Green Level Application

Discussion in 'General' started by Jarobi, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Been wondering, the tests mentioned - while they will be taken post-application submission - will they also be available for all Agents to take, or only those who've applied?

2. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I can't EVER do green level unfortunately as I am disabled. If only...oh well, have double the amount of fun for me k?

3 people like this.
  3. vigatron

vigatron Senior Agent

I've been wondering that too - I'm fully mobile, but I have been walking with a cane since foot surgery at the beginning of the year. It hasn't quite healed 100%, nor does it seem like it's going to anytime soon. Will that make me a bad candidate/exclude me from green level activities? I know the exam mentions physical fitness tests.

4. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

If only they had an option in-between yellow and green, one which allows for SOME IRL stuff (for instance, disabling the virus or the pre-launch event last year in Montreal). I could probably handle that with some minor alterations (something to help with any small writing for instance).

5. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Chartreuse Clearence level? ;)

Joking aside, I'd wager that such events as exposing the virus to the killswitch were closer to Yellow than green, from the perspective of Vigatron.
    Yellow might require you to go to a specific place in your city/area, and either investigate it for anything of note or taking pictures - and this can of course occur Agency wide so that it'll be a possibility regardless of clearence level.

The main difference between the two, I imagine, is that:
    For Yellow, the mission objective is taken/placed close to you
    (close by, non-threatening, can be done relatively quickly (although it may be one step of many)).​
    For Green, you are taken to the mission objective
    (can be anywhere, can be either mentally and/or physically challenging, can take a relatively long time to complete).​

3 people like this.
  6. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Non-threatening Yellow... that's no fun... guess I might have to fill out a Green

2 people like this.
  7. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

I don't think walking with a cane would automatically prevent you from being Green - I mean, Vigatron killed Blue Crush, no problems. Probably not even being disabled would automatically prevent you from being Green. What Green really means is that (part of) a mission may be written specifically around you; it doesn't imply obstacle courses. The designer would be aware of your limitations (through the questionnaire) and design the mission accordingly. After all, the Black Watchmen do employ analysts and other non-field types.

Off the top of my head - you receive a cellphone through the mail; you need to use it to send a specific code via SMS every hour, or the bomb goes off. The codes are stored somewhere in the cellphone memory, as increasingly difficult puzzles. Meanwhile, the community tries to disable the bomb. Involving, and doesn't require the use of legs. I'm sure the folks at A&S could come up with another dozen scenarios.

9 people like this.
  8. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Well said Greenhead. (hey, I'm a poet!) We will be sure to tailor the mission around the Green Level agent. We do not want to exclude anyone for being differently-abled. Having said that, Green Level is more about the unexpected. Once you have been cleared for Green Level, you need to be ready to act (whatever that may entail) at very short notice.

In addition, while I don't want to mention specifics, I can say that there will be other live events similar to Blue Crush which are open to everyone, regardless of clearance level.

11 people like this.
  9. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

I can't wait for the mission tailored around me being placed in a company safehouse instead of having to rent an apartment ;)

Seriously though, I am glad to hear that green is more or less "Here's the mission we expect you to complete" instead of "Here's a mission we expect to be completed, we want you to do it."

10. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Submit application in RolePlay or RealLife? I just downloaded the application and read the procedures - Application is definitely RolePlay. (Well, Jarobi said that at the beginning but who listens to him?) I'm filling it out totally RolePlay. If HQ wants to know about my RL cover identity they can find out easy enough.

I've never made a backstory as complete as this will be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  11. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Agent

How long is the season? I'd love to try Green if it was before my last year of college (yes, 40 year old back in college) begins. If I'm reading right, I could apply to be green and switch at the end of the summer

12. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

A season should be three months, give-or-take. Last I heard, Season One begins this month. I think to be safe you should mention the time constraint during induction so your activity happens before you leave to be educated.

13. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

I think the application should in role play, but any significant real-life constraints (e.g. disabilities, or time constraints) should be shared by your character. As an ARG, significant overlap between RP and RL is expected.

14. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

I can also clarify that this is just the first application process. Further along in the selection of Green Level agents, we will be asking for more logistical questions (location, abilities, time constrains, list of fears, etc.).

2 people like this.
  15. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Agent

Is the application out or do you get it at the end of completed the current missions?

16. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Application is here.

17. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Life too busy at this time to submit for green. Don't get me wrong, if something happens in the area, I'm totally there and will participate in whatever, but things are just really busy for the next bit. the re-instatement of my clearance has led to 'opportunities' that are going to have me too take up this right now. No worries, I'm still here though. Jarobi, if you want me to still submit the app, let me know.

18. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

Sadly I too was also very busy ermm with things... Yes things. A pity as I would have loved to apply for Green Level too. :(

19. vigatron

vigatron Senior Agent

So, with the window now closed when can we expect for the evaluation and selection process to start?

20. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

They're going to spend some time reviewing and redacting information for community review, which is our next step... I don't remember Jarobi saying a timeframe for it though, but I'm sure it'll at least be a few days.

2 people like this.