Why a client?

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Lloyd, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

This has probably been asked a lot and I figure there has to be a reason for it but I want to know exactly WHAT that reason is. Why is the game ONLY available in the client when it would work so much better as a website? Especially considering the way the game is played and the fact that the majority of the time spent playing the game is spent in a browser and having a website would make the game much easier to play and more accessible as well as opening the way up to play on mobile devices. The game saves are even saved onto your account and not your computer, as it would be on a website, so why go with a client? If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be extremely grateful.

2. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Steam.
    Among other things which i'm trying to list.

Josh Lloyd likes this.
  3. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Some things are simpler to make in Unity than just make whole website dedicated for those. If you take look of the client right now, that would be a (this is honest text) bitch to convert to web form. You would need MySQL/PHP/Logins what have you to make it happen.

Josh Lloyd likes this.
  4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Josh!

Actually, you are right since Black Watchmen was web based from 2007 to 2014.

The answer is indeed steam.
    1) Bigger audience
    2) We needed a publisher for the visibiliy
    3) Accounting, payment, transaction security, liability, insurance, tax management, name it...

Basically, Steam provide all that with no upfront cost. This enable you to shift major cost post-launch.

Zekh, Josh Lloyd and Balamung like this.
  5. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

Huh, well thank you all for your answers, I think my mind has been put to rest now.

6. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

NO IT'S NOT ! THERE WAS A HIDDEN MISSION AND YOU ALMOST FOUND IT !

DON'T GIVE U

----{ This user has been disconnected by NT4 }-----

Anashel and NoShitSherlock like this.
  7. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

The worst part is that you may not even be joking, there is no way for me to tell.

Zekh likes this.
  8. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

He's definitely jok

----{ This user has been disconnected by NT4 }-----

Zekh, Anashel and NoShitSherlock like this.
  9. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

this is getting sppoky

10. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

don't let go. always keep looking. never settle. don

----{ This user has been disconnected by NT4 }----

jen-jen likes this.