Alpha 1.1.2 - Pc & Mac Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Not sure if it's possible to do anything about, but some Agent markers are merged across borders, even at relatively close zoom-levels.

For example, going from closest zoom (1) to farthest (3):
    At 2, Norway -> Sweden. Belgium and some from Germany -> Netherlands. Some from France -> Spain, and finally some from Germany -> France.
    Resulting in no Agent markers in Belgium, Norway or Germany.

At 3, some from England -> Netherlands, as well as -> France.
    Resulting in no agents in sourthern England.

Granted with the marker size related to the number of agents, some smaller countries will have a tough time maintaining their own "counter", and people could always zoom in to get a more accurate count.

Was thinking if some sort of colour-coding might be beneficial? Either of the countries themselves, or of a smaller, numberless dot, with the relative number of agents in that particular country by the colouration of the dot - at the least at zoom level 3.
    Not only would it give a more realistic sense of distribution at a quick glance, but it could also free up some room for the eventual "Event markers", so we avoid it being a cluster-fest of markers overlapping each other. Of course, that could also be solved by being able to toggle certain markers on and off, but I'd personally find it more pleasing if all information could reliably and intelligibly be displayed concurrently.

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Actually, the map will be more interactive. You will be able to zoom much closer, around city level, using satellite access. (once you gain trust from TBW to let you play with such toys) The satellite will let you scan rupture or anomalies. On another note, the blue dot are more a statistical / interesting way to see the players based. When we overlay the other data, we may dim the agent map or more transform like a heat map. Request for help won't be grouped neither live events.

We also did convert the map to native unity instead of the browser plug-in. Hopefully, that will improve performance for the overall map experience.

7 people like this.
  3. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

Sounds good :)
    Gimme test food...i need to work...grmml...hihi

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

Will the city map be stylized like the global one?

2 people like this.
  5. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

I think it will be even more stylized and interactive.

6. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Oh gaws, been busy with a new job and personal crap, come back to see an alpha :eek: looks like my weekend is going to be less boring then I initially expected.

7. Karades

Karades Senior Agent

Without Gr3y i wouldn't even notice about alpha :D

2 people like this.
  8. Anashel

In terms of city level details (like street view) : No. More in terms of game related details (mission, agent needing help, important location, landmark, etc...)

3 people like this.
  9. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Hello, 1.1.2 on win7nvidia660GTX ok for me (cf. output_log1)
    Test with 640x480 windowed, cf TBW1.1.2_640x480.zip
    Test win7 nvidia240m : cf output_log win7 nvidia240m.zip
    Regards

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  10. Anashel

Thanks!

11. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Hello, I added 2 new logs :
    - output_log win7 nvidia240m.zip
    - winVista nvidia260m output_log.zip
    Regards

12. Cab

Cab Active Agent

So far looks great, on a mac and runs smoothly! Looking forward to it!

2 people like this.
  13. Erebe

Erebe Senior Agent

Toujours nothing POUR MON Écran noir

2 people like this.
  14. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Been off and on the beta, tried my hardest to get any type of error but it ain't working.
    All good on my end.

2 people like this.
  15. Myridean

Myridean Gold Member

Question: Do different coloured levels see different access? For instance, I downloaded the client today yet I could only see 3 windows accessible and I'm level Red. I don't see the joker nor the little girl gifs in my TV screens in the Situation Room?

Edit: Do you think it would be feasible to have a place to keep & access bookmarks, even if the source is being kept on client-side?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  16. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

These gifs were removed, they're updated live from a server. Everyone is 'red' level, because that's not yet implemetned.

2 people like this.
  17. Myridean

Myridean Gold Member

Okay, good to know. Thanks! At least for now, we're all starting on the same foot :D

18. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Guest

We have to hope the issue with no map will be resolved for next alpha version.

19. Mintcake

Mintcake Senior Agent

I might be being unremittingly dense - but how do you log into the client? My forum name and password don't work; should I create a separate account?

20. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Yep, you need to create a seperate account for it.

It uses PlayFab, so if you've played Planetary Annihilation or Loadout, you might need to use a different email than the one you used for those, or alternatively open up your primary email by editing your account with PlayFab. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.