Youtube Gamers

Discussion in 'General' started by Flatulent Shadow, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Flatulent Shadow

Flatulent Shadow Active Agent

My son and I run a YouTube channel and we're really excited about the prospect of covering this game but we REALLY don't want to ruin the game by covering it. It could be argued that a play-through of any puzzle game ruins it (spoilers) but this game seems to be much more. There is a community involved and we want to respect it. Are we allowed to share The Black Watchmen experience with our fans? If we're allowed are we welcome to share it with our fans?

5 people like this.
  2. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I can't personally answer your questions, but JKKennedyTV already did a livestream of his start in the game I believe. Anashel or Jarobi should be able to give you a definitive answer, I'd drop them a message if I were you.

3. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

It should also be noted that Anashel gave the green light to another youtuber asking the same question, so I think I should be good to go!

2 people like this.
  4. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Please go ahead Flatulent Shadow. We want to share TBW with as many people as possible.

5. Flatulent Shadow

Flatulent Shadow Active Agent

Thanks very much! We're really excited about presenting not only the PC side of things but everything else we can in the form of vlog entries.

6. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

Well you have a bit better manners than I do I guess in terms of asking if it is okay to do this. While certainly some will look for solutions on YouTube and ruin their experience, I think the overall better side of it is that you are exposing an Alternate Reality Game to everyone. The idea is so foreign to almost all gamers that I hope I can reach some new people on Twitch and YouTube as I play. Been super fun trying to solve everything the past two days.

5 people like this.
  7. Ashielf

Ashielf Senior Agent

Seeing someone actually play is a thousand times easier to get the message across than by simple text or demo videos, agreed.

I like "Let's Play"-videos on Youtube for exactly this reason. If a game looks like fun, I will buy it myself and not only watch others play it.

8. Rohva

Rohva Gold Member

I think as long as you tell people up front that you are actually working a mission and will thereby reveal the solution once you find it, then they are forewarned enough to make their own choices if they want to continue watching your video. Also, apart from giving the game more exposure I actually like to see other people's thought process in action. Other agents have said the same thing.

4 people like this.
  9. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I think after the next few missions are released it won't be a problem at all. Any prospective agents who see your video might be thankful for the better understanding you are giving them and the fast start to get them into the action quicker.