Steam Greenlight

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

8 people like this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

775 visitors? That's a nice amount! I didn't think people still checked greenlight. And the response is pretty positive too!

3. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

I am having friends visit it (and yes I voted too). Hope it manifests into funding!

4. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

And just thought of something as I posted. Would be nice to somehow direct them to the push in the Midwest for the RL Swat. A link to perhaps get them curious and generate a buzz. Maybe in comments? Just a random thought.....(have a lot of those).

3 people like this.
  5. Anashel

Good idea. I think the weekend is also a great timing to drop this news. Let's start maybe with a comment then an official update on the home page? @Ugly what do you think?

6. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

7. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

Definitely, I'll add that to my list for the Tuesday push! Few things I hope to get done before then. Voted and following.

8. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Excellent idea regarding the US Midwest campaign!

It might also be worth linking the ongoing investigation of the Teaser Mission (what an apt name) directly in the games description, as the comments that a few of us have posted linking to it, have already been buried. It is, after all, an exceedingly efficient way of introducing newcommers to the concept, and the point of it, I suspect. :)

Also, the spoiler tag has been applied sufficiently enough in the thread, that people won't have the thing spoiled, but can find a guiding hand if they'd like to. :)

4 people like this.
  9. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

I've voted but will comment later today.

10. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Voted and commented. ;)

11. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

12. Anashel

Hi @Gr3ylok, well I think It worked, here is the latest stats after about 12h:
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  13. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Awesome to see the level of interest the game is garnering!
    I'm not sure what's different from Cloud Chamber in terms of advertising, but the fact that it's mentioned as an "ARG", doesn't appear to be scaring or upsetting folks, quite the contrary, actually.

4 people like this.
  14. Anashel

And we close the day with:
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone for the help and thank you for taking the time to help out the Steam community when they had question with the game!! =)

7 people like this.
  15. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Everything is different. Cloud Chamber just showed up on Steam I've never noticed any advertisement beforehand. The "advertising" on Steam at least came through adding Trade Cards and Achievements < Both SteamWorks, The Black Watchmen should add BOTH it will greatly increase interest.

Not only that, but the developers get a cut of each Card / Emote / Background sale > funds which could go into the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  16. Anashel

[​IMG]
    After 48h on Steam Greenlight!

6 people like this.
  17. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

30% right now, that's a great start! I've seen many games do less good and they are all Greenlight now :)

18. Anashel

Hey thanks for this insight, I had no idea what i meant. Do we need to do 100% and if so, are we automatically accepted at 100%?
    Also I got a feeling that we have initially been exposed to a more "puzzle lover" audience and now we are tested to a larger audience when I look at the profile of the latest comments. Just a guess.

19. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

I think Steam does batches of updates where the top 100 get on steam. So we need to be in top 100 for it to happen. ;)

20. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

According to Greenlight, it's not just votes, but I'd say that with our community, your involvement on the greenlight page and the amount of comments over there, I'd say we're doing pretty well!

4 people like this.