, Altair"?)

6 people like this.
  20. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Nothing official, we're a lilltle more anarchic than that. Some cells have gotten into having some standards, and in irc early on we adopted the chat "salute" , o7, that is popular among EVE Online types, but even that isn't a regular thing. Good to have you aboard!

~Tyryt~

5 people like this.