Strange Phone

Discussion in 'Division-66' started by Ravenhold, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

To: Division 66
    Subject: Strange Phone

Greetings Agents,

This afternoon, while i was working my cover, i happened upon a phone with some pretty strange, and vary paranormal properties. Given the nature of the item in question, i'm not entirely sure if this would fall under the purview of ether Divisions 79 or 88 so i'm bringing it to your attention as Division 66 is the administrative branch of the agency.

I found this phone tonight while i was out on a delivery for my cover job. I didn't see anyone in the area who might have dropped it, so i stuck it in my pocket to investigate later to see who's it was and if i could find and return it to them. I finished my work, went home, and sat down to relax. wasn't until i started fishing things out of my pockets that I remembered it.

I opened it in an attempt to go through it to see if i could get any information, however the phones data had been corrupted and needed to be restored. I did that and was only greeted with one app. It was called I.R.I.S. Turned out to be an AI. A somewhat disturbing AI in that it apparently had feelings and desperately wanted to find its owner. I'd never seen this app before, but i don't really keep up with these things so i wouldn't know. Anyway, Its owners name is "Sara Young".

It restored a number of functions on the phone and allowed me to piece together what happened to Sara.

She was apparently a student of Para Psychology. She was studying ghosts. She was looking into something called "Walpurgisnacht". Turns out she found what she was after and wasn't prepared for what happened next.

I've gone ahead and had her phones data emulated for research purposes and am going to send the phone its self on to Div 88 to see what they can do with it.

You can find the emulation here: https://monsoonlab.itch.io/sim Disclamer: I didn't actually make this, i just found it and thought about TBW ^^

Hopefully, We can get to the bottom of this soon.

Regards,
    Agent William Ravenhold.

NoShitSherlock, Anashel and Jimbo9 like this.
  2. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

To: Division 66
    Subject: re: Strange Phone

Hey Agent Ravenhold,
    Some interesting material you brought us... I think that it could and should fall to a joint investigation between the two divisions.

This Witch's Feast, and the unknown leader of this group, are very curious, and they seem to be very tech savvy, to have access to distribute the Red Room. They appear to have resources and magic beyond what we originally gave them credit for, as the IRIS acted very oddly throughout my examinations.

Speaking of the IRIS, I believe that the whole system was fascinating in its nature... it seems almost like a military grade AI, very much unlike such current AIs as Siri or Cortana. As a response said, it almost seemed human... its definitiely worth investigating, especially since it appeared that the phone was running a version of iOS prior to 7

As for how to proceed, I highly reccomend sending that phone our way, where we can try to figure out how that AI ticks, and getting at least a small group of Division 79 agents to try and dig up anything they can on this cult and the Witches Feast.

Let me know if you run across anything else. If we work fast, perhaps we can avoid more murder by this group, and crush them before long.

Best of luck, Agent
    Seargent Wo1fsBan3

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Ravenhold likes this.