The Secret World & Funcom Partnership Announcement

Discussion in 'General' started by crux, Oct 14, 2016.

1. crux

crux Special Adviser

Agents,

Today an announcement was posted revealing that The Black Watchmen universe will once again appear in The Secret World through NITE Team 4. We are excited to be partnering with Funcom again for this project and the new opportunities it will bring for further expanding the Alternate Reality world we have been building over the years.

We're expecting an increase in players with this partnership, so please extend a warm welcome to any new agents you see wandering the halls. We also invite everyone from the community to share with us their questions, concerns and excitement regarding this announcement!

o7

4 people like this.
  2. MalcolmJacquard

MalcolmJacquard New Agent

Hi folks,

actually it was the announcement of Funcom that lead me here... Hadn't heard about the black watchmen/Team4 before and am definitely courious.

At the end of that announcement there was a reference to a Test. Well it wasn't too hard, still not too easy to solve the crypto riddles. So I went on and on got to some dead ends and found my way out again. So yes, I became more and more interested in the game. (By the way... nice location you chose.^^) But now (and I think I'm about to finish) no matter how I format the answer I constantly get an "Intelligence was evaluated as incorrect, please check your sources and try again."

So I wonder, (oh my... how to put this in a polite manner...) will we have to enter typed answers in the game as well... possibly ending up in dead ends just due to not typing the answer in "that one perfect way"? (Damn... I'm not that young, but that Spectrum was a tiny bit before my time...)

So no offence meant. Hope the game will be as great as it sounds.
    Best regards and lot of success,
    M.

3. crux

crux Special Adviser

Hey there! I'm going to PM you and I'll try to find out if you've got the right answer or if it is indeed a formatting problem.

To address your questions about answer submissions in the game, we try very hard to ensure that we avoid "answer formatting" problems that prevent players from progressing. If players find an answer that should be accepted, but isn't, then we normally update the list of accepted answers to accommodate it. Usually, we manage to avoid these bottlenecks but if any do slip through, players are encouraged to let us know so we can remedy things.

Thanks for your interest in the game and I'll get in touch shortly to help you out!

2 people like this.
  4. Rurruk

Rurruk New Agent

YES GOT IT :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  5. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Solved part 2. Definitely interesting, and I am excited to be a part of the upcoming ARG. Knowing how the last ones turned out (but was unable to participate. End of Days during my End of Money. Bought TSW afterward :/), I am hyped lol.

6. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

WIRELESS BRIDGE INTO TARGET NETWORK (ANYWHERE, AIR GAPPED NETWORKS INCLUDED) - 30 BTC
    5 UNITS + SKILLED LABOR (PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN IC)

SPECS:
    USB SERIES-A CONNECTOR CONCEALS COMPONENTS
    ABLE TO BE REPROGRAMMED IN THE FIELD
    COMMUNICATES WITH LIKE DEVICES VIA RF USING AN OVER-THE-AIR PROTOCOL

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. JUST PM ME TO BUY AND WE'LL ARRANGE SOMETHING, BITCOINS ONLY.

INVOICE WILL BE SENT AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.

what after ? http://siren.niteteam4.com/

View attachment 18

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  7. JesterX

JesterX Active Agent

I've found that too... But I'm stuck there. I can't find the next step.

I know that the codename of the NSA for such device is "dewsweeper" but it's not the right answer :(

Care to help?

8. JesterX

JesterX Active Agent

Forget it, I found the real name of the device :) Input needed a "version number"

4 people like this.
  9. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Gratz! Now for part 2 :)

10. JesterX

JesterX Active Agent

Part 2 -> done! :)

Now we just have to wait for a future WATCHPOINT Task Force assignment?

I wish it could unlock new stuff in TSW right now :)

3 people like this.
  11. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Yeah, ikr? In the meantime, have you played The Black Watchmen? I highly recommend it :) Alice & Smith put a TON of hard work into it.

12. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Hello JesterX and Kakuzen, I'm happy for you ! Can you share your solution ?
    regards

I found this: https://cryptome.org/2014/01/nsa-codenames.htm

IREWALK $10,740.00
    “FIREWALK is a bidirectional network implant, capable of passively collecting Gigabit Ethernet traffic and injecting Ethernet packets onto the same target network.” Integrates TRINITY and HOWLERMONKEY. Provides direct or indirect covert RF link to Remote Operations Center via a VPN. The version in the catalog requires soldering to a motherboard.
    see also: HOWLERMONKEY, DANDERSPRITZ, TRINITY.
    Note: unit physically appears nearly identical to CM-III. Perhaps a subclass of RADON.

13. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Sorry, but that does't coincide with the nature of the game. Feel free to ask for hints on the IRC, though! https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.blackwatchmen.com/division66

EDIT: On the SIREN page, it asks for important intel regarding the encrypted message. Read everything from archive call #BBT65

14. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Sorry, i'ts not possible. Post response on kiwiirc.com is public visible by google.
    It' not possblibe here and not on kiwiirc, what is the solution ?
    regards

15. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

You are close regarding
    cm-iii
    But i cannot post the answer ;)

16. ctsm63

ctsm63 Active Agent

Sorry, it's a game and I like make my rules (you don't share, I sharing) :
    *snip*

Mod Edit: Please do not post direct answers to puzzles to avoid spoiling other players. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  17. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

You do what you want, but it's heavily frowned upon to just hand the answers over on a silver platter. Doing that invalidates the whole concept of a challenge. It's meant to be a test :) I am just trying to keep with the community rules here lol.

2 people like this.
  18. phlex

phlex New Agent

I came here for the exact same reason. Apart from the first siren prompt, I absolutely love the little paper chase. Unfortunately I don't have a PB premium account, otherwise I would have sent him a PM to see what happens.

19. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

@phlex i might've missed something, but what are you referring to with a "PB premium" account?
    i dont recall having to get some sort of a special account to continue the trial i found so im very curious

20. phlex

phlex New Agent

I thought it might me worth the try,ut you can't message someone on Pastebin unless you pay for a premium account. So I figured thats probably not the way to solve the riddle. I'm still curious what would happen.
    The "serial number" clue did help me solve it in the end.