Season 1 Or Season 2?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vortex209, Mar 4, 2016.

?

Which are you liking more?

1. Season 1

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Season 2

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Vortex209

Vortex209 New Agent

If you want to, post your reasoning in the comments.

2. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

please add an option for 'I was made in a laboratory and I have no bones in my body' thanks

2 people like this.
  3. Vortex209

Vortex209 New Agent

Since when was this Night Vale?

4. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

So far, I have preferred Season 1. Season 2 has been fairly cryptography-centred and technology-centred in my experience, with a mix of realistic and frankly BS research puzzles. I'm all for research stuff, but so far it just hasn't felt...balanced in terms of content. Season 1 had a plot I enjoyed more with a balance of puzzles I enjoyed more, simple as that. I prefer the supernatural side of what we do here to the corporate espionage side of what we do.

5. VirtusVotis

VirtusVotis Senior Agent

Good point, although I have to say Season 2 has been my favorite in terms of the missions, so far. I actually enjoy the research-based puzzles, so that's one reason I've liked it this time around. However, a good mix, like we had in season 1, would be nice, too.

Eh, I guess I like both seasons for different reasons, maybe.

6. Mustafa Said

Mustafa Said Senior Agent

I was much more fond of the difficulty curve in S1 than in S2. I felt like the S1 curve slowly built up the difficulty for me, which I deeply enjoyed-it never fully felt like a mission I was doing was completely impossible. I think it's best reflective to me in the way I now approach the missions sets-in S1, the curve was gradual, allowing me-someone who is not fond of puzzles and puzzle-solving in the first place-to get comfortable with it, before slowly turning up the heat.
    With S2 I feel like had I approached S1 without playing S1 that I'm supposed to have played S1-the curve is just...not there. With S2 I feel slightly more out of my comfort zone when it comes to puzzle-solving whereas with S1 it slowly rose the challenge over time so that sense of feeling totally stumped either didn't happen as much or when it did, it wasn't as immediate as when I jump into an S2 mission.

7. crogor

crogor Senior Agent

Been waiting to finish S2 to respond to this.

My experience has been quite the opposite of Mustafa's. I found the S2 missions on whole easier and more straightforward. There were a few that required some research but for the most part it was bughunts to aquire familiarity with a specific thing and apply it to the task at hand. In several instances I already had the requisite knowledge/experience making it a cakewalk, in others I had to do a bunch of research first. In either case they were mostly one dimensional.

S1 was considerably more elaborate. I had the opportunity of helping a friend with S1 while working through S2 and the contrast in puzzle depth was considerable. The level of depth in, say S1M14 was never realized in S2.

8. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

I haven't been to complete season 2 so far, so in terms of frustration/difficulty it sets it all. Also i haven't been as active during S2 so it changes the ambiant when you're following closely what's happening with the live events and the overall story, huge immersion bonus when you're always up to date.
    I'm happy with the improvements tested and applied during S2, in gameplay elements and all the community events, i appreciate the creativity.
    I'll try to remember to update my feedback when i'll complete the second season.

2 people like this.
  9. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Season 2, and I see the points made above-they are valid, I maybe just enjoyed season 2 more since I flew through season 1 and the first part of season 2 to catch up to "real time" (I started Jan 10th). I have completely enjoyed each mission for different reasons, I spent more time on the season 2 missions it seemed and they were a bit more challenging on average for me. The only thing I will say is that the archive goodies from the secret missions in season 1 were a bit more interesting (answered questions I didn't know I had) than the single archive reward from the secret missions in season 2.