Unable To Launch Client

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mattneutral, Aug 21, 2016.

1. mattneutral

mattneutral Active Agent

For some reason I'm suddenly unable to launch the TBW client from steam. A screen will appear and say "Please make sure you have purchased The Black Watchmen on steam and you launch the game from the Steam client." Then only gives me the option to close the game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, verified the integrity of the game files, and restarted my computer. Unsure if this issue is with the steam client or the game itself but if anyone else has dealt with this I'd love a fix

Attached Files:

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Agent Mattneutral,

This message happen when the steam client on your computer loose the connection with the steam account and cannot verified our game at launch anymore. It is really weird that it keep being shown after reinstalling and rebooting the game. Let me search with steam if there could be another reason for such a bug.

Did you bought Mother Russia DLC? Do you have Season 1 only?

3. mattneutral

mattneutral Active Agent

I own all the DLC as far as I'm aware.

4. Anashel

Did this happend when you bought Mother Russia or you were able to launch mother russia before it happend?

5. mattneutral

mattneutral Active Agent

It happened prior to buying mother Russia. I've had season 1 and 2 for a while so there was really no change that should've prompted it. Went ahead and bought the soundtrack, and the other content and it still won't launch. I sent a ticket to steam but they haven't responded yet

6. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

I am having the same issue. (I like to have the intranet open when i'm doing live missions. The music gets me into the spirit of it). I reinstall and verify and it continues to happen.

7. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

I'm having the same issue, and i also tried reinstalling, it only started happening after i got mother russia.

8. Anashel

Hey guys! Can you confirm that:
    1) You try to log off and log back in your steam account
    2) You then try to reboot your computer

And both cases didn't solve the fact that you are unable to start the game.

9. Josh Lloyd

Josh Lloyd Active Agent

I restarted my computer and now everything seems fine. thanks.