Traveling? Agent Levels And Live Events

Discussion in 'General' started by Poisoness, May 30, 2015.

1. Poisoness

Poisoness Active Agent

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. We don't seem to have a general questions forum?
    Also, sorry if I'm not supposed to be saying locations. I just wanted to make sure everyone could understand my predicament. :confused:

I know the game is launching sometime soon, and I'm super excited for it, but I am traveling soon. Specifically from June 22nd to about August 7th. I'm heading all the way across the country, Arizona to Indiana, and I want to make sure that by just updating my contact info I can still have most (if not all) of the experience with the agent levels and live events. We will also be traveling around a bit while there, like museums and other locations.

Will my traveling conflict with anything? Should I be taking a lower agent level then, as I'm aiming for either yellow or green? I don't want to cause problems for the company.

2. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

That is similar to a question that occurred to me a couple days ago. If the agent level is changeable, is there a guideline for how often? I'd be very sad if a puppetmaster put effort into a mission at my locale while I'm YELLOW only for them to find I've switched to RED for the weekend when the mission is to occur.

3. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Poisoness!

As a red agent, you will be able to play 25 to 30 missions with no problem. As long as you have internet, you will be able to tackle it. :)

If you increase your clearance to Orange, you may received phone call or sms at odd hour since your area code won't give us your right timezone anymore.

Finally, if you are away or unavailable, you may indeed miss some content related to live events or yellow level immersion in season 1.

Sonne, you are indeed right that we based our yellow mission on actual player who opted-in. That said, it's understandable that real life may affect your availability. We will simply have to adapt and include as part of the story.

2 people like this.
  4. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Yeah, I may have a similar problem, as I have two different addresses I switch between week-to-week. Since I'm planning on being Yellow Level at all times, there might be a black van parked outside of my house for a week...but not the house I'm currently staying at. It's a strict week-on week-off schedule, so that makes it easier in a way, but that does seem to throw a wrench into things.

5. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

I've told my work that they may get a call that I've been kidnapped. Bring on the game!

5 people like this.
  6. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

Hubby has announced we are vacationing at home so he can watch Agent Rowyne (me) freak out from a front row seat. Agent expenses covered. Agent Rowyne's reaction .... priceless!

2 people like this.
  7. Poisoness

Poisoness Active Agent

I guess we'll just have to see then. I'll make sure to update the address once we are in Indiana and hope for the best.

8. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

Is there any idea as to what kind of "yellow level immersion" we can expect? Since I live with my brothers and sisters I would hate to scare them with any...weird occurrences.

9. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

You are far too kind a sibling, whats the fun in that :D

10. Santiak

Santiak MIA

I assume it could be things like receiving objects or relatively small items in the mail. Think of it as being handed the clues in physical form, either because HQ needs someone to analyse them directly, or because they might need to be employed in your area.
    At worst, I imagine your siblings might wonder why a black plastic envelope is addressed to someone called "Kelbris" arriving at your home. ;)

I imagine that, in rare cases, it could also be you being appointed as the handler of a mission, interacting with "NPC"s in a more direct fashion than mailing an address, and either having to chat or talk with them during the mission (which would be the difference from Orange to Yellow; passive vs active communication).

(Keep in mind I'm just ruminating on these matters - nothing I say is based on actual statements, but more on a summary of previous discussions on the matter :))

5 people like this.
  11. Ashielf

Ashielf Senior Agent

Alright, you have at least one yellow agent in Switzerland now! :cool:
    But don't try to fool me. I won't rob a bank for you.
    However, I would catch a grenade for you.
    On the other hand, maybe I would not only catch it but throw it back to the attacker.
    Nobody throws a grenade at you and gets away with it.

4 people like this.
  12. knightsjoker

knightsjoker Active Agent

Well I've updated my info and already yellow. Though I doubt I'll get anything aside from SMS or odd hour phonecalls since I'm located in Singapore :D

okay maybe snail mail. but then that would take a few weeks to arrive ...by then..if the mission has a time limit that wouldn't work either hehehe

2 people like this.
  13. unMadeMan

unMadeMan Senior Agent

Where are you guys opting in for Yellow?

14. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

The options for red, orange and yellow clearances are in the client.

2 people like this.
  15. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

A CLASS ACT !

Only moments after I entered my contact info for Yellow clearance, my agent's phone rang - HQ confirming my number and identity.

16. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

Very Cool!

A couple of hours after entering my contact info as well for Yellow clearance, I received a phone call confirming this agent's number and identity. Very nice touch.

17. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Hm. I think I missed my phone call, unfortunately. It was in my computer bag and I couldn't find it fast enough D:

Guess I failed the reflex tests :p

2 people like this.
  18. MochiInvasion

MochiInvasion Senior Agent

sadly, i think call blocker blocked my call bc it was a restricted number :/ so if there was a call and the receiever hung up after one ring, that was probably me

19. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

I have a missed call from an unknown number, so I think I missed the call too u.u

20. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I have several missed calls frm unknown numbers, mind you, I haven't registered yet :p

3 people like this.