Season 2 Info Pieces

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Nov 27, 2015.

1. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

I found some info in mission 29 that may be of use? doesn't seem to fit with that mission directly
    when receiving the door code clues you get CODENAME Ramesy, this is a soviet spy from WW2, then in door code three you get given Lubyanka which is a famous landmark in Russia

2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I'll update this thread very shortly!

5 people like this.
  3. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

Found in mission 27.3(fairly easy)
    Look at the image closely
    At the top left,you know what to do
    ushas

5 people like this.
  4. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Possible lead on 30
    in 30.1 when dealing with the curse, under the rose, were the word Victoria is supposed to be, the toria is missing... idk?

5. BPotatoes

BPotatoes Senior Agent

PapaD:
    Those are both clues toward the ciphers that those doors use.

2 people like this.
  6. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Lol, well I found them with out a link to the clues I found, ah well

7. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Let me just say, @Anashel, @Jarobi and @crux, these last three puzzle pieces are insanely hard. Driving many of us nuts... Good Job! As far as I know no one has cracked a single one at this point.

3 people like this.
  8. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Well given the theme from earlier
    the name of the map maker is also a crater on the moon

9. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Yes, we know... Lots of other leads on all 3 pieces as well. However-no one has got a single successful entry that I know of.

10. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

given the theme from earlier, id think we should look at another place.
    the other pieces revoled around other planets and not their specific moon, the only two actual planets left, are mars and the earth... making mars a very likely candidate

in mission 28 i could change some things to get the word 'matrae' (which could be a red herring)
    i got this by using the four square cipher with keywords 'lock' and 'stock' and the word 'horras' for the decryption...
    mission 29 gave me a file on our gps tracker, from 28; it only gave me some error codes and times, not actual coordinates though...
    i got this by using the stinger confirmation code in the archives
    in mission 30 im wondering about some codeword used for information
    you have to use crown to get intel from wheeler... why not something more relevant like 'theta' or 'theta core' or anything more sigil related than a fancy headpiece

okay; the pieces are found
    the actual logic for 28 and 30 is still missing, but for 29
    the error codes from the barb-34 , must be converted to hex, and can then be looked up in a utf-8 table.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

Out of curiosity, but did anyone manage to get some weird reply from the omicron unit or wheeler in missions 28 or 30?
    I got the feeling were missing some clues on the pieces...

12. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

I did ask a similar question in irc, think someone did, but I didn't get the format right so got nothing replies

13. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

I think you might be remembering our conversation?... Zaelong has those documents. What I said was, they can't be tricked into giving out extra information if, "they only know what they know".

2 people like this.
  14. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

Regarding S2M2 has anyone noticed
    that the numbering in the doc is missing sections 611, 711, 811 and 911?
    I spent a good long time trying to make that work ignoring the real answer right in front of me...

15. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

Also S2M6

whats up with the unusual data and formatting of the area of plume coverage in the last two entries?

Is there more going on or is this just noise?

16. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

S2M8

The audio log has "operation" instead of "operator" for one piece of the log

Can you tell who's working through the info pieces?

Its me!

17. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

Sorry is these posts are spam. I know the infopieces through 18 have been found. Now that ive finished S2 im working through them myself in the hope of catching up and maybe even contributing to finding some of the ones that are still out there.

In doing so, however, I continue to notice things that are "out of place" with the data we are given in each mission that do not seem to tie directly to the info piece for the mission. This could be just noise but from what ive seen of this group, I have a hard time accepting them as accidental or mistakes. If anyone has sorted that this stuff is just insignificant noise please respond and ill stop posting them.

The problem with fun thing about this kind of game is you never know what is significant and what isnt.

2 people like this.
  18. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

3 people like this.
  19. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

Hmm.. okay then. Just out of curiosity, were the rest of these puzzles never solved, or just never put on here?

20. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Never put on. Some because they were bruteforced. Edit- I guess the they have been solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016