Server Error

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by gunner, May 24, 2017.

1. gunner

gunner New Agent

Hey guys. I am new here, and im having some problems entering the game.
    As soon as i start the game, the message "Server error, our servers are currently down (...)" shows up.
    I've already discovered that the servers are ok, so, i guess it is a configuration problem in my pc.
    Does someone know how to fix it?

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Gunner!

This mean the client can't reach the server. A firewall or security protocol prevent the unity client to access the main server database. Are you on mac? PC? Any antivirus?

3. gunner

gunner New Agent

I'm on PC, already turned off the firewall and antivirus as well..
    The problem still goes on

4. Agent Mefinek

Agent Mefinek New Agent

same problem here

5. Anashel

Anyone still have this issues?

6. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

It says here that all services are up. Try confirming that you have all the steam files up-to-date and check from AV logs if it's blocking some address/ip which causes that issue.
    Or try with a different network if you can.

7. CmdrWinters

CmdrWinters New Agent

This is happening to me too.

8. Suojus

Suojus New Agent

I just bought the game on Steam and I'm getting this error as well. Already tried disabling firewall and restarting my PC. Any help would be much appreciated.

9. JantsoP

It has been concluded that some ISP's might be blocking connections to AWS. Please try using VPN (Freedome, Hide My Ass, Tunnelbear what have you) and try login for the game again.

10. Suojus

Suojus New Agent

Using VPN worked, thank you for the help, JantsoP!

However, I would not like to use VPN as a permanent solution so is there anything more specific I could tell my ISP when I contact them about the problem?

11. JantsoP

It's whole Finland IP range which has been blocked from TBW servers. There is nothing you can do nor contact about the issue. Only dev team can fix this.

12. Anashel

Hi there,

Quick update, we got indeed multiple attacks from Finland and the country keeps getting block by Cloudflare. I'll try to change the 'I am under attack' configuration to see if we can fix it while still protecting us against theses attacks.