Will These Achievements Be Availible To Everyone ?

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by cronkllr, Aug 27, 2015.

1. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I saw that there are 3 specific achievements.

0.2%
    Futurology

0.2%
    Shock Trooper
    [​IMG]

0.2%
    Greenlight Operative
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------
    Will these be available for everyone to earn/achieve or just for people who supported the Pre-release? The reason I ask is the Greenlight operative achievement specifically . Now that TBW has gone out out pre-release and out of greenlight. Will we be able to get these achievement's. Or are these for a upcoming mission?

Thanks.
    I am a achievement whore, So I want to earn everyone I can :D.

2. Felicity

Felicity Senior Agent

I also find it bad design to implement achievements (at least, in a system like steam) which are unobtainable past a certain point. Specifically, live events 1-3 are completely impossible to get by anyone who joined after the game 'officially' released on Steam. It doesn't personally bother me (though seeing those eternally grey live event 1-2 achievements on the main menu hurts), but I know there are people that will try to get them all.

A good way to appease people who want achievement numbers is to separate it into a badge system, and an achievement system, so that all achievements on Steam are obtainable at any one time (barring ones that just don't exist yet, like mayb the new missions will have) and have a badge system to reward people who are around for x specific events. Also, not showing unobtained achievements on the menu, since there will ALWAYS be some.

7 people like this.
  3. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

They're hidden achievement, so I think that at least one of them will be about the puzzle pieces. I pretty much got the game right out of the gate and I didn't get the "greenlight operative", so I don't think that is what unlocks it. Judging by the fact that only less than 1% of players have unlocked those achievements, I'm willing to bet that the community at large hasn't unlocked them yet. Those who have are probably just the devs who are testing to make sure they work properly

4. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

I believe Shock Trooper was for backing the kickstarter, and Greenlight Operative was for maybe helping greenlight the game on steam??

Futurology has GOT to be the Info Piece one, tho. As for Live Missions 1-3, I believe those will become available once again when Live Missions become replayable once Season 2 comes out.

5. Felicity

Felicity Senior Agent

What is Pathfinder, then?

6. Greenstarfanatic

...That's actually probably the Info Piece one, now that I think about it. It doesn't make sense for 0.2% of people to have it already, which would be the case for Futurology. Not sure what that one is, then.

7. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

I can confirm that futurology is for backing the kickstarter, and greenlight operative was a backer reward for $5. Got them upon opening the client today.

2 people like this.
  8. cronkllr

hmm, I wonder If gold members get these? I need to log in and see.

9. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Hmmm I just loaded the game and have on Duty 4 and 5 showing as possible achievements but don't see any futurology or anything like that. Was on Duty 4 the live mission this weekend just gone?
    Also, I backed on Kickstarter but did it with a different email address :/

10. cronkllr

@Khalm they are listed as hidden achievements. If you hit view global state achievements you will see them.

NOW I just want pathfinder. It's listed as unlocking the hidden missions.""

So I am wondering if it has to do with unlocking the season 1 puzzle pieces?

11. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Ah ok. Guess I need to talk to someone then as I don't have live mission 4 or the kickstarter one showing for me. (Not sure if I should have Greenlight operative or not)

12. liquid3AM

liquid3AM Active Agent

Shock Trooper is for pre-ordering the game according to AStats. So people who pledged 25$+ on KS should also have it?

13. Greenstarfanatic

Huh. Then I think I should have it too, I think. I bought it on the store during the Beta

14. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

I was an early kickstarter backer as well. Any way we can get this stuff pro rated?

My two cents: the achievements should be entirely hidden in the client unless they are expected to be achievable via normal gameplay. Having weird now-unattainable achievements is actually great and important, people just shouldn't be reminded of them until they happen to encounter someone with them and go "Whoa, is that possible?" That's a cool interaction. Being stuck with a greyed out thing on your profile you will never activate is not a cool interaction. The example here is Ingress profile badges: Some of these appear with locks on them when you start the game as a new player, because you are expected to do these things in the course of gameplay and the numbers on them are a goal for you. Others, like the Founder/Innovator (you were playing at a certain date/were a certain level at a certain date) and the anomaly badges (Attended a big-time live event) are entirely invisible unless possessed, their existence unremarked upon until you look at someone's profile and see, say, the upside down Interitus logo or Oliver Lynton Wolfe's face. Then you ask that person "Dang, where did that come from", and that too is a cool interaction.

Steam allows for completely secret achievements.

3 people like this.
  15. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Greenlight Operative
    You purchased the Steam funders package on Kickstarter

Never bought either myself as I was already getting Season 1 from my kickstarter work.

16. liquid3AM

liquid3AM Active Agent

I pledged on KS and only got the Greenlight Operative.

Unless Shock Trooper is bugged (and should be awarded to KS people), the only way to get it would be to NOT pledge on KS and pre-order the game instead - kinda ridiculous :)

2 people like this.