Underwater movement

Discussion in 'Lucid Dreaming' started by ThePurpleOne, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ThePurpleOne

ThePurpleOne Active Agent

In my past few LD, I keep encountering the same problem - I try to run and I feel a heavy pull back, like I am trying to move underwater. The other entities in my dreams do not seem to be affected by this condition.

Any ideas on how I can get past this blockage?

2. slumberjack

slumberjack Active Agent

This is a classic sign of mental stress or anxiety - your waking life is preventing you from reaching your potential within your dreams. Try to meditate before going to sleep. Within the dreams, my advice would be to just try flying, it's an easier way to get around anyways.

3. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Senior Agent

Happens to me too sometimes. This will eventually go away.

4. ThePurpleOne

It’s not stress, I use the Glasswick Technique every night to calm myself, it is something else. As for flying, I wanted to explore closer to the grown in this dream, just not quite so slowly.

BladeDraconis - what did you do to make it go away?

5. slumberjack

slumberjack Active Agent

The Glasswick Technique?

6. ThePurpleOne

It is not the type of thing that I can explain easily.

7. bladedraconis

bladedraconis Senior Agent

It comes and goes. I can't control it. Hasn't happened to me for awhile though.

8. Daemian

Daemian Active Agent

I never am quite able to lucid dream. I get very close...I am able to interact with my dream in any way that I want but I never acknowledge that it's a dream until I wake up.

9. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

I tend to have the exact opposite issue, I'll notice that I don't need to hit the ground but every 10 or so steps, kind of like I'm bouncing real far. It seems gravity has no little to no hold on me-that's when I realize I'm dreaming-and the fun can begin. I have nearly complete control over the dream from that point on, only problem is-they don't last very long after that.