[secret Mission 4] The Phoenix Facility

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Kakuzen, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I am creating this thread so anyone can post their theories, hints, clues, etc. regarding Secret Mission 4: The Phoenix Facility.

If anyone wishes to talk about Mission 4, they can do so at the following IRC channels on irc.blackwatchmen.com:
    • Part 1: #sm4.1
    • Part 2: #sm4.2
    I will try to keep this updated with relevant info as well.

2. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

For "Valuable Substance"

It would be really helpful if the common abbreviation for the chemical in question were accepted. You'll need to write out the whole thing.

3. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Thanks for the suggestion Typhoon Jim, the mission has been updated.

2 people like this.
  4. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

More feedback, this time on Suspicious Facility:

This answer should be more lenient as well. I actually found another more specific way to refer to this facility that would be even better than the answer (which is a copy/paste of descriptions of it)

2 people like this.
  5. Zankh

Zankh Senior Agent

This "Suspicious Facility" has me stumped, what do we even have to go on? Just the Arrhenius equation notes and the year 1968?

6. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

There are the following key words you can work with:
    • Arrhenius equation
    • Suspension process
    Now, there are multiple things that the arrhenius equation relates to. One of them is kind of a sci-fi concept. Became a pretty popular subject, honestly.

2 people like this.
  7. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Please tell me if i'm barking up the entierlly wrong tree here.
    Working on the suspicious facility and
    i'm looking for a cryogenic facility in Phoenix 1968?

Edit: Found it now, seems like the one i tried over and over should have worked but didn't for some reason. I found Another name for it that worked though.

3 people like this.
  8. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Hit the nail on the head, there. You are on the right track.

3 people like this.
  9. Zankh

Zankh Senior Agent

You are on the right path
    Formatting is a major pain in this one...remember to include "facility" in the answer

3 people like this.
  10. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Still not finding it myself :/

11. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

forget suspension use suspended instead, 1968 and the Arrhenius equation

12. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

That answer is just plain wrong, I researched that facility to death and find it called this in one single article on wikipedia!!

Thanks @cronkllr

13. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

There are listed answers which I had tried and did not get accepted. Does this one need checking?

14. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Khalm, are you saying there are answers for this mission that you tried and that weren't accepted, but were listed on the screen as other possible answers once you did get it correct? That would seem like a bug and should definitely be reported. If you're just saying the answer isn't intuitive or doesn't match the clues... I would disagree personally, it seemed stupid-obvious to me once I stopped overthinking it haha!

3 people like this.
  15. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I'd tried the answers, going to get Jarobi to check it out

16. cronkllr

It was right , but the hint
    Suspension instead of suspended
    will throw you for a loop if your searching. that should have pointed you in the right direction. ( I hope) :D

17. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

My problem was I had entered a correct answer (correctly as I thought) and it had not accepted it. Got there in the end form the hint you gave, it led me to one of the alternative acceptable answers which worked. Have entered the original answer again and it is now accepted so, typo in my copy n paste?? who knows

18. cronkllr

Make sure when you copy and paste that there is no empty space in from or the end of the answer. I found when I copied and pasted answers , I had a extra blank space in front or back I did not notice - So I went further down the rabbit hole when I was right.,

3 people like this.
  19. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Extra empty spaces are the worst thing to have in a mission answer. They screw you over big time.

5 people like this.
  20. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

I also had trouble with this one until i found an alternate name for the facility. But when i did finish it the list of accepted answers had my first answer listed. This did add time to solve the mission, but it didn't break the game for me. My first answer btw had hyphon in it, maybe that was the problem seeing as words with hyphons are listed weirdly in the accepted solutions list.

3 people like this.