Concerted Advertisement

Discussion in 'General' started by Santiak, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Should we help in the advertisement of TBW?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Should we? Both my facebook and twitter have been replaced already by banner and profile pics, and the wife didn't even stab me for replacing our wedding photos.. heh. Well at least so far she hasn't she's too busy playing Wildstar at the moment to stab me.

2 people like this.
  2. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Well, in that case .. *runs off to change his various social media pages as well*

Ach, these are the times where I dislike my fanatic fondness of the colours green and brown; when it clashes with other areas of interest.

[​IMG]

That being said, does ones mother asking what the fancy new profile picture means count? o_O

3. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

A slightly less metaphorical definition of ARG compared to Santiak's:

It's a game that you'll play primarily on your computer, cell phone, anything with an internet connection. But the exciting thing about ARGs is that the game doesn't only exist in the client; you'll get phone calls, talk with actors playing NPCs, find items left at certain locations. You play the game and you also can live the game. You can play it how you want, role playing or not, working only in the situation room in the client or going to a site and taking pictures. But where ARGs really come alive are in the community that forms around them, the fiendishly difficult puzzles and engaging storylines.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Thanks Nikel, way more concise description than I've been able to come up with for talking with the uninitiated.

Very nice Santiak, it reads like the voiceover from of a teaser video. (imagine the video supplying the correlate images so the viewer doesn't have to imagine so much)

5. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Even here in the back-of-beyond we have a game store (miniatures, MTG, etc). I was in town today and, on impulse, I stopped in to introduce ARGing, TBW and etc. I suggested to the owners if they were interested, and enough of their clients are interested, the store may want to sponsor a cell of covert agents under the guise of playing games. They seemed receptive despite my saying the word "online" in a brick&mortar establishment.

I expect I'll stop by in a couple days with some flyers and wallpaper after they've had a chance to investigate the kickstarter, forums and division-66 missions.

5 people like this.
  6. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Uh! Nice! Be sure to point them towards the Corporate Sponsor pledge on Kickstarter. ;)

2 people like this.
  7. Shahmeran

Shahmeran Senior Agent

I might do another little puzzle inside SL, actually the timing right now is perfect as I'm in an event starting on the 1st that should bring a lot of curious and observant people into my shop... I don't think I will have much time for setup this time though (since setting up for the other event is going to take a good chunk of my time for the next couple weeks) so I might just link to Ruke's intro mission if it's still around...

8. Shahmeran

Shahmeran Senior Agent

3 people like this.
  9. Chibimerrick

Chibimerrick Senior Agent

Hey all,
    I have made some 9.5 cm by 12.7 cm flyers (basically, if put on 8.5x11 paper it will print 4, which I can prep), one generic one to help the kickstarter and the other a mission based on the one that Daedalus has started.

Let me know if these work, or if you have any suggestions. Once everyone agrees, I can make a 8.5x11 sheet with four of them on one sheet to print (and then cut).

Edit: changed the font on the flyers to the one in the above post ;P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    19 people like this.
  10. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Wow!!!

2 people like this.
  11. Vomher

Vomher Senior Agent

I will definitely go around posting them where able at my university! Those flyers are looking great so far, and good for people who don't have much color ink. I love the molecular background. :D

12. Chibimerrick

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    8 people like this.
  13. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

I am liking that it's from anonfiles.com huehuehue...

14. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Looking good, will definately be plastering them at my Uni. Nice work! :)

Slight correction, though - sorry for being late - shouldn't it be "its deeper mysteries" and not "it's deeper mysteries" in the generic version?

15. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

16. Chibimerrick

I was too concerned with the design that I didn't proofread myself, my bad!! The links above now have the corrected versions.

17. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

I will be getting my business card drop ready, just working on finally mock up.

18. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

The creativity and passion in these forums never ceases to amaze me. My hat goes off to you all for some brilliant work.

19. Korhona

Korhona Active Agent

Simple thought but maybe translating flyers and advertisement to other languages can help reach more people, what do you think ?

3 people like this.
  20. bljkr

bljkr Gold Member

Well, lets ask. Hey Chibimerrick if people post localized versions of the text for the posters would you be willing to add/create them?