Mission 14

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Killkeny

Killkeny Active Agent

Hello!
    Someone can provide me with a nudge for the 14.3 missión??
    there is no street view in Caracas, and in Google Maps I don´t see any pub near the ministry of finance... im looking in google but i have found nothing useful...
    Thanks!

2. Maruca

Maruca Active Agent

Some restaurants have bars in them too.

2 people like this.
  3. Killkeny

Killkeny Active Agent

Thanks Maruca, finally I found it!
    With the button of "nearby" in Google Maps i found it

4. Anastas

Anastas New Agent

I'm having some trouble with the last part.

I got the archive code for the locked message. The red and black, the soccer ball, and the word "Apodo" or "nickname" imply to me that the password for the message is the nickname of a soccer team that wears red and black, but I've tried the nicknames for several teams in English, Spanish, and with a variety of capitalizations, and nothing's worked so far. Have I missed a team? Is the recycling symbol the missing link? Should I be looking outside of Venezuela for some reason? Am I at least on the right track?

5. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You are indeed on the right track. Perhaps that isn't red you're seeing there, but another reddish shade... Look at Venezuelan teams and see if anything pops out at you.

6. Anastas

Anastas New Agent

Okay, I got it. Thanks.

7. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Cryptobin link? I just finished mission 14 a few moments ago and I didn't once see any mention of that. Have I missed something?

In a few cases (14.4 and 14.5), I loaded the images into a hex editor and found an archive reference code at the end of each file, which gave me the passworded pdf that Azuro was using to communicate with me. Was I supposed to do it another way? It was so much fun trying to figure out the solution though. The Carvajal one took me ages. :)

Well done on making such an interesting challenge.

8. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Before Cryptobin went down, this mission used Cryptobin instead of an encrypted PDF.

9. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Ah I wasn't aware of that. Interesting.

10. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

2 people like this.
  11. Lankin

Lankin Active Agent

It's not referring to the place - I think in one of the docs in the first part of 14 it says that Angostura is the codename for the Caracas rift event.

12. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Yeah, we know this for sure now thanks to later missions. I must have missed it at the time.

13. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Watching this part to unlock my progression, and appreciating the delicious irony of this :
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

can someone provide me with a nudge towards the password on 14.4? It's driving me insane...

15. Nephaleus

Nephaleus Active Agent

I seem to have run into a problem with part 3 of the mission the bar that you need to use as an answer seems to have closed. I had to look up a video guide since I could not find any bars or resturants in the area and where the bar is supposed to be there is now a pharmacy instead.

16. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master Staff Member

We check the intel in the field, and we have confirmed that the bar is still active. Be sure to check the surrounding area.

2 people like this.
  17. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

After spending a few hours on 14.4, and seeing 14.5, I thought "Now that I did it before, It'll be easy !". Boy was I wrong.
    If someone has hints/nudges/sarcastic hints, I'll gladly listen to it :)
    The colors point me towards either Caracas FC or Portuguesa FC. I've tried the nickname for both, obviously without success. Then read the posts here and tried to see how to use the recyclinc symbol. At first I thought it would require us to re-use a hint/answer from previous mission, but I can't find it. Now I'l completely lost =(

18. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

The symbol is the password for decoding in cryptobin the next message.
    You are right in that the key part is the color of a football team, whose nickname (apodo) is the required key.
    What football team in Venezuela has the nickname of the color in the picture?

ps. Please check if I need to "spoilerize" anything. I tried to be very generic

19. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

Oh, I didn't see it this way, I'll try that tonight then, thanks =)
    Just for information though, we no longer try to decode a cryptobin message, but an encrypted PDF file due to the cryptobin problems =D

20. Firebottle

Firebottle Active Agent

Hints for 14.2
    It's government run.
    Meteorology and water?! What will they think of next.

A hint for a problem I ran into...
    Contact info on the website is spelled wrong. Toss it into google and let it auto correct for the right answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016