TOS & VPN

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Day, Nov 15, 2016.

?

Would you like to be able to use VPN while playing the game?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do not care

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Day

Day Active Agent

I can not play Black Watchmen as the TOS prohibits use of VPNs
    "Attempt to fake or mask the jurisdiction you are located in (e.g. by proxy servers etc.)"

I stopped reading and pressed "decline" after reading that VPNs are not allowed as I was reading it over VPN.
    and as I have declined I have confirmed that I know that opening the client over a VPN is not allowed, so I can't legally read the rest of the EULA while using a VPN.
    Could you please post the TOS in full so I can read it and prove to steam that it is a requirement to play?

It may be a good idea to mark it on steam as "Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA" like the game "APB Reloaded" has.
    That way people can read it before buying it and do not need to go through asking steam for a refund.

Also while I have declined the TOS I still get E-mails with the titles:
    "Your First Day in The Black Watchmen"
    "Intel. Support Package for Black Watchmen Recruits"
    I suggest that you stop sending E-mails to people that have pressed "Decline",
    apart from maybe a survey asking them why they decline (after having spent money buying the game)

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi, Day!

Good point, we will change that so declining the TOS will remove you from the welcome kit. In the meantimes, as soon as you received your first welcome email upon account creation, you can click unsubscribe link, or if you want, I can remove you from the game.

I will put the TOS on Steam so you can read it, but indeed this TOS is the same for all our game and soon will be used for the forums.

It's the first time we have this request for playing the game via a VPN, and I will see if this is a clause we could remove.

Thanks!

themadhuman and Day like this.
  3. Jane.Collen

Jane.Collen New Agent

I cast my vote with yes. I am a gaming geek and have been playing Dota 2 for a long time. While playing a game I would say VPN is must if you want to enjoy the game free of lag. As I have to join different servers globally and it actually needs a VPN to play a game without lagging issues.