Crowdtilt Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Jun 21, 2014.

?

Should we issues Gift Cards to players who had to wait for a refunds

Poll closed Jun 28, 2014.
  1. Yes

39.1%
  2. No

60.9%
  1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Just to be sure we are talking about the same "mess" here. 8 days more delay than expected. That's it. They will get full refunds. Just instead of being contacted in 10 days, they will get contacted in 18 days and probably have to wait a total of 25 with the FULL refunds. That's 15 days more than what we plan. Not a year. Not a month. Not a partial refunds. Not unplanned user fees...

I've been fighting for 3 month with my old cable company to cut the internet and I still received monthly invoice... I'm not trying to compare myself to the worst. But really, it's now being "a mess"? Kind like my WOW toon 28 days rollback after server crash for 4 days? Or launch of Diabo 3 kind of mess? :)

Just wondering here: the lamp dind't broke. It just felt. We put it back up.

2. Anashel

Of course, please don't take my doubt or my 'debate' as a lack of wanting your advice. I'm just realized I spent more then 4k on the closing of a pledge that didn't work and I am now spending another 3k for a third party 10 days delay in refunds. And the worst is, for maybe potential Funders who don't even care about the ARG, who did't event play the free pre-pledge arg and who didn't follow the post-pledge arg.... Out of 2380 agent opt-in, 75 joined the Rosenberg Clinics.

3. Ruke Unlimited

Ruke Unlimited Senior Agent

This is probably the best way to look at it. I think you'll probably find that the people who are loyal to the project won't actually want anything extra, anyway. My opinion was expressed in the view of how I would handle the situation. As you've said, you've been more than generous. It's just that **IF** you felt compelled to offer anything else, I wouldn't spend large amounts of money on people who probably aren't going to be returning customers.

It's also good to keep in mind that, no matter how much you like the people you are working for/with that they are clients/customers or potential clients/customers. Even though the project didn't launch, those people still bought into it, and I would consider them customers. I think its important to keep those people happy, but there should be a focus on the people who are likely to be returning customers (those who buy into the KS, and who will buy a sub every year...). So to me, the additional TBW related items are cheaper a way to reward those loyal customers who are already planning on returning to the project for at least some amount of time.

4. Anashel

No you absolutely right on that. I think I draw a line between the moral concept of the terms and the legal concept of the terms. In any case, HE should consider them AS if they were customers.

5. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Indeed; the *mess* is less of a jumble, and more of a muddle. Nothing too big, but still a slightly confusing or troubled situation - yet not of the first-most definition of a mess.

6. Ruke Unlimited

I wouldn't guess this is indicative of the populace as a whole. I would guess that many of the people who joined never found Rosenberg Clinic (I wouldn't have, had I not been in chat). There's also those who never bothered looking into it deeply, as well as those who just came along after it was solved, so didn't feel the need to sign up for the newsletter/email the "employees". Any number of things could explain why such a small number of people (out of the total) joined in on the Rosenberg project. You likely won't actually see the real numbers until the KS actually launches.

2 people like this.
  7. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

That's not a mess - that's just standard day-to-day customer service from a monopolistic industry propped up by government. Now, the situation that allows that industry to exit... That is a mess. :p

A spilled glass of milk on a tile floor is also a mess, even if it only takes a couple seconds to wipe up. Or dropping a stack of collated copies, which might be a closer comparison.

And it was only a $0.50 thrift store lamp anyhow. But I think what Santiak and I were trying to talk about is the perception of the matter, not the magnitude of it.

But I'll admit - "mess" was probably ill-chosen, and maybe too loaded a word. I didn't like it much when I typed it either, but when I let myself agonize too long over word choice, I don't manage to finish a post until the topic is long dead - so I left it.

And if it turns out the majority of people waiting on the Crowdtilt refunds are stable, rational people, it shouldn't even be a hiccup (which may or may not relate to that 'milk' metaphor somehow). I'm just not used to seeing stable, rational people on the internet - I usually expect things more like that novel-length rant on 'those other forums' over Paypal's rules and the 2.5% lost on refunds. If what you end up seeing is actually the former, just shoot out a "we're really sorry this happened" after Crowdtilt's email goes out, and move on to more important things. Like fortified bunkers, container ships, and rather shady psych clinics.

-Bats

3 people like this.
  8. Bats

To be fair, I think that may be less a reflection of interest, and more one of which people were still looking for clues to the start of a new game in the email saying there wasn't a game[*].

I've seen a fair list of #division66 regulars (which is obviously a pretty high-interest group) pop into the channel in the past two weeks not even knowing about the clinic, because they never thought to follow up on the number in the "Mission Failed" email, or never read beyond "Unfortunately we have not raised enough money to secure the first Permanent ARG."

That's not to say we need easier or more obvious puzzles... just that the number successfully spotting & solving one - especially one at an unexpected time - may not be the best metric to measure interest.

-Bats
    [*] No, "the email saying there wasn't a game" really isn't accurate - but it serves to illustrate a point... and isn't too far off from my brain's involuntary reaction to seeing it, either.

9. Anashel

Sorry, I should have specify, theses are unique visitors to the site. Not the newsletter itself.

10. Anashel

Oh god, i'm dead. :eek:

5 people like this.
  11. Ruke Unlimited

Made me LOL... the smileys on this forum are amazing...

12. Vicarne

Vicarne Senior Agent

I went looking into that number when I got the email but came across some well-established telecommunications company. Couldn't figure out where to go from there. Found the Rosenberg clinic in the Division twitter feed well after it was found.

13. Bats

This wasn't one that could be done entirely by sniffing around online (you weren't the only one thrown off by that) - it meant actually calling the number and getting the URL from the clinic's voicemail... or, for those adverse to long distance calls, finding someone else who could make the call locally and record it: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0u8c2AcWaJp.

-Bats

14. Mandraw

Mandraw Senior Agent

I almost called ( from work XD ( I live in france )) but then toughtof searching the number online which lead me to the vocaroo recording , division66 chat and all

15. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

It sounds like you did. Did you pledge very early in the drive? There was a period before paypal was introduced. Otherwise, you could search your inbox for an email titled "Your confirmation for TheBlackWatchmen - Inception“ which is your receipt for a crowdtilt pledge.

Paypal pledges get paypal receipts: "Receipt for Your Payment to Agence Media Equation Humaine Inc" from [email protected]

16. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Maybe? I figure if you use PayPal you'd just enter your PayPal info. I had to enter my billing info into Crowdtilt when I did. So to answer your query: it likely is Crowdtilt, but may not be, but really be Crowdtilt. (Checked you CC records for the crowdtilt purchase(s))

17. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Yup, that would be crowdtilt then. There was a glitch in their system and we're waiting on either crowdtilt to refund us or crowdtilt to release the money to HE so that they can refund us. Either way, it should be coming this week.

18. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

I start to believe Crowdtilt needs the visit of a black van at their door... for reassurance.

5 people like this.
  19. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

I'm a little late to the party (I only just found these forums) so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

I'm divided. On one hand yey free things, on the other I worry that you would be paying out for a mistake that wasn't yours in the first place. If anyone should be giving gift cards it should be Croudtilt. When I think that money might be taken away from the game to cover other peoples mistakes I feel a little uncomfortable.

Now if the gift cards are coming from Croudtilt I'll take amazon ;)

20. Bats

I believe the third option was pure, untarnished souls... those refunds are proving a little more difficult.

-Bats