Codes And Ciphers Training

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by dylanamite, Jul 22, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Due to the recent attacks and missions, I've been focusing my time on helping the Agency than making the next Chain in the training program. I'm also going away for a week to take a well needed rest.
    Chain 3 has been started, but won't be released for a week or so. Sorry guys!

2. wyrme

wyrme Active Agent

'tis fine, as this neonate was just cutting his teeth on your first set, when it suddenly got rather inclimate. Surely, as summer has returned( or the eye has hit), my plodding will have half a chance to be waiting on said chain. Enjoy the R&R.

3. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay Agents, pack your bags, it's time for a roadtrip!

Chain 3 has been released finally. Sorry for the delay.
    This chain is my favourite so far. There are 10 puzzles, split into 3 "trips".
    They include some less common codes and ciphers, but I've hinted at the names of these whenever they occur.
    There's also a rather tricky final puzzle standing between you and the third codeword.
    If you have any trouble, feel free to either ask me, or message a fellow Agent.

Once again, you can find Chain 3 where all the others are.

2 people like this.
  4. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

...You remade The Amazing Web Race.

I like it.

5. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I've added some hints to the main post. If anyone posts any here, I'll add them too!
    The chains are getting harder so helping out your fellow Agents is becoming more important!

6. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay, small update on this! And some pretty exciting news.

- Firstly, welcome to all the new recruits of the Agency. I hope you'll enjoy your Code and Cipher Training. It will come in handy during your time at The Black Watchmen.
    - Chains 1 and 2 have been solved by several agents now. If anyone needs any help or hints, post any questions here and either myself or another agent will give you a hand. Don't forget there are hints in the main post.
    - As far as I'm aware, noone has solved Chain 3 yet. There's one Agent I've been speaking to who is close to the end though!
    - Chains 4 and 5 have been planned. I'm trying to use less google doc and bit.do links (the first three chains used these way too much!) and go into newer media types. It'll add an extra ARG feel to the whole thing.

And probably the most exciting one:

- Chain 6 will be a worldwide live-event. This means that you will be able to take place anywhere across the world. Details are still being planned for this. I know it's going to happen sometime in mid-October though! If you haven't started your training, do it soon (although please note you'll be able to take part in Chain 6 without having done any of the other chains!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  7. Dotensomerville

Dotensomerville Active Agent

...I'm having a hard time getting to the first website.:eek:

8. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

sometimes I write characters out in full.
    For example, a "." would be written as "dot" and a "/" might be written as slash.
    This also applies for numbers.

9. Dotensomerville

yeah I got that haha. bit.//letsbegin doesn't yield me anything though. I'm not a url pro so I'm at a loss.

10. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

bit.do is a link shortening site

2 people like this.
  11. Dotensomerville

thought do meant double slash. Whoops

12. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

So when is chain 4 coming? ;)

13. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Soon.

(it's pretty ambitious)

14. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

Chain 1 is now broken.
    Needs to be Updated. First 2 parts to Chain 1 work wonderfully however the piece in the spoilers no longer exists.

15. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

You're close to getting the answer. You need to do something with that link before though. Does anything stand out to you in the extension?

16. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

No clue how i didnt catch that bahahahaha thanks

17. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Chain 3, Trip 1 completed. Jesus, man. You LOVE your codes :^)

4 people like this.
  18. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Lil bit of an update.

-There will now only be 5 chains instead of 6. This is to give me time to work on another project.

-Chain 4 is being made and will be "hopefully" released to coincide with the release of my Sandbox mission.

-Chain 5 will be a lot different to the other chains. (ooh, exciting!)

2 people like this.
  19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Chain 4 has now officially been released, and has been ever since my sandbox mission came out.
    To find it, you must solve my sandbox mission. The way to Chain 4 is hidden within it, in the form bit.do/XXXX where XXXX are four letters.

Within my mission you're looking for an incantation. However, you might also want to search for a hex.

2 people like this.
  20. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Wow rude.

Looks like I have a lot of work to do to get to chain 4.

2 people like this.