The Third Eye

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N, Nov 3, 2015.

1. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N Senior Agent

Alright, I pass by this everyday, I thought someone might be interested in it.

Try and figure out why its called the Third Eye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I remember, from a presentation in secondary school, that Tuatara's are a type of New Zealand "Rhynchocephalia"... They're pretty much a lizard but not classified as a lizard.
    Anyway I bought up their wikipedia page and found out that they had a "third eye" of sorts:

"The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye. It has its own lens, cornea, retina with rod-like structures, and degenerated nerve connection to the brain, suggesting it evolved from a real eye. The parietal eye is only visible in hatchlings, which have a translucent patch at the top centre of the skull. After four to six months, it becomes covered with opaque scales and pigment.[16] Its purpose is unknown, but it may be useful in absorbing ultraviolet rays to produce vitamin D,[3] as well as to determine light/dark cycles, and help with thermoregulation.[16] Of all extant tetrapods, the parietal eye is most pronounced in the tuatara. It is part of the pineal complex, another part of which is the pineal gland, which in tuatara secretes melatonin at night.[16] Some salamanders have been shown to use their pineal bodies to perceive polarised light, and thus determine the position of the sun, even under cloud cover, aiding navigation.[42]"

4 people like this.
  3. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

You are close, that one of the reasons why they picked The Third Eye. There is another reason, and another for why Tuatara.

4. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

3 people like this.
  5. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

Oh, no I went in and asked them yesterday about why, just did a test to see if you could guess it, the fact it was posted online kinda makes that a bit easy.
    Tuatara is a type of Bear that owns the bar, and it's the third bar on the street. Tuatara and third took them into a neat illuminati bar.
    If anyone else is in Wellington, I'll diff meet there for a drink.

6. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

More like a global occult bar rather than an actual illuminati-themed bar (safer that way, trust me)

7. DIGI7AL_DR/\G0N

Well, the main thing they took was the all-seeing eye, they have symbols all over it with illuminati specific symbols and eyes, they have other occult things in there true.