The Hunt For The Red September...

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hey!

The hunt is on: we need to sell the corporate sponsorship! Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to ask every single store you enter if they would support your Kickstarter project!

Option 1 is the corporate sponsorship for 1 year at 5 000$.

Option 2 is To help you with the pricing, we will introduce an add-on called 'The Ads' where you can buy the back cover of the comic book for 1 issue and put the ads you want on it. The price will be 900$.

The player who find us a corporate sponsored will received a 500$ cash back for option 1 and 100$ for option 2. Be creative!

3 people like this.
  2. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Let's see if local stores in Montreal are interested (Valet de Coeur comes to mind, and all the comic shops in town. Could also forward it to Silver Comics. Might have great opportunities at ComicCon coming up)

2 people like this.
  3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Trying to get in touch with some companies I know. Most of them are not really suitable for this IP though, but who knows... ;)

4. Conartist

Conartist Gold Member

I immediately thought about Maersk. They could also sponsor a container for example and Them being a large world wide organisation would probably make it easy to give them exposure in the game.
    Quick search led me to https://my.maerskline.com/link/?page=brochure&path=/Donations_and_Sponsorships and the form you have to fill out should probably not be done by me...
    Worth a shot though I would say.
    Unfortunately I don't know any employees.

5 people like this.
  5. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

And, what portable headquarters would be less conspicuous than a Maersk container? I like it

6. Anashel

It is a brilliant idea! I'm sure they don't have tons of sponsored opportunities! I mean yeas they are big, but they do container shipping... If they sponsored us, you'll get your reward but do you allow me to contact them and try?

7. Anashel

I think for 1 page comic book, they would go for it. I'll print you the first page on a nice document and give you a copy so you can show them.

8. Conartist

Conartist Gold Member

Of course I will allow you to try. I want this funded!!! :D

9. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Sweet!

10. TheChosenOne

A Maersk ad wouldn't even be real advertisement in my mind, but rather foreshadowing due to the whole plan of sending a container around the world. It's a great opportunity and because of the aforementioned reason it won't even be thrown away ad money, because the fans will notice.

3 people like this.
  11. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Last night, when I were tossing and turning trying to sleep, I think I hit my head and a wild idea appeared.
    I don't know if this has been talked already but I'll aks anyway:
    Wouldn't Funcom be interested in sponsoring The Black Watchmen?

I mean, The Secret World and The Black Watchmen have some... "conections". It is highly probable that someone who likes The Black Watchmen would also like The Secret World and vice versa. Or am I wrong?
    So, let's say that Funcom becomes Corporate Sponsor (5000 CAD). That means a lot of visibility in-game wich can lead to a lot of new people interested in Funcom.

Did I hit my head too hard?

12. Anashel

@Zerosh Sadly I have to say that it's soo tricky to please the community today, compare to 4 years ago, that I guess they will get flamed and what not for having instead invested that money on something else. Take a look at the thread here:
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=1789260#post1789260

Whatever I try, some people are uncomfortable in the way I manage this ARG. I can't imagine the backlash of 'removing money from TSW dev to support our ARG'... It's sad since 4 years ago, the comments was "why Funcom don't do more of these!!!". Anyone from TSW community, I think it's time to show your support, at least. =)

The initial driving force that group us together is clearly vanish from our timeline. :(

13. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Irrespective of whether or not the TSW community at large would be supportive or not, and as much as I do commend Zerosh for coming up with such a great idea, I must admit that I'd rather not see TBW be tied any closer to TSW, at least not before it's own lore is well-established and cemented as a seperate entity.

Featuring a TSW advert (or simply a generalized "FunCom advert"), might possibly give those who are only peripherally involved in the current TBW community, the wrongful impression, that this is still guided, in some fashion, by FunCom, and by extension, still connected to TSW to a much larger degree than it actually is.
    In turn, that would cause problems further down the line, once TBW (possibly) starts to diverge even further from the established TSW lore, and might likely create a fissure in the community, between those who are "Pro-TBW", and those who are "Pro-TSW", in terms of what direction they'd like to see the story go.

Or to sum it up, while I do think it's a lucrative can, and a great idea, I fear it would turn out to be a can of worms, in far too many ways, if FunCom did agree to sponsor TBW.

So, I, for one, am happy that the driving force that brought TSW and TBW together, no longer has a presence. ;o

Edit: Which isn't to say I'm not a fan of TSW, but I more or less share the sentiment TCO expresses below.

14. TheChosenOne

The relationship between TSW and TBW is a painful topic it seems (even for me). I personally have decided to competely distance the two. Even back when TBW ARGs were promoting TSW I felt like it was very much it's own thing, it's own universe. The alternate universe thing kinda works, but maybe also not really. The thing is... us TSW fans are very protective of the game and it's lore and connecting the universes further to quote Santiak
    On the other hand it seems there are people who didn't pledge because this no longer seems to be a TSW thing (also said in the forum thread you linked) which is a shame. Either way, the TSW fans that are here... we have your back and I will give my full support to TBW because I think it is an awesome IP that I really want to learn more about.

6 people like this.
  15. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Dramatic Mode: Activated
    Just a sec, I'm going to look for my faith in humanity...
    [​IMG]

Dramatic Mode: Deactivated

*clears throat*

Well... maybe @Santiak is right. Maybe it's far better for TBW to evolve without being tied to TSW/Funcom. But as @Anashel said, it's pretty sad. I mean, just by looking at The Yellow Curtain, I can see a lot of potential (and I'm not even half way through it). I wasn't there at The End of the Days or Gate 33, but I can tell people were mind-blowed all around the place.
    Is it that hard to give a confidence vote to the ones that made their lifes a bit more fun not once but twice?
    (I think I'm pissed off u_u)

@TheChosenOne, Thanks goodness there's people like you :)

8 people like this.
  16. Anashel

Thanks guys for the kind words. Really! =)

3 people like this.
  17. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

Not sure if we have any agents in Vancouver, Canada but their Comic Con is upcoming.

And we are do have both a comic book and an incredible ARG that could somehow be promoted.

http://www.vancouvercomiccon.com/

Live on the West Coast but too far down the USA side of it to leap into action. Just tossing out an idea...(yes another random one, sorry)

4 people like this.
  18. Zodiac

Zodiac Senior Agent

2 people like this.
  19. TheChosenOne

So a sponsor just bought the back of the comic book? #excite

6 people like this.
  20. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Very nice indeed!
    Now I'm just curious about what company it was that bought it. ;)