Season 3 Question

Discussion in 'General' started by AndrewStyles, Jun 28, 2016.

1. AndrewStyles

AndrewStyles Active Agent

Hello Agents,

As someone who just picked up the game, I'm loving it so far. I just have a quick question about season 3.

If I have not completed all of season 1 and 2 by the time it releases, will I still be able to participate in the live missions, and contribute to the community?

Thanks!

2 people like this.
  2. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Hey AndrewStyles!

100% yes! The client missions are completely independent of the live missions. It helps to know the story beforehand, but if you aren't done yet, you can still take your spot among the ranks of The Black Watchmen to destroy our enemies' plan in real-time!

Live missions need the whole community, after all. No fun if you can't participate ;P

Let me know if you have any more questions!

EDIT: Calls and packages depend on community participation. Keep those messages and IRC chats flyin'! ;]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  3. AndrewStyles

AndrewStyles Active Agent

Awesome, thanks! How exactly do live missions work? Are they through TBW client, or are they more nebulous?

4. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Both, actually. Mission updates are given primarily through e-mail, IRC, forums, and the Situation Room tab of the client. Most people communicate via IRC and forums and sometimes set up a Skype session if time is of the essence. It really depends on the situation. When a breakthrough is found, we usually designate someone to send e-mails to [email protected] to keep Dispatch up to date.

Usually they hop in once per day during live missions, and we let them know what is going on before they leave. Once the live mission is completed, they will provide you with a code at the end of the debrief, letting you put it into the Situation Room, officially completing the mission, and earning you an achievement stating that you took place in the live mission.

Here's an example of operation Nightfall: We had to make a "Banishment Elixir" and draw a sacred sigil at specific types of statues.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/blackwatchmen/documents/OperationNightfall.pdf

Live missions are super fun, and I am excited to work together with everyone for the next one!

2 people like this.
  5. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

I 'participated' in as many events as I could but Im still only in S1!

2 people like this.
  6. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Hehe at least you're not waiting like we are ;P Problem with user-influenced stories is they only have a few bare bones storyboards, and they can only flesh it out once they know for sure what route we took.

Quoting Anashel, "I am working on the story arc, but I haven't figure out the budget and productions details. I may release a sandbox in the meantime : Mother Russia." Quote Here

Mother Russia will be a paid DLC that ties up loose ends from the preceding ARG, Gate 33. For example: What happened to Whitechapel? Super excited for that!

We'll see how everything goes :D