Mission #26

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by crux, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Saani

Saani Active Agent

This is why you guys are currently my favorite game dev team.

3 people like this.
  2. Saani

Saani Active Agent

So I have been sitting on part 3 for a while now and I could use some help (again). I figured out almost instantly that this is a
    High Frequency Trading Program
    . I think because I instantly jumped onto this I cant think of any word that go with the first set of Xs. Im thinking it has to be
    Something Speed Trader
    or something along those lines.

Any nudges are greatly appreciated

3. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

you already have the answer, but you might want to scratch a word

4. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

Still stuck on 26.3.1 the encrypted file.
    Everytime I use Trends, I cannot get anything usefull. So please give me a nudge. The sound file was easy though. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  5. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

Try just searching for the term in the audio file. Not trends, just the term in google itself.

2 people like this.
  6. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

Ik have probably a blank spot for this one.
    Every name, I fill into the password field, seems to be wrong. Again please a nudge.
    Thank You in advance.

7. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

think about what this mission has been about. What is the commonality?
    you've likely been seeing this for a while, if you've been searching the letters in the file
    to be different, to be special, is to be bold
    Rather large spoilers ahead!
    google trends is very interesting, is it not? I wonder what city had 100% interest in 2014? Might it have something to do with the RAYs of THEON?
    rolling over and over And over and over and over

2 people like this.
  8. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

@W01fsban3
    Thank you for all your nudges.
    Let's see, how many i need. :)

9. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

10. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

:(
    I can relay to nudge 1 & 2, nudge 3; I simply cannot compute, nudge 4; Google is strange, i hope i did get the same city as you
    quezon city
    and not sure what this has to do with the mentioned option. Nudge 5 ?!? is related to ?!?
    One of the first things i looked into, with this part of the mission, was in Trends; 100% hits in a City for Red Pandas. This did not helped me. I tried all possible variations. Red Panda, Small Panda etc. Searched for related low income Cities with a zoo and Red Pandas but no cigar. Because of
    the given allround subject of this Mission I have been investigating another "music file" outcome what was, I think, more related to the subject
    Real Time Networking
    then the mentioned one.
    I am with SAANI, that there is room for some rephrasing of the background story.
    Can someone, please, PM me the password for the encrypted file? Thank You.

@W01fsban3; Thank You Anyway.:)

11. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

@Watch2300 If you really need it, I'll give you a few more hints.
    Have you ever read the first edition of The Emboldened Ones? Its a fascinating text, and one of my dearly beloved friends loves it
    What you need to put into google trends is related to this.
    This message is a part of bevo, listed on the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE as BVC
    Hint 5 (or maybe even a spoiler) contains the password outright. It just has a few extra iterations, an extra word, and some spaces.
    its a city in Massachusetts
    Last one... hate to burst your bubble, but pandas don't do anything... Only the RAY of THEON can save you now

12. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

and @zaelong if you're referring to hint 5, I just told the joke to my mother once I figured it out. That was the whole inspiration from that hint.

13. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

Thank You All.
    Time to put Black Watchmen away for a while.

14. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

@Wo1fsBan3
    Got it @ last. Probably, I have been just to tired to figured it out. Nudge 5 superb.
    Answer is no "City" but a "Town". If you were searching from that angle.
    Thank You.:oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  15. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

You're quite welcome, @Watch2300
    I'll be honest, I was stuck on this for a while too

16. GrimPortents

GrimPortents New Agent

Having this same problem myself.

17. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

You should look up the abriviations at the upper row.
    It might make things a bit clearer
    And dont forget the number of letters you need

18. GrimPortents

GrimPortents New Agent

Now I'm even more confused.
    ITA, HTA and PII are all stock symbols, though the companies they represent are barely related. I can't find anything else these abbreviations could stand for and still make sense grouped together, unless SIGIL is dealing in international pharmaceutical trading, which would suggest this is something other than an HFT program. Might just be my background in biomedical sciences talking, though. I'm having a hard time gleaning anything else from the document.
    Another thing I'm unsure about is what exactly the mission prompt is asking for when it says, "find out what program SIGIL is working on." Is it looking for the name of a specific program, or a type of program?

19. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

im not sure if the question asked is: what programm sigil is working on", but rather "what program is sigil using" or something along those lines

20. GrimPortents

GrimPortents New Agent

Finally managed to get it! Thanks for the help.