Alpha 2.0.5

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skye Myris

Skye Myris Active Agent

Still no luck, checked all three things. Definitely using the latest client, tried two different emails, made sure the program's allowed through firewall--nothing. I ALSO deleted and redownloaded the client, as well as temporarily disabling my antivirus, and also ran the client in administrator mode. Nothing. On the off-chance it'll do something, I'm going to try restarting...

update: restarting worked! I'm in! Thanks so much for your help :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    4 people like this.
  2. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

This might just be me, but the debriefing video for mission 18 wouldn't play. Everything else worked seamlessly.

One more thing for my greedy wishlist: a way to make multiple journal tabs, so I can keep mission notes separate. Currently I put all my notes in individual files on my desktop. But it would be nice to be able to keep it more in the in game journal, for immersion purposes and ease of access. Not a huge thing, as I am also keeping my physical 'looks like it was written by crazy person' journal.

4 people like this.
  3. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

OMG! Took us 6 hour with 5 people on Steamchat to finally solve mission 14. It did get you 3 new fans tho ;)

8 people like this.
  4. Karades

Karades Senior Agent

Can confirm, i'm one of those guys

9 people like this.
  5. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Mission 15 was far too easy imo.

Now stuck on mission 16, I refuse to look at the hinting pages at the ongoing missions as there was no point in kickstarting the game if I let others play it for me.
    That said, I completed the number station, was pretty doable, the satelite picture however is killing me.
    It looks like the Robert Morrison Observatory http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observatorium_Robert_Morris (I've been there 5 times) so I assumed the password would be Robert Morris, no such luck and no idea how to continue.
    Will give it another spin tomorrow!

3 people like this.
  6. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I recognised it for what it was although I was unfamiliar with the particular picture. Took me a lot of time on Google to find it. You solved the first part of the mission right?

7. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

well technically I solved the second part the number station. The picture is the first part afaik.

8. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Solving the station part may help...

9. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Neol..... got that part, still no clue for the picture lol. Guess I'll break my mind over it again tomorrow.

10. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

If you need a nudge let me know

2 people like this.
  11. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Ya, let me know if you need a bit of help, that one was pretty easy for me. I guess i'm good with image stuff.

2 people like this.
  12. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

Misplaced Data wasn't meant to be difficult, but it did outline a sizable set of errors in formatting and CMS. I intentionally made it very easy, and the difficulty of "Recruit" was meant to represent that. I'm not very good at making difficult puzzles that aren't arbitrary or strongly obscured.

2 people like this.
  13. MERCury

MERCury Senior Agent

It is kind of funny how different difficulty can be judged. Mission 16 was so quick for me. I guess I googled directly the right terms and had the solution. And I have read now here and in the mission thread how hard it can be to find the site...
    A bit of luck (or fluke...) seem to be very relevant for a Black Watchman, too.

2 people like this.
  14. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

truth: some things are instinctive to us, and some make us hit a wall. Like me with the station code. It took me waaaay too long to figure that out!

15. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

I can't even start to explain the amount of brainfart...
    Right from the start I spotted what kind of structure it was, but for some idiotic reason I counted circle as 5 letters so I never tried the OBVIOUS answer....The amount of facepalm is high.

I actually didn't spot the Recruit-tag, makes sense now.

2 people like this.
  16. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

I think that it should be color coded in some way, personally. It's not highly visible as is.

17. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

It would be really nice if the videos had subtitles. Not everyone is a native English speaker.

7 people like this.
  18. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.