Agent Id Badges

Discussion in 'General' started by Jarobi, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Very nice indeed, however as previously stated in the thread: many of the datafields might change during the course of the game. Thus integrating them in a personalized webpage that is linked to by the qr-code would make the card less prone to be outdated. Also the layout of the card would be less cluttered.

2. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

"I'm sorry sir you're clearely not a winged key, you can't access the event."

5 people like this.
  3. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

Omg I laughed harder at this then i should have.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Heres a nice List of ID's To Look at to aid in determining a good ID format solution.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

Had to break them up to two at a time lol:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

I was thinking more along the lines of this:
    1.jpg
    Then all the other information can be accessed through the QR.

7. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

10/10 brilliant. Didn't have a pic of myself on PC so I just used my avatar :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
    4 people like this.
  8. Felicity

Felicity Senior Agent

Though I'm not going to share an example because opsec, most badges are very simple. They pretty much just have information on them that will identify the person, such as height/weight, ssn, hair/eyes etc.

Too much information about specialties and such makes losing a badge an increased danger to the member and the organization, and.. trust me, someone is gonna lose one. Even when it's actually an important badge, people lose them.

5 people like this.
  9. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I am not putting my weight on a badge. I'm fat yo.

3 people like this.
  10. Cicada1337

Cicada1337 Senior Agent

Ill opt to replace my weight with "err" since thats what the scale says i weigh!

4 people like this.
  11. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

That is too funny, I have been on a NCIS bender. from season 1 -12 on Netflix. I hated Ziva . But I loved seeing Jethro Gibbs card :D

12. cronkllr

The best bet for these cards is just the Agents name, Avatar/photo, The black watchmen logo. And a QR code . with having forums, I know you have a MYSQL database. SO you will be able to keep up to date records of any agents Rank, agent level and any other details . This will be the easiest and clandestine in nature as it is secretive.

The main point is the QR codes linking to a AGENT page from This website that can show a Detailed profile. Rank / agent status (color) Length of being a agent ( how long you have been recruited . , Agents you recruited. , and A lot more could be added. And if the agent wanted some real life info as name city etc, but that would be optional.

This would make a great ID card. And the QR code page can be updated without the ID card needing to be updated when the agents rank/ level changes.

6 people like this.
  13. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Agreed!
    My thoughts exactly!

3 people like this.
  14. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

What we could link this to is the wiki.
    You know, that thing that's been slowly decomposing for the last month of so.

15. cronkllr

Well I think the QR code can link to TBW main website for a agents info ( as listed above, and could be updated on any changes from HQ automatically ) If we use a wiki it would not be updated or verified from HQ.

I will agree we could add it to the wiki after. But I think us being a clandestine group we need our primary info on TBW servers before a wiki. ( you wont see CIA agents names on a wiki - well some but no one in action-

16. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

I actually do kinda like linking to our wiki page, especially because I'm really happy about my personal page. That way we get to actually customize our page with information we want to show, whether it's RP or not. Plus, it puts all of the work on us to get our pages done :p

17. cronkllr

Tha
    That Would be half and half.

You are going to see more than half that would rather have it on TBW servers before a wiki. The other half that are not into the whole rp/ARG aspect would like the wiki.

As a person/agent on the other side I would only have my agent name on the wiki and the rest would be classified. Unless you were logged into TBW website and could see agents customized info. The only thing that will be staff run is the rank , classLevel etc ( to keep the integrity intact like a agency would.

As a person playing a ARG game I would not put my info on it besides a username and a classafied detail on my name.

But that is just me. If it's a agent in TBW they should be able to see it on a batabase from our own server

18. cronkllr

On a seperate note , A&S can buy plastic card printer for a small ammount that makes high quality cards.

I think it would be alot cheaper than you outsourcing and this will work for multipasses as well. 1 card prints in less than 2 minutes.

You will make the money back from the buying price in comparison of all the current agents who want to buy an ID TBW card. And it will be cheaper for both parties.

We just need to figure out how to link a,Qr code to a agent profile of some kind.

!!Jantos. Please Do not merge this topic. This is a seperate side note.!!