WARNING about Hivemind Asset!! IMPORTANT READ!

Discussion in 'Previous builds' started by deadbeatsaint, Aug 31, 2017.

1. deadbeatsaint

deadbeatsaint Active Agent

One of the assets in the hivemind
    Matilde
    has an e-mail on their cellphone that talks about a nightclub.

If you go to the nightclub's official website it has been hacked (IN REAL LIFE) and will attempt to trick you into installing the HoeflerText Malware.
    Fosfobox
    I'm not even going to provide the actual link.

It works by appearing as a browser tool that says a Font is missing and to download a Font Executable file (e.g. Font_Chrome.exe). I would be shocked if any of you fell for this, but it is easy to get complacent when playing a game, and it would've been irresponsible of me not to point it out. Perhaps until they've fixed it a different establishment should be chosen for the asset in NiteTeam 4.

This is a recent development, as I did not notice this behavior a few days ago, so the website in real life has been compromised probably in the last 24 hours.

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Move to tech support, currently investigating. Will come back shortly, thanks for the heads up!!

3. deadbeatsaint

4. Anashel

I have check with 3 differents sources the website in question in Rio de Janeiro and there is no trace of the virus you are referring to or the HoeflerText Malware. Can you send me a screenshot of the font message?

5. Anashel

BTW, to anyone reading the thread, the mission is disable for now, just to be safe until I am able to rule out or confirm the existence of a malware on the Rio de Janeiro website.

6. deadbeatsaint

Strangely enough, it doesn't appear to be displaying any longer (although that could be because it detected that that I downloaded the executable). My chrome version is Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) (running on Win 10).

It looked exactly as described on the previous (first) link, with the text scrambled and the "popup" box saying that the font was missing.

http://imgur.com/a/1AvfG (The File Downloaded)
    [​IMG]

7. deadbeatsaint

8. deadbeatsaint

Don't know what to say, maybe it was patched in the past hour. EDIT: ( I just re-checked with two separate computers, two different IP addresses with Chrome, nothing happening now)

9. Anashel

Yup, that's the site I have tested using 3 different IP / Computer and Browser combination.

10. Anashel

I'll leave the mission disable for now and will replace it for something else. Even if I am unable to reproduce what you saw, I won't take any chance.