Day #5

Discussion in 'Early Access' started by Anashel, Jun 2, 2015.

1. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

The only reason I found out about the area of the site needed was because of an e-mail I got after e-mailing customer service, lol.

2. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

None of the MANY emails I got back mentioned placing an order via the automation, and, in fact, in several places, including the automated help, it says to send an email to the orders address.
    Also, while I'm all for obfuscation and obscure clues, orders from HQ should be clear.

2 people like this.
  3. Rohva

Rohva Gold Member

Well, on that point I absolutely agree. It is the predicament of the puppet masters to balance good game challenges with playing their HQ role faithfully. Looking at it that way, I think they could easily modify the communication a bit to more clearly express a situation of panic. HQ could just be communicating to the agent the desperate need for the product. HQ just needs some kind of proof that relief is on the way. We as agents should be resourceful enough to simply order it if that's what it takes, though this need not be explicitly stated.

I hate to get into too much wordsmithing but maybe it could be reworded to "...delivery urgently needed. Verify product is on order by providing a valid confirmation number..." or something to that effect. This could also be combined with a bit of a clue in the reply email about placing new orders. Sound plausible?

4. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Certainly, if the response email just included a "Try our new automated ordering system" that would even have been helpful.

2 people like this.
  5. Eternimus

Eternimus Gold Member

I think the ONLY clue they give you about needing to place the order, is it was called a resupply mission.

Now having said that, it might be because I am from the USA but "confirm order" is something you only do once an order has been placed. I have never once said "I'm gonna confirm my cryptology book order." then went to Amazon and ordered it. If I am confirming something I am making sure I was billed, payment went through, and I'm looking for a tracking number.

2 people like this.
  6. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

The contacts page says "We accept orders by web (using our automated service) and e-mail. "
    Yes, the only place that is explicit. But it is probably sufficient given that the automated thing shouldn't need to reference itself.
    Now, if placing a new order by email gets a gratifying response, Mr Bành Văn Dũng needs some job counselling. Maybe his email should say something that justifies a delay responding to specific questions but that using the automated service would be more immediate.

3 people like this.
  7. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

True, however I think the current system means that the players have to explore more, like in TSW's mission
    where you have to go to the Orochi site and find a particular section.

8. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I'm softening just a little about Confirm Existing vs Order More. I watched the video briefing to test stutter and it states: "Secure the material necessary and send it off".

For me on the slow connection stutter begins at 28 seconds, consistent with yesterday. I think I have the slowest connect as nobody else reports stuttering.

Those poor stuffed critters "sacrificed in the name of science, their pain forgotten..." Ummm, tortured dolls => Whitechapel?

9. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

Heya!

No video stutter.

Part 1, no problem.
    Part 2, very confusing for me. So, I've actually done this exact job - keep a lab stocked by maintaining an inventory and reordering supplies as needed. I agree with a previous statement about "confirm an order" although it does make more sense once you've completed the mission.

The webpage. I know this is part of the puzzle but if you're at all familiar with this type of page, the lack of a cart, a catalog, and giant screaming arrows about where you can place an order is going to throw you off. The giant screaming thing is the email - which is a red herring. But the automated system is a button that, to me, doesn't look like a button, and the text telling you that you need to order through the automated system doesn't given any indicator for where you need to click. And, perhaps, giving those indicators would make things too easy but I have a feeling you'll get some negative feedback for it. Also, the automated response email, while nice, probably needs something to suggest the player take a second look at the webpage rather than wait for business hours the next day.

Achievements - Endurance seems like shooting yourself in the foot :/.

Quibble, the automated ordering system doesn't ask you how many of the item you want.

Also I can't order a service :(

10. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

Well...grml....

Started Steam, update, started game, V.5.0.4, ok.
    Solved part one, easy cause i know the D... word for it...
    Solved Part two with soldier intention, no email, just read, click and write...

Nuff said...grml

11. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

And now I'm in the strange situation of having found the keyword to the third cryptobin in the situation room using information on the website that the cryptobin is supposed to be used to find. Aw peas. Means I can't tell anyone outside of this forum haha

3 people like this.
  12. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thank you for all of your feedback on this mission. Clearly we need to rework its clarity.
    Speaking specifically of the automated chat, can you please let us know what you all liked/disliked, so we can make necessary changes?

2 people like this.
  13. Konmael

Konmael Senior Agent

Good job : I do not have a problem with the videos.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Part one of this one... this is one where either the x's are needed, or the full name as well as the shortname should be used.
    It should accept both "Mumble Machine" as well as "Mumble Machine - New Download".
    ---
    complaint in French because I am not happy
    ----
    Il est demandé dans le breifing de mission de spécifier le fournisseur d'Eau Dure. Sur la facture, le nom du fournisseur est assez facile à trouver, une fois l'Eau Dure identifiée. Le problème, c'est que le nom de ce fournisseur est bel et bien en deux parties, spécifiées en caractères gras et très visibles. Donner en réponse valable uniquement la première partie n'est pas intuitif.
    C'est comme écrire un courrier adressé à "Mr Max" sans spécifier de nom de famille.
    Si la réponse "courte" suffit, la réponse complète devrait être acceptée.
    ----
    I was very pleasantly surprised by the second part of the mission. It reminded me of the good old days of The Secret World , when the "walkthrough" not abounded everywhere. It was the time search "http://orochi-group.com/" gave a feeling of total immersion .
    In short, I loved !
    I 'm still surprised that there was no twitter . (This would be a useful addition)
    Anyway... I do not have time to look for the solution to the second part of the mission. Some problems IRL require my attention.
    ----

PS: I am afraid that the "accuracy" is a very depressing news for many players .
    Indeed, for each puzzle , it can be given only one right answer , while it is possible to go wrong countless times.

A new player , who has not yet understood Black Watchmen and what is "accuracy" , can try (for fun) ten silly answers in the first riddle of the first mission, to find the correct answer...
    The problem is that after seeing his "accuracy" reduced to only 10% ... The player must wait until 9 missions accomplished "without errors" to see his score up to 50% ...
    Which could be very problematic for the toughest missions, which may require several different solutions before finding the right one. ( To take the example of today , I think not be the only one to have tried " Mumble Machine - New Download" and seeing my reduced accuracy ... then the answer is correct. )

Well, I have a son who cries for a hug and one that screams for me to play with him , I think it 's time to stop this message

2 people like this.
  14. Maurna

Maurna Gold Member

I think Giving the Automated System a thicker border may help? I don't have the vocab for it but there's got to be a way to make it stand out and look like something you can click. Especially since all of the spots I would expect to click (titles, symbols on the products page - I kept expecting it to take me to a catalog) don't let you.

2 people like this.
  15. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I really liked the automated machine. It was a little puzzling that some highlighted items are clickable and most aren't until I saw the underline.
    Similar to what Maurna says, the clickable isn't obvious. I remember clicking a lot of other stuff trying to find the automated system. It doesn't draw your eye to it. I didn't realize until now it has the "three little heads" icon which is the same as the team icon in our client. Other websites often offer a picture of a call center person for their live chat clickable - how about a robot holding a telephone to its ear? Something along this theme.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    3 people like this.
  16. Rohva

Rohva Gold Member

I am used to using "Back" to take me back to the previous screen and something like "Top" to take be back to the topmost screen, but that is a minor issue.

I originally skipped the "Products" option because I though it was just product listings. I did not know it was for ordering until I typed the name of the product we had to order and thereby placed the order. I was expecting instead to just get information about the product and how to order it. If the only option is to purchase, then calling it "Product Purchases" would have made that clearer.

If you are trying to recreate the voicemail and online help hell that a lot of vendors deliver then you going down the right path :), but it is not too bad. The worst I encountered was the following:

10:41 services
    10:41 Please enter your Access ID.
    10:41 back
    10:41 I'm sorry, but that ID is not valid. Can I help you with something else?
    10:41 Products
    10:41 I'm sorry, I don't understand.
    10:41 back
    10:41 You are interested in our Products, Customer support or Services?
    10:41 grrrrrrrrr
    10:41 I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Things like this shouldn't prevent anybody from proceeding, but it is a bit annoying after it happens several times. Again, if you want to go for more corporate realism in your automated help system or just want to provide entertainment for people like me, then by all means leave it be, but if you want to make it easier for players then "Back" should always work.

I like that you allow autocompletion, but I noticed it requires at least four characters to work. For example, "prod" worked for Products but "pro" didn't, and "new " worked for New products but "new" didn't. All autocompletion schemes I have previosuly used work with any unique character string even down to a single letter. This doesn't bother me, though. I'm just reporting it as something I've observed.

2 people like this.
  17. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I didn't read the "back" instruction but stumbled upon "hello" which I think restarted a lot of the time.
    re: the images I presented, those are probably too glitzy for the site's aesthetic. Probably something more in-line with the simple truck & building icons we see elsewhere on the site would work better.
    I realized that the time I was hunting for the automated system, I was in full 1600 wide mode, with the icon pinned to the browser left side it was waaay off to the left.

18. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I got inspired & made this
    Robot Callcenter.png

2 people like this.
  19. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

This mission was quite interesting.

I fell into the trap of trying to use the email service. The response was possible a little too generic when trying to place an order.

Thank you for contacting Orders at Morpho Medical. We value your message.

Have a gratifying day.

-
    Bành Văn Dũng
    Facility Operations Manager
    Morpho Medical

When placing an order I was sort of expecting a response more along the lines of

Thank you for getting in touch, we are experiencing a high level of email orders at the moment which may lead to a delay. The current wait time for email orders is between 7-10 working days. We suggest using our automated service using your account number to place an order which can process it right away and have it with you within 24 hours. If you would like to continue with this email order please wait and we will contact you as soon as your order is ready.

It does sort of give away that the player needs to use the automated chat but the email response as it is just doesn't feel right even for an automated response.

As for the automated chat. I had no real problems although it would be nice if when it doesn't recognise my response and asks me if there is anything else I could just type in the response I wanted instead of having to go through the whole Services>chemistry> etc etc again

3 people like this.