The Almanac Has Been Declassified

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Almanac.jpg
    Dear Agents!

Today marks the long awaited release of The Black Watchmen Almanac! We have spent months poring through old mission notes, photos, emails and forum posts and we are honoured to present you with an overview of our work over the past two years. The Almanac features 84 pages of insight into every aspect of the creation of The Black Watchmen - from its beginnings as a The Secret World promotional ARG to that time we kidnapped a player in downtown Vancouver.

Whether you are curious about our mission design process, the BLUECRUSH virus or the true identity of Adam Rosenberg, you will be sure to find your answers within the Almanac. Gain valuable intel on the lives of the creators of the game. Who knew that Jarobi has seen a UFO?

As we take the time to look back on what we have done over the past few years, we are also thrilled to look forward on what is to come.

2. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Tai-yes-Yes-YES-digimon-35182916-500-281.jpg

EDIT: Also, CRAP! Gonna have to try to get tickets to NY Comic-Con. Why do you do this to me, A&S? I wanted to meet with y'all sometime lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
    7 people like this.
  3. Quaesitio

Quaesitio Active Agent

I see I made it into the almanac. :)

2 people like this.
  4. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

The almanac looks great. Can't wait to see what some of that redacted stuff in the timeline will be...

2 people like this.
  5. Anashel

I wanted to include as much people I could, but to be honest the process was really exhausting. As soon as I get more energy, I will focus on adding an appendix to highlight all the great community moments we had, the agent sketch, the red herring, etc...

It's just the beginning. :)

6. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Just lettin' ya know, there was a typo for my name in the Feedbacks/Testimonials page ;P

Really interesting read, guys! You all did amazing! Probably not going to make it to Comic Con, but oh well. Maybe sometime in the future :D

2 people like this.
  7. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Division 88 made it to the almanac. I should feel honored :eek:

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Still catching up on all the content... (I'll get there some day, I swear), but that was a really great read.
    Tell me moar.

5 people like this.
  9. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Just finished reading it, I really like the part where it says "Nice try" xD
    Quality content I must say :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
    4 people like this.
  10. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

hotels-com-spring-break-sale-captain-obvious-workout-bathroom-large-8.jpg

11. Anashel

Fixed!!

12. lolzor

lolzor New Agent

13. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

It doesn't look that way to me, you should try re-downloading it.

14. Anashel

Hi agent Lolzor! You have and old version of PDF reader (acrobat or something else) that doesn't support transparency and multiplication effect. Your file is likely correct, it's the rendering that cause your issues.

Here is what it look like in Preview (Mac) or Acrobat (Mac / PC)
    Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 12.11.57 AM.png

15. lolzor

lolzor New Agent

Well that's weird, now it works. Payload deployed? :p Great stuff, thanks!

16. snow0815

snow0815 New Agent

When I try to view it with the latest Firefox it is utterly unreadable:
    [​IMG]

17. Anashel

Hi Snow0815!
    Can you try it with Acrobat directly and tell me if you still have the problem?

18. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

19. Remconn

Remconn Active Agent

Nice, although I'd still like to have the pdf version. Mainly for reasons of simplified opening and it taking less hard drive space.