Operation ROLLINGVIPER

Discussion in 'Live Events' started by JantsoP, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

What was the bit.ly password?

2. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

We didn't figure it out, acentes bruteforced it. We're through the PDF now too, got to a webpage that looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/pmnM3

3. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

OK, since I can breathe for a second...
    The PDF 'link' was encoded with a vigenere autokey that led to an .onion link to another Rhopagroup page. That page had a blue rose on it, which had the message "THREAT GONE MAINTAIN CURRENT TEST STRATEGY. REQUIRE ADDITIONAL MONITORING AT FALE AND ALL ABSA LOCATIONS." inside of it.

4. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

It seems we're looking at coordinated attacks on the Barclays Africa Group Banks and the King Shaka International Airport. Probably a massive heist.

5. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Why are the Rhopagroup attacking Darknet users working in HVT-locations in Africa? I thought they were just involved in mystical dream brain hoodoo research?

6. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. acentes

acentes Active Agent

After watching us lose an agent in the past I wasn't going to take the chance.

8. Seshemw

Seshemw Active Agent

On the up-side, I saw no tails when we pulled out. Dispatch has a couple of pics of people who might've given us the hairy eyeball. And as I return to my home AOR I've seen no signs of anyone following.
    So perhaps this time no one made us at the drop?

acentes likes this.
  9. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I've created a document for people to use to catch up on what's happened so far, if they're just going to jump in for the event tomorrow.

Link!

10. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

11. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

That's under the Ahnayro ARG page. If you direct it to port 66 (http://rhopagroup.com:66/), it gives something labelled 365-2016. Nobody's found what it means yet.

12. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

356th day of 2016, which is today apparantly

EDIT:sorry i messed up...
    i meant the 356th, NOT the 365th....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  13. Goldwing

Goldwing Active Agent

Wouldn't it be the 30th?

Also, countdown timers = bad. The idea gave me Sombra ARG flashbacks.

14. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

356, not 365. Look at the julian calendar.

15. Bruteforce123

Bruteforce123 Moderator

Just so we have incase it becomes useful in the future and based on the new knowledge from today, me and a few others filled out a google map with the internet cafes marked with any Absa banks marked as well around them, plus the location of the airport. It also has other HVTs from before on a separate layer that can be turned on and off if they come up at all.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1R3rYG6cPbeHewQ8JtmFZQENAGew&ll=-29.78772484257685,30.969378009313914&z=11

Its free to be edited if need be, I just figured a reference would be helpful. This map is based off the work of previous Durban maps so credit goes to previous agents as well.

16. Astro4545

Astro4545 Active Agent

Thanks for this, helped me even though I did/helped with some of it.

17. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

18. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Old email
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Update

Because of your hard work, NITE Team 4 has been able to monitor communication channels used by Black Axe and other groups of interest in the 5 African hot spots. The following message was just intercepted. It was sent from an unknown source to high-ranking members of both Black Axe and Abahlali baseMjondolo:

bojhgdwccgfVg803gQt
    .cf.td.km.dz.ao.bj.zw.bw.bf.mw.ml.bi.cv.cme.cd.ci.dj.eg.et.ga.gn.gw.ke.ls.er.lr.ly.mg.mr.na.ne.ng.rw.st.sn.sc.sl.mu.mz.so.za.ss.gq.sd.sz.tz.tg.tn.ug.zm.gm.gh

Our analysts believe it is an enciphered message sent with an encoded key. We have not been able to uncover the encoding system of the key, but we have identified the cipher as a Vigenere Autokey.

[​IMG] Instructions

All agents must work together to decrypt this message, as its contents likely relate to the upcoming attack on Dec 22 and may be crucial to our preventative efforts.
    New email is now added to OP

19. Techn1k

Techn1k Active Agent

@Bruteforce123 added some cafes, found a few near 'Absa Branch, Qualbert Centre, Shop 2'

20. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

[​IMG]
    almost there