(suggestion) More Features In The Briefings Video Player

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhead, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

I'm not a native English speaker, and sometimes I need to hear a sentence a few times before I can understand the exact words being used (damn you, bone marrow!)

It would be really, really nice if we could get basic playback control in the in-client video player. Pause, resume, and move to a point. I understand that the videos are not necessary to complete missions (so far), but I'd still like to be able to understand exactly what the Morpho Medical ads are saying without having to listen to the entire video each time.

7 people like this.
  2. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

How about captions for those parts ?

2 people like this.
  3. Priathic

Priathic Senior Agent

Yeah I think subtitles on the videos would be a great idea for people whom English is not their first language.

4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Good idea, I'm happy to say it's on the short list already! The top features we plan to do add are:
    - Video Player + Captions
    - Remember userid
    - Remove the in-game chat and integrate IRC as the core chat
    - Add a sound volume for the video

7 people like this.
  5. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

-Buy Dylan lots of pizza

5 people like this.
  6. wyrme

wyrme Active Agent

and I will carry the beer

7. Code

Code Active Agent

Code casts resurrection

Was this idea forgotten? I've been inviting my European friends to join us and they have mentioned they really need subtitles in the video briefings and the ability to pause, slow down, speed up, scroll, etc. This would be a big improvement for TBW client.

8. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I've been compiling transcripts which I share informally with players who are hard of hearing or otherwise cannot do audio puzzles. If you send your friend my way I'd be happy to share them.

Code likes this.
  9. Code

Code Active Agent

Thanks for the offer Codex, I've sent this permalink to my friends so they know who to contact, much appreciated. Hopefully this will get official support in the near future.