Videos not loading in Season 2

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by NorthChaos, Dec 8, 2017.

1. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

There's several clue-videos that do not play, but the debriefing video at the end of Mission 30's Agent Map session not playing seems to mean I have no way of getting the answer to the mission.

2. codex-13

codex-13 Community Manager

Is it only some of the videos, or all of them?

3. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

Only some, the initial mission-briefing videos all work, but some of the clue-videos or audios do not. And neither do the debriefing videos on Agent Map-missions.

4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Agent NorthChaos!

Did you had this issue before the new client update?

5. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

I re-installed the game but some videos still refure to load/play. Opening briefing to Mother Russia being one of them.

6. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

Here's my log:

Initialize engine version: 4.6.0f3 (30840d631a27)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (ID=0x1080)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 1488 MB
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Vectrosity.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Vectrosity.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\SteamworksManaged.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\SteamworksManaged.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\libpxcclr.unity.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\libpxcclr.unity.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.103 seconds
    desktop: 1920x1200 59Hz; virtual: 3840x1200 at -1920,0
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    UnloadTime: 2.820015 ms
    Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 3 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1879.
    Total: 1.890943 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.164002 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.041820 ms MarkObjects: 0.981142 ms DeleteObjects: 0.021320 ms)

videos volume is set at: 71
    (Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

UnloadTime: 10.731473 ms
    Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 92 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1753.
    Total: 3.522763 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.164002 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.055760 ms MarkObjects: 0.914721 ms DeleteObjects: 1.687991 ms)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

target validation failed. destroying the tween to avoid errors. Target type: UnityEngine.Light

GET TOKEN

UnloadTime: 4.202552 ms
    Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 68 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 9019.
    Total: 9.660131 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.986472 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.167692 ms MarkObjects: 5.607229 ms DeleteObjects: 2.217717 ms)

Platform assembly: D:\Games\steamapps\common\The Black Watchmen\tbw_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

The campaign is not Mother Russia...

7. WWaze

WWaze New Agent

Yeah, I am having the same issue at Season 2 mission 30, cannot complete it because of this.
    E: Also tried the DLC missions, they do not work either. The video screen only flashes white briefly before asking if I want to watch the video again. S2 mission 29 video loads still, though, and presumably the previous ones, too. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried different buffering options but nothing seems to work.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  8. AgentZeus

AgentZeus Senior Agent

@NorthChaos did the last client update fix it?
    @WWaze there have been some odd issues with videos - mostly firewall/connection issues, so its worth making sure they are not blocked, and in case its something else > @Anashel is the man to ask!

9. Anashel

Hey guys!

I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, @WWaze @NorthChaos Can you confirm it's still the case? I'll ask the team to try to reproduce it on their side.

10. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

Let's see:

Alone in the Dark Web opening briefing: doesn't load, flashes white.
    Mother Russia: doesn't load, flashes white.
    Season 2, Mission 30 briefing: loads and plays normally.
    Season 2, Mission 30 agent map pt1 Guardians: Audio doesn't load, flashes white.
    Season 2, Mission 30 agent map pt2 Chemical Warfare: Audio doesn't load, flashes white.
    Season 2, Mission 30 agent map pt3 Core: Audio doesn't load, flashes white, solution video doesn't load and flashes white.
    All images load normally.

Steam should've kept the game updated, but I re-tried after reinstalling and doesn't load.

11. Anashel

Thanks NorthChaos!

Shoudl I understand that the other video work? Or it's just that you are currently doing these missions?

12. NorthChaos

NorthChaos New Agent

Haven't tried earlier missions, I just had the answers for mission 30 lying around so it was a good for testing. I seem to recall having same issues with audio-clues in earlier missions in season 2 tho.

13. WWaze

WWaze New Agent

Yep, I am having the same issues as NorthChaos and I also tried out s2 mission 29 and 28 and the intro videos were working as previously. Here's my log if it is of any use https://pastebin.com/3cBMNLAC

14. Barzo

Barzo New Agent

Hi, it seems I have the same problem. In s2 mission 30 I can watch only the briefing video, the others (video attachments in all tasks and video debriefing) don't work, the video player opens, but the video stops immediately, I get a gray rectangle instead of a video and the replay/close buttons. Everything worked well in the previous missions of s2. The log looks very similar to the one WWaze attached, I can attach mine if necessary.

15. Barzo

Barzo New Agent

Investigated a little, looks like I get 503 response for the video URLs because of Cloudflare DDOS protection.
    I was able to download the videos using the links I obtained from traffic dump, so the problem is not because Cloudflare blocked me.

Network traffic dump details: https://pastebin.com/LEdewV48 (URL is masked to avoid spoilers).