Support Thread For Community Beta

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Anashel, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

"Enter the code" is very singular. Perhaps "Enter a code" or "Find an answer" would be more indicative for M3P2?

4 people like this.
  2. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

I was testing various answers for M3P2 to make sure I wasn't confused about them, and found that if I clicked "Replay this mission" immediately after completing the mission (Hit skip debriefing, clicked "Replay this mission", it made my screen look like this. (See images.))

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jody

jody New Agent

I have trouble finding the right from for the ICOE contact :/ the answer is obvious but nothing works so far
    Edit : Found it, sweeeeet *o*

please share. i've been over and over this #[email protected]^&*! thing, and there is clearly something i'm missing

4. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

The mission doesn't ask you to identify the contact, it asks you to contact the person in question. Once you do, you'll get the code to input.

5. jody

jody New Agent

ah. i had limited my scope of thinking too much. i'm an idiot, thanks.

6. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

upload_2015-3-26_14-9-33.png

Congratulations, you're wrong!

-Bats

7 people like this.
  7. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Attached Files:

8. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

A couple of things:
    Is there a way to time out Call for Help Missions on the map? I keep joining groups to help and no one seems to be there.
    Second request: is there a way to let us pick the music that plays? Not that I don't like the selections, but it would be nice if I could choose what played, as I am having Dies Irae flashbacks after listening to the same song 100 times in a row.

9. Mustafa Said

Mustafa Said Senior Agent

My problem when attempting to launch the beta client is that I get a message saying "The game crashed. The crash report named 2015-03-26_191230 next to game executable it would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!"

So....yeah, can't launch the client. Anyone able to help?

10. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

I'll ask Forgues to look into it. Could you delete all the files and re-download the app to see? Did past client worked on your computer?

11. Mustafa Said

Past versions of the client didn't work either, I ran into the same problem. Uploading files asap.

12. Mustafa Said

So due to my computer being weird, I couldn't upload one piece of the crash report, entitled: crash.dmp
    the rest is here.

Attached Files:

13. Karades

Karades Senior Agent

When i look at small photos that are unmoveable i can move it maybe 1-2 pixels. It's not so big bug, but still i can feel it :/

@Edit here is gif
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. MERCury

MERCury Senior Agent

Is "Enter the code" wanted in the M3P2 code box? It is rather disturbing not to have the usual Xs that give you an idea about the answer. If this is wanted I lack some clues there ;)

OK, i found the solution but it is rather trial and error than following clues... XXXX XXXXX would be better in this case than "Enter the code"

15. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Haven't tried it yet but I think this is testing multiple option answers. Will check when I get the chance but possibly any of the items would work

2 people like this.
  16. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

When you see this, it mean more then one answer is valid.

3 people like this.
  17. Bats

It sounds like at least part of that is a problem that existed in the alpha, too. It seemed that every time the client queried the server for an update (every 30 seconds, if I remember correctly) it would redraw the chat window with it scrolled all the way to the bottom. I haven't had a chance to play with chat in the beta yet, though, so I can't confirm whether it's exactly the same issue, but it made it extremely difficult to scroll back during a long or busy chat.

-Bats

18. Bats

I've got issues with that labeling too - although not limited to that mission.

Most mission solutions aren't "codes" in any generally understood sense, making "Enter the code" not only annoying to the pedantic (i.e. me), but also confusing or frustrating to new players. This is especially problematic in cases like the first mission, which has elements that could be considered codes, but requires an answer that isn't one of them.

the case reference numbers

-Bats

19. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

When I click on interactables on the map (i.e. CFH) the box blinks a few times, and on occasion, it fails to appear.

2 people like this.
  20. MochiInvasion

MochiInvasion Senior Agent

Would it be possible to have a volume setting? I have my computer volume at 100% and I'm struggling to hear Mr. Debrief

[ETA: not sure if the debrief/reward videos are meant to hang, but they have done so repeatedly]