Welcome To The Agency Recruit!

Discussion in 'Welcome Recruits' started by Anashel, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

You may be wondering how to make the most of your time here and how you can quickly get started in your career as a Black Watchmen agent.

Feel free to introduce yourself and ask for help!

7 people like this.
  2. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Hello new recruits! Glad to see a new forum on here! If you need any help, feel free to ask any of us! A few great agents I can think of off the top of my head are @dylanamite @MochiInvasion @codex-13 @Aquilas @Treble @nikel @cronkllr just to name a few. Feel free to throw any questions on this forums related to the game, or anything in general! We will be sure to throw a helping hand!

8 people like this.
  3. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

4. Wilhelm

Wilhelm New Agent

Hi I am Agent Wilhelm and I could use help as a beginner in season 1 I'm stuck on the antique shop

5. mgelles

mgelles Senior Agent

Hi,
    For me, Mission 3 was the first of many missions for which I found the biggest challenge was the sheer amount of information given. T
    here's a bunch of creepy looking stuff in every photo and you're tempted to find clues everywhere However, for that puzzle the info needed is all in one place
    . You'll be using the skills and tools from the previous missions, so use that to narrow your focus on the type of things to look for. More hints for all the season 1 missions can be found in this thread http://forums.blackwatchmx.php?then.com/indereads/season-1-megathread.1102/ . Reading through the entire thread for a given mission instead of just the hints helped gives me a sense of the process others used to arrive at the answer, and I use those skills and techniques to approach later missions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
    4 people like this.
  6. Anashel

HI Agent Mgelles!

You are right, there is some kind of mental process / mindset you need to get used to. Early on you are indeed challenge to investigate a thread in a massive amount of informations. Was there a specific "eureka!" moment you remember during your investigation?

7. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I noticed it gets easier over time, even with the challenges getting more difficult. The mindset you get makes the puzzle kind of "flow" in a sense. That eureka moment you get is such a rush, I love it lol. It is easy to get stuck on those red herrings. For mission 3,
    I was stuck reading the antique pamplet, trying to find a connection to the subject responsible for the disappearance.
    But yeah, @Wilhelm, overall, mission 3 is where you start to see the main focus of the game, where it delves into research instead if client-only puzzles. It gets reaaaal good after that. That is once you are officially part of Division 79!

8. mgelles

mgelles Senior Agent

I recognized the coded bits for what they were pretty quickly once I saw them, but at first I was writing down everything and I used the forums to make sure that I had what I needed. It definitely gets easier as you go to recognize patterns that might be relevant. The game definitely has two levels to it. While collaboration would be helpful for the missions, that goes double for the puzzle pieces. I wouldn't be getting those without leaning on the forum threads. That said. i'm anxious to be part of that process for the DLC.
    MGelles

2 people like this.
  9. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

It's definitely gonna be a ride. I am so excited for what Alice & Smith have in store for us on August 20th. I can't wait to work with Grisha (hahahano.) and uncover the mysteries of what happened to the subjects of Gate 33.

2 people like this.
  10. Ingerjules

Ingerjules Active Agent

Hello everyone. My name's Chris and decided to pick up the bundle they had on steam on a whim and I can honestly say it's been a very pleasant experience this far. I'm on season 1 mission 15 right now, and I already own season 2. If 2 is half as good as 1 is then I'm a happy little agent. I just wish that I had found this series in the midst of an active season, any word on a potential season 3? I'd love to actively participate in something like this. Anyway, that's it for now. Ciao!

3 people like this.
  11. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Welcome to the Agency Ingerjules! You're in luck, there is a new live event on the horizon which will allow you to engage in real time active agency work!

12. Ingerjules

Ingerjules Active Agent

That's wonderful news, thanks for the reply! Super eager for this. Another quick question, will I have to be all caught up before I can participate, or are the live events more like "side stories" or one offs rather then linked directly to the rest of the Canon material? ( sorry if this thread isn't the proper place to ask, just figured when in Rome lol)

2 people like this.
  13. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Glad to answer your questions Ingerjules! You do not need to get caught up in the Seasons to take part in a live event. The stories of Live Events typically explore a facet of the universe without spoiling major plot points in the campaigns. So you can dive right in!

3 people like this.
  14. DrNoodle

DrNoodle Senior Agent

Hello. I'm new to the forums. I picked up seasons 1 and 2 and I'm having lots of fun. I'm most of the way through season 2, and I hope there's a third installment on the way!

7 people like this.
  15. Anashel

You are already mid-way season 2?? Did you had past experience with that type of puzzle?

2 people like this.
  16. DrNoodle

DrNoodle Senior Agent

Oh I bought season 1 about 2 weeks ago, and season 2 last week. I just decided to join the forums today. But yes, I do have experience with puzzle solving games. A few years back I played an annual midnight madness game in Arkansas, and I helped design one of the games.

I like how TBW pulls you into the story. It doesn't just feel like clue after clue, and I'm often staying up too late thinking "Ok, I gotta play one more mission tonight to see what happens". I assume playing a season live is even more fun. Thanks for being so accessible in the forums, and for making such a fun game.

7 people like this.
  17. Rivan

Rivan Active Agent

Hello agents! New to the forums and to ARGs. Got through all of Season 1 and most of Mother Russia before finally introducing myself here. Starting out on Season 2 right now and eagerly awaiting more info on 3and future live events!

7 people like this.