Welcome Thread 2016!

Discussion in 'Welcome Recruits' started by riningear, Jun 27, 2015.

1. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N Senior Agent

Desperate Dragon, reporting.

Just got TBW thanks to Extra Credits pointing it out to me.

Ready for field deployments required within the Wellington, NZ region.

11 people like this.
  2. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Welcome to the party :)

3. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N Senior Agent

Thanks. How many people are down where I am? Saw around 15 on the game map.

4. Gödel

Gödel Senior Agent

Agent Gödel signing in.

Never had the opportunity to play an ARG till now, and I can't wait for season 2. I just hope that I don't just ride the community's coattails. Skills wise, I'm just a kid that knows how to google, and gets a clever idea from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    6 people like this.
  5. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You'll learn quick, and you'll figure out soon enough what you're good at and what you need to ask for help on. I don't think there's anyone here(excluding devs) who's an expert at every aspect of this game, and that's how it should be. We've got a strong community and everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. :) You'll fit right in.

6. Ryvian

Ryvian Active Agent

I'm Agent Ryvian.

Army veteran and game design student here in Chicago. This is my first ARG. I didn't even know these were a thing. Still working my way through the old missions.

4 people like this.
  7. Lankin

Lankin Active Agent

Agent Lankin, signing on.

Unemployable British gamer with ungodly amounts of free time, and this'll be my first *proper* ARG, although I've followed a bunch of them from the sidelines. Currently working my way through Season 1 and hopefully taking part in BLINDANGEL at the same time.

5 people like this.
  8. Atreides

Atreides Senior Agent

Agent Atreides reporting to HQ from Spain,

Senior rpg tabletop designer & writer, and also freelance public relationns & sales representative, with some SIGINT & HUMINT hat tricks at your disposal.

Hope to be enough skilled for being on board, just signed in for BLIND ANGEL yesterday and waiting for the Second Season.

A.

"Deception is a right. Truth is a privilege. Innocence is a luxury. The Mission is never over."

9 people like this.
  9. Warziders

Warziders Active Agent

Welcome all to The Black Watchmen! Look forward to working with all of you. :)

3 people like this.
  10. Pavoneo

Pavoneo Active Agent

Howdy fellas,

I'm a marketing consultant from Alabama that recently relocated to the US Southwest. I don't have much ARG experience and it seems like I just missed all of the fun, but I'm looking forward to Season Two coming about and working my way through it with y'all

4 people like this.
  11. Atreides

Atreides Senior Agent

Another soldier of "Market Wars" is always welcome. Don't underestimate your own skills, if you don't have much ARG experience right now maybe you can't say which they are and how use them, but soon you're gonna learn the tricks. And most important thing: We're here to share and help each other, that's what makes the game so really funny and different. Hope you'll enjoy the ride with us. Welcome to the Black Watchmen HQ!

A.

2 people like this.
  12. Fable

Fable Active Agent

Agent Fable reporting.
    I head about this game forever ago through The Secret World, but never checked it out. Recently the game got onto my radar again and I finally decided to jump on board. The community around here seems awesome!
    I have some experience with ARGs, although not much, and I love puzzles in general. I won't claim to be amazing at them, but, hey, only way to improve is to start trying. Hopefully I can be of assistance to the Agency.

11 people like this.
  13. Quaesitio

Quaesitio Active Agent

Call me Quaesitio. I'm an old veteran of the old Majestic ARG (old man voice: The tales I could tell you, sonny!) and James Portnow pointed out this game on Youtube. I got curious and I have made the plunge before season 2 came out and now I'm doing some catch-up.

5 people like this.
  14. marfish

marfish Senior Agent

Agent Marfish here.
    Just started a couple of weeks ago after restarting The Secret World. I realized how much I loved the investigation missions and remembered this email I got about a year ago, about an ARG I might like because I play Secret World.
    Found The Black Watchmen on Steam and loved it right away. Finished the season 1 missions, working on the sandbox missions, still trying to find hidden missions and eagerly awaiting the start of season 2.
    Not a lot of experience with actual ARGs, but I did do a lot of browser riddle games (like notpron) back in the day.

Hope I can be helpful to the community and I look forward to working with you all.

4 people like this.
  15. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Glad to have you on-board, Agent Marfish! Let me know if you need any help or have any questions :D

3 people like this.
  16. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Don't listen to him the cake is a lie.

2 people like this.
  17. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

God I haven't heard that joke in a few years lol. Either way, welcome!

5 people like this.
  18. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

Hi everyone, Agent DeiDhena here. I discovered TBW while looking into Illuminati's archives in the TSW parallel dimension.
    I have been around the Agency HQ for some days now, and had a lot of fun with the first Season 1 missions. Hmm, as a matter of fact, I also met Agent MidDipper and dylanamite running around in the labs, very busy looking for artifacts, spiders and their dopplegangers. Got confused a bit about all that! ;-)
    I am not expert with occult thingies and code-breaking, however, I love problem-solving. I am here, ready for missions and to help.

5 people like this.
  19. Aetheros

Aetheros Senior Agent

Hiya DeiDhena. Though as for a matter of fact. We have a forum dedicated entirely to RP. Therefor RP in other forum sections might confuse some of our Agents.

20. Tokbeaver

Tokbeaver Active Agent

Agent Tokbeaver reporting.
    Just started few days ago. I was looking for a game like In Memoriam and I'm really happy to join the division ! I've just set my yellow clearance level and I hope season 2 will be at least as amazing as season 1.

4 people like this.