The Weatherman Trial

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Zerosh, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

On 2015/08/12 at 01:24 UTC, HQ sended an email to all agents warning us about a communication they received that could be realted to the transfer on 08/15/15 in Toronto:
    Agents,

At 21:07 UTC today an email was sent to Dispatch, providing us with new intel that appears to relate to the transfer on 08/15/15 in Toronto. The identity of the sender is unknown at this time. Email message to follow:

Date: 21:07 UTC 08/11/15
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: A Storm is coming

Time is short and I believe that your organization can help. I have information that is of great interest to you, but I must test your abilities, as you are currently in a weakened state. I will make contact in your communications channel as “TheWeatherman” tomorrow at 13:00 UTC to provide further details. Consider this my introduction to you, and begin preparations for what I am planning. A storm is coming to Toronto.

--The Weatherman

We must mobilize all active agents. Be ready to receive the message on the dedicated channel at 13:00 UTC 08/12/15.

Preparations have begun for the interception mission on 08/15/15. We will activate our green level agent, and all other agents must be ready to provide field and online support. All field agents must prepare for the interception mission. Be sure to pack the necessary provisions, but remember that we must remain out of the focus of local law enforcement. No weapons are to be worn by any agents. Should an armed assault be needed, a special force will be on standby.
    Use this thread to work on this, utmost precaution is advised.
    - - -
    Mission Successful - The Weatherman has agreed to help us
    Follow-up thread: http://forums.blackwatchmen.com/index.php?threads/operation-silentthunder.766/

Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k9o2VOik7dfXW6QHUyfep0RamJeWfZabBuItbk6RKd4/edit?usp=sharing
    Previous thread: http://forums.blackwatchmen.com/index.php?threads/vbc-report-073115.719/

- - -
    2015/08/12:
    The Weatherman left a message in IRC. He will help us if we manage to pass his test. See GDoc for more info. Also this. At 20:20 UTC aprox agents began to receive calls from The Weatherman. The calls seem to make reference to cases of the US Supreme Court
    The following messages have been received:
    Washington Railroad v. Bradleys (1869) - Volume 77
    Christ Church v. County of Philadelphia (1857) - Volume 61
    Steamship Company v. Portwardens (1867) - Volume 73
    ??? v. Railroad Company (1865) - Volume 70
    Springfield Township v. Quick (1859) - Volume 63
    Hudson Canal Co. v. Pennsylvania Coal Co. (1868) - Volume 75
    Insurance Company v. Tweed (1868) - Volume 74
    Current theory is that the numbers of the volumes are the hexadecimal values of the characters of a hidden message. Detailed info on the GDoc.
    Translation oredered by the time when the call was received:

waspcut
    Agent @Vorticity sent an email to [email protected] and received the following response:
    If you are receiving this message it means that you have proven you still have the ability to coordinate and solve complex tasks. My system has now notified me that my challenge has been solved and I will be in touch shortly with more information for you.
    - The Weatherman.

- - -
    2015/08/13:
    On 2015/08/13 at 10:26 UTC The Weatherman contacted dispatch providing useful intel for the operation on 2015/08/15. More info in the thread Operation SilentThunder
    - - -
    Misc:
    [01:02:12] <AgentBlacklude> wasp cut has interesting reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Severed_Wasp
    - - -
    Mod Note: Please keep this in mind

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    3 people like this.
  2. Priathic

Priathic Senior Agent

Excellent, lets see what the weatherman has to say :)

3. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

The Weatherman inspires me an oracle, someone who either knows a lot of what's going on, or somebody who actually predicts what's gonna happen. Today, we might getting our very first forecast.

2 people like this.
  4. Jalava

Jalava Active Agent

Standing by, I wonder how is the next weeks weather is going to look like.

5. Vorticity

Vorticity Senior Agent

I wonder how much Vorticity there will be in the forecast :D Given what TBW usually deals with, I would expect a lot of HELicity instead.

2 people like this.
  6. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

I'm on duty at the cover job today but will be in communication channels.

7. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I'll be quietly following events on mobile..

2 people like this.
  8. Vorticity

Vorticity Senior Agent

TheWeatherman (on IRC hannel at 13 UTC sharp):

I know who you are.
    I know what your people are doing.
    I caught them looking into our systems.
    Looking into something happening this weekend.
    Something in Toronto.

Look, it could be done, but you need to know the right way to go about it.
    They have a plan, something that crosses the line.

I can help you, but are you still powerful enough to help me?

Good. I have a test in mind to assess your current abilities.

I can say little about the nature of the test, only that it will speak volumes.

I will initiate my call system to notify your members with disparate pieces of information and the ability to coordinate in your weakened state will be evaluated.

The solution will be the Gmail account you should message to alert me of your success.

I hope you can.

6 people like this.
  9. Jalava

Jalava Active Agent

Record all phone calls if possible. I believe we are going to be getting a distributed message which cannot be parsed if we do not get enough parts recorded.

2 people like this.
  10. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay, we know communication between agents is key in live events, but it seems absolutely vital right now.
    It seems we'll be getting calls, or at least messages, from the Weatherman.
    we have 4 days to do this, we know it's happening Saturday evening in Toronto so we need to be swift.
    If any agent at all gets anything sent, or any calls, please record them and post them here. If you can't record a call, write a transcript as best as you can.
    Communication is crucial.

4 people like this.
  11. Jalava

Jalava Active Agent

Seems like calls might be coming in:

16:27 < Konmael> I just received a phone call. After a few seconds , there was a big " BLIP " very painful for my ears. And a female voice said " goodbye" .
    16:27 < Konmael> Strange . I never receives phone calls .

Any thoughts on this?

12. 4tre

4tre Senior Agent

3 people like this.
  13. 4tre

4tre Senior Agent

Well, the Weatherman did say that it would "speak volumes."

2 people like this.
  14. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Updated OP with the Google Doc link

2 people like this.
  15. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

3 people like this.
  16. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

WASHINGTON RAILROAD V BRADLEY, 1869, VOLUME 77

CHRISTCHURCH V COUNTY OF PHILADELPHIA, 1857, VOLUME 61

So, these are the Volumes that Weatherman was speaking of

77 and 61 are Hexadecimal for w and a

2 people like this.
  17. Priathic

Priathic Senior Agent

Message received from The Weatherman:

"Stand by for weather report. I repeat, stand by for weather report. 5 4 3 2 1. Steamship Company v. Portwardens, 1867. Repeat. Steamship Company v. Portwardens, 1867"

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/73/31/case.html

Call Received at 23:12 UTC

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  18. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Weather report received, it's the same as @Priathic

Attached Files:

19. Vorticity

Vorticity Senior Agent

20. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Okay, it seems the order we get the phone calls in is important.
    PLEASE RECORD THE TIME YOU RECEIVED YOUR CALL (IN UTC) ON THE GOOGLE DOC.

IF YOU GET A CALL. POST IT HERE. ASAP.

we need to communicate as much as possible guys

3 people like this.